IOM Covid removing restrictions

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

I was vocal about how well they were handling it in the autumn as we were carrying on regardless while the rest of the world was a basket case but it seems behind the scenes there wasn't any coherent policy to ensure it stayed that way other than a few fingers being crossed.

Me too. I really wanted to believe that it was all part of a good government operation with a solid plan.

Turns out they were just winging it.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Someone in a serious condition in Nobles with Covid apparently. Let's hope they are the exception !

Obviously if this is true I wish them a speedy recovery but I do hope they aren’t another one that’s tested positive on admission and they were an existing positive case.

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Are doggy daycare places shut? The last few days theres been a dog near me that's obviously locked in a flat on its own that hasn't shut up. Its doing my head in.

Couple of wives and partners round my way the same..... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Are doggy daycare places shut? The last few days theres been a dog near me that's obviously locked in a flat on its own that hasn't shut up. Its doing my head in.

No, they are allowed to open. Dropping off pooch must be seen as essential travel.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually in November (Wed 18th).  Which of course makes it worse.

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

A few extra bags of sand and  a couple more buckets are on the way to Tynwald as I write, just in case they run out of places to bury their heads at the next sitting.

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, they are allowed to open. Dropping off pooch must be seen as essential travel.

It IS essential, I wish the owner of this one would bloody use them. They've obviously had to make some change to their life due to the lockdown that's resulted in them leaving the dog at home cos this is a new thing and the dog shuts up around tea time. Its one of those high pitched yappy ones.  Grr.

24 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Someone in a serious condition in Nobles with Covid apparently. Let's hope they are the exception !

The last one in hospital was a returning patient transfer and possibly the same this time but all will be revealed at 4 !

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

The last one in hospital was a returning patient transfer and possibly the same this time but all will be revealed at 4 !

I wonder if it's the trigger for a change in border status.

5 hours ago, asitis said:

Are all the key workers isolating for 14days or do they just go to work ? and keep away from people here ?

Perhaps, in the case of holiday cottages being used for accommodation, the owners should be made responsible for ensuring that key workers accommodated in their cottages actually adhere to the applicable covid restrictions - given that it is these same owners who receive payment from the IOM Gov for this accommodation?

Edited by dreamon