IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/make-guidance-clear-urges-mhk/

If Mr Hooper is finding it difficult to follow.

He could always ask someone in home affairs to explain.

He really underestimates the general community.

No he's perfectly correct.  The whole point about the guidance and what the law says is that everyone should be able to understand - not just people with degrees in law or who can ask a mate at the DHA.  The purpose of all this is to make sure people behave in such a way as to stop the spread of the virus - not to give the police the chance to arrest whoever they feel like because they have breached some obscure regulation no one can understand.

So even in a case where you, me and Lawrie Hooper all know what the rules are, you also have to make sure that the information is put in as simple and clear a way as possible.  So that people who aren't very bright and don't pay much attention and don't know their way round the government website still know what they should and shouldn't do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you need a degree in law to understand, I don't think they could have made it any clearer.

I profess not to be that intelligent .

So to be honest, if I understand it 90% of the community should.

I think they have had to do it this way, so the new member and the minister could understand.

Edited by Holte End

4 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I don't think you need a degree in law to understand, I don't think they could have made it any clearer.

I profess not to be that intelligent .

So to be honest, if I understand it 90% of the community should.

I think they have had to do it this way, so the new member and the minister could understand.

Hopper is right the police are just making it up. There needs to be very clear guidance. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rob Taylor said:

Dennis i presume. He was a disgruntled ex cop who likes to blow things up. He hates Keanu Reeves .

Clearly I meant Hooper but it seems that some participants on this forum can pick just about any reason to create some sort of argument. It was fairly clear to anyone of normal intellect. 

You can rubbish Hooper, Hopper or anyone else for that matter but when you start moaning about participants of this fine forum you cross a line buster. If its that shit, why not set your own up and then you can ensure that only people of your obvious high intellect can get in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You can rubbish Hooper, Hopper or anyone else for that matter but when you start moaning about participants of this fine forum you cross a line buster. If its that shit, why not set your own up and then you can ensure that only people of your obvious high intellect can get in. 

Hooper is an intelligent man. The participants of this forum seem to have a lot of problems. Not least how would they have protected the population from Covid-19 and how?  It seems lots of uninformed “advice” has been issued here but no “facts” have been published here at all. 

Just now, Grayson said:

Hooper is an intelligent man. The participants of this forum seem to have a lot of problems. Not least how would they have protected the population from Covid-19 and how?  It seems lots of uninformed “advice” has been issued here but no “facts” have been published here at all. 

Here's a fact.

Like everyone else you're entitled to your opinion.

But surprise surprise not everyone agrees with you.

Those pesky "facts" eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grayson said:

You’re a dick 

And you think "we" have problems? Looks like I hit a nerve. Excellent!

I'm not disputing you're entitled to your opinions.

You just need to to be aware, if you can be, that your opinions are not necessarily facts.

Happy to help!

10 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

No he's perfectly correct.  The whole point about the guidance and what the law says is that everyone should be able to understand - not just people with degrees in law or who can ask a mate at the DHA.  The purpose of all this is to make sure people behave in such a way as to stop the spread of the virus - not to give the police the chance to arrest whoever they feel like because they have breached some obscure regulation no one can understand.

So even in a case where you, me and Lawrie Hooper all know what the rules are, you also have to make sure that the information is put in as simple and clear a way as possible.  So that people who aren't very bright and don't pay much attention and don't know their way round the government website still know what they should and shouldn't do.

But the police arent just arresting people. They are giving out warnings to people then if those same people ignore it they are arrested or given a fixed penalty.

The law is fairly simply dont be mixing with people from outside your household.

Dont go to other peoples houses or let other people into your house. 

• Like 3

He’s right. It’s the subtleties of the language that’s making things difficult.

There was a lady in the Mannin line yesterday who gave some excellent examples to HQ of the selection of phrases and differing descriptive words used last week to inform the general public and suggested that in order to give a clear message to everyone that the descriptors were agreed in advance before going public. It’s basic common sense when dealing with disseminating information. HQ was left with no other option but to agree with her and said they would make more of an effort next time to do it better.

When giving out important instructions to anyone it needs to be short, clear, simple to understand, and comprehensive. 

It shouldn’t need the CC or anyone else to translate it afterwards so it can be made clearer. It should be 100% clear from the start. 

• Thanks 1

I have not seen one example where the general public don't understand the the message being given out.

It is quite clear the general public are taking notice of Government guidelines and the laws.

You will always get a few chancers.

The forty mph speed limit is clearly being followed, like all of the other guidelines and Laws.

Tommy Cooper wants to stop playing  in the vrtual world of Tynwald, he needs to look out his window into the real world.

"Just like that".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I have not seen one example where the general public don't understand the the message being given out.

It is quite clear the general public are taking notice of Government guidelines and the laws.

I'd say most are doing ok,but I see lots of wrong doings by the usual brain deads,but don't see the police about.