Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Filippo

IOM Covid removing restrictions

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mr Newbie said:

Maybe people should read what they are trialing? That is people coming from the UK, taking a Covid test, isolating for 7 days, then being allowed to stop isolating if the test is negative. How is a ventilator in any way reliant to that situation at all? 

Yes , why not skirt around the video of the dying patient. 
You ask about the ventilator being “reliant”, maybe you meant relevant. It is what happens to many folk who contract Covid-19, usually from some prick who can’t see the danger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yes , why not skirt around the video of the dying patient. 
You ask about the ventilator being “reliant”, maybe you meant relevant. It is what happens to many folk who contract Covid-19, usually from some prick who can’t see the danger. 

You sound proper bonkers IMHO. Have you actually read what they are trialing instead of absolutely plopping your pants about it? They are allowing people in and testing them. Then isolating them. Then letting them free after 7 days if they are negative. You tell me how someone ends up on a ventilator In that situation? You sound hysterical to be honest. Just look at the facts and the risks. As the CM said we can’t stay in Brigadoon forever. They seem to be leading the way in trailing new methods and we should be monitoring their success/issues. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty said:

Yes , why not skirt around the video of the dying patient. 
You ask about the ventilator being “reliant”, maybe you meant relevant. It is what happens to many folk who contract Covid-19, usually from some prick who can’t see the danger. 

I think you're being a bit over dramatic here.

That's a bit like saying go and check out the people who've committed suicide due to lockdown and all the implications it brought them.

The bottom line is this - the world (not just the IOM) is going to have to find a way to function with the expectation that Covid 19 isn't going away.

Testing quickly, in volume etc and getting results to people is the short term way forward along with a bit of common sense where people have perhaps been travelling.

People will die in the future from Covid 19.  We are going to need to accept that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

You sound proper crazy IMHO. Have you actually read what they are trialing instead of absolutely plopping you’re pants about it? They are allowing people in and testing them. Then isolating them. Then letting them free after 7 days if they are negative.  You tell me how someone ends up in a ventilator In that situation? You sound hysterical to be honest. Just look at the facts. 

The people taking the risk now by traveling are more than likely safe enough and strong enough to survive a dose. But the people they transfer it to may not be so strong. That is the issue. Take a look at a video, it may enlighten you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scotty said:

The people taking the risk now by traveling are more than likely safe enough and strong enough to survive a dose. But the people they transfer it to may not be so strong. That is the issue. Take a look at a video, it may enlighten you.

Just give it a rest I have no interest in even listening to your paranoia. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The bottom line is this - the world (not just the IOM) is going to have to find a way to function with the expectation that Covid 19 isn't going away.

If everywhere acted like New Zealand and the IOM it could quickly be controlled.

And immediate local lockdowns when any new cases are reported.

This is also the best bet for the global economy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I think you're being a bit over dramatic here.

That's a bit like saying go and check out the people who've committed suicide due to lockdown and all the implications it brought them.

The bottom line is this - the world (not just the IOM) is going to have to find a way to function with the expectation that Covid 19 isn't going away.

Testing quickly, in volume etc and getting results to people is the short term way forward along with a bit of common sense where people have perhaps been travelling.

People will die in the future from Covid 19.  We are going to need to accept that.

Sad thing is and will always be remembered, that a few very decent people in the Isle of Man died because of this virus and they were totally not to blame for their very sad deaths.  How would you explain that to their families. Would  you say, well it is only a trial. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Just give it a rest I have no interest in even listening to your paranoia. 

Then don’t reply. Simples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The people taking the risk now by traveling are more than likely safe enough and strong enough to survive a dose. But the people they transfer it to may not be so strong. That is the issue. Take a look at a video, it may enlighten you.

Yes, but you cannot expect the world to function around the minority can you?

If you feel personally at risk because of your age then conduct your movements accordingly.

At this stage the borders being close another month is probably palatable.  Others like Guernsey are doing some interesting test scenarios so let's see how it goes?

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pongo said:

If everywhere acted like New Zealand and the IOM it could quickly be controlled.

And immediate local lockdowns when any new cases are reported.

This is also the best bet for the global economy.

I agree.  Isolation areas of lockdown make sense.  But everyone needs to accept there isn't going to be an entirely risk free world especially whilst the like of covid 19 has no vaccine or cure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

If you feel personally at risk because of your age then conduct your movements accordingly.

You'd have to be rather ignorant to believe that it is only the elderly who at serious risk from Covid 19.

It's killing people of all ages, horribly, and for reasons which are not yet understood. Seemingly perfectly healthy people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

At this stage the borders being close another month is probably palatable.  Others like Guernsey are doing some interesting test scenarios so let's see how it goes?

That’s the point. They are doing very valid testing. We should be following it with interest not going absolutely mental about it. It seems they seem to be more focused on finding solutions than us as a hardcore of the population seems to be less insular and more open to movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sad thing is and will always be remembered, that a few very decent people in the Isle of Man died because of this virus and they were totally not to blame for their very sad deaths.  How would you explain that to their families. Would  you say, well it is only a trial. ?

It's tragic that people died of it and it'll be tragic when they tot up the suicides (now and future) and people who died from diseases that could have been diagnosed and treated earlier without a lock down.

But the reality is life needs to go on for the vast majority.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's tragic that people died of it and it'll be tragic when they tot up the suicides (now and future) and people who died from diseases that could have been diagnosed and treated earlier without a lock down.

But the reality is life needs to go on for the vast majority.

Yes, but it isn’t just a switch you can throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pongo said:

You'd have to be rather ignorant to believe that it is only the elderly who at serious risk from Covid 19.

It's killing people of all ages, horribly, and for reasons which are not yet understood. Seemingly perfectly healthy people.

I'm conscious all age ranges have died.  But statistically (a) only a very small percentage of people have died (d) of those that died the hulk were old and (c) many were known to have existing potential issues.

There will of course be outliers in there.  But thats the same with many diseases? Perfectly healthy people die unexpected?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...