Fast Cycling on the Prom

If they hit you while you're walking on the Prom, as long as you don't have headphones on, then surely you'd have a nice personal injury claim against them? They'd also have some questions to answer about why they weren't at least 2m away from you at the moment. 

Although it appears 20 metres is the scientific requirement for cyclists not to spread Covid-19 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/09/stay-20-metres-apart-exercising-scientist-warns-fears-runners/

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-social-distancing-walking-running-cyclists-advice-a9457431.html

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/coronavirus-singapore-cycling-federation-recommends-20m-spacing-for-riders-from-separate

Why do people change personalities when they get on a bike, drive a car, get into a position of power? Were they of that personality before and the activity brings out the bad side of their ego or what exactly happens? It's as though they become blinkered by concentrating on the activity.

Really am interested why....................then I might not feel like whacking them on sight.

• Like 4
Just now, doc.fixit said:

Why do people change personalities when they get on a bike, drive a car, get into a position of power? Were they of that personality before and the activity brings out the bad side of their ego or what exactly happens? It's as though they become blinkered by concentrating on the activity.

Really am interested why....................then I might not feel like whacking them on sight.

I agree. I'm an avid cyclist but the behaviour of some, crisis or not, really fucks me off. At the moment i am going out for no more than an hour and no further than a mile or so doing circuits on the road at times of negligible traffic. I am aware that there are still cycling entitlists out there who are smashing several hours a day on a bike WTF? They are probably the same ones that jump lights and ride on the footpath when it suits them at other times. I always acknowledge drivers who give me space or give way to me whether I have the right of way or not. I've been cycling a very long time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I've been riding for at least 70 years now and I just don't want to be associated with most of the trendy, dropped handlebar brigade, I never have and sadly maybe, have always preferred to go quietly on my way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Yes.

They stop them sitting on the seat.

Should we patent the idea and sell them,possibly gaining sponsorship with an energy drinks logo?.  "Red Bull,it gives you an incentive"

2 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I always acknowledge drivers who give me space or give way to me

It was you!

I rode a bike as a teenager, and lost count of the times that motorised vehicles brushed past me when I was already trying my best to keep as far left as possible. 

Now, as a car driver, I try to be considerate to (most!) cyclists, and give a wide berth while overtaking, and when appropriate hang back until I can see a clear space ahead.

I've got no time for the mobster lycra brigade who believe that they own the roads, the pavements, the Prom, etc..

• Like 3