IOM Covid removing restrictions

Just now, Happier diner said:

Perhaps they were wearing masks only to mask the smell of the chicken

Why didn't you report them at the time

They were reported by someone else in the party, was told they were OK so long as they were wearing their masks.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

They were reported by someone else in the party, was told they were OK so long as they were wearing their masks.

Yeah, but that wasn't true was it. Masks were only to be worn when traveling. Thats how the welders got caught

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

Nice one, and yes why don't they just say it

It was only to be expected that we would get a surge in cases within the period of 14 days of people returning and of those mingling with prior returnees. We can now just hope that the lockdown manages to clean the island up  by the end of the month. It should do if people do as they are asked. Those infected should have been through the system, unless they are serious cases? 

I wonder if any of the journos will ask for the stats on how many travel exemptions have been issued by month and by category since the scheme was introduced? I haven't seen or heard of any of those stats for a long time.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Yes, I heard that too during the briefing. I was talking specifically about the 1886 venue that they (the dubious duo) don't seem to talk about anymore. Or did I miss a mention?

To the best of my knowledge this still hasn’t been raised, 111 advice was inconsistent at the time, but I believe people who wanted a test were given one (all staff had one) but there has been absolutely no mention of second tests and they could have quite easily gone on to be Asymptomatic now, we unfortunately won’t find out until symptomatic cases come forward now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

It is possible that they were in day 1,7 or 13 tests  - if three people tested positive on day one fourteen days ago, they will have dropped off the active cases list today to be replaced by the three new positives - in effect cancelling each other out.

The government figures issued (on Twitter) fourteen days ago did show three new cases -  I don't know if they were day one isolation or not.

Totally agree that we should be told exactly what type of new case we have to save all this detective work! 

04B9E346-3DB3-4E5A-AC43-6D0588D41ACE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It is possible that they were in day 1,7 or 13 tests  - if three people tested positive on day one fourteen days ago, they will have dropped off the active cases list today to be replaced by the three new positives - in effect cancelling each other out.

The government figures issued (on Twitter) fourteen days ago did show three new cases -  I don't know if they were day one isolation or not.

Totally agree that we should be told exactly what type of new case we have to save all this detective work! 

They should just delete last years figures and start afresh, it’s absolutely no use having historic data alongside recent stuff, when the same processes aren’t even being followed. I do understand perhaps keeping the total deaths out of respect for those we’ve lost.

• Like 2
Just now, Annoymouse said:

They should just delete last years figures and start afresh, it’s absolutely no use having historic data alongside recent stuff, when the same processes aren’t even being followed. I do understand perhaps keeping the total deaths out of respect for those we’ve lost.

Just seen this...

8F849202-748E-4E4A-93E2-A604D60C4DDD.jpeg