IOM Covid removing restrictions

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Do you think there needs to be an easing?

If still no community transmission just go back to how we were in December but with the new rules for travellers that came in on 23rd?

Why wouldn't we?

And learn from this and next time lockdown more quickly but for a shorter time

Let's hope government show some courage this time. I agree there is no need to drag on a long gradual easing. No baby steps this time I hope. 

I'll wager we don't get it though.

• Like 1
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Let's hope government show some courage this time. I agree there is no need to drag on a long gradual easing. No baby steps this time I hope. 

I'll wager we don't get it though.

They need to given the monetary and mental health costs if this. When Guernsey had their community cases and Howie shut airbridge they didn’t lockdown, Jersey have lots more cases and schools open with non essential shops opening Monday.

We have a plan saying lockdown if 25 community cases and then panic as soon as we get 10/15 and completely lockdown instead. Absolute shambles.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Banker said:

They need to given the monetary and mental health costs if this. When Guernsey had their community cases and Howie shut airbridge they didn’t lockdown, Jersey have lots more cases and schools open with non essential shops opening Monday.

We have a plan saying lockdown if 25 community cases and then panic as soon as we get 10/15 and completely lockdown instead. Absolute shambles.

That's right. I can understand why there was panic as it seemed like it was going to run out of control. I understand that, however it didn't and now clearly hasn't. Therefore back to business as usual straight away.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Silly boy. Are you getting mixed up with waiting times in A&E with people with soar toes and broken finger nails ?

it was a sarcastic one liner joke in my head

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Here's an article that I think is worth a read

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4907

Except China don’t have it under control so the BMJ is a lot of old tosh I’m afraid:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/19/lockdowns-after-chinas-new-covid-19-outbreak-impact-steel-iron-ore.html

As I’ve stated regularly on here since the spring of 2020, the world must learn to live with it, that’s it frankly.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Except China don’t have it under control so the BMJ is a lot of old tosh I’m afraid:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/19/lockdowns-after-chinas-new-covid-19-outbreak-impact-steel-iron-ore.html

As I’ve stated regularly on here since the spring of 2020, the world must learn to live with it, that’s it frankly.

If you read all that and absorbed it intently in 8 minutes then I'm a Chinaman...

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

There is talk of furlough being extended past April, quite simply a lot of people on furlough in the UK don't have jobs to go back to. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, quilp said:

If you read all that and absorbed it intently in 8 minutes then I'm a Chinaman...

I didn’t need to.

I’m acutely aware of the issues on the ground in China atm. My business has ties.

They haven’t got it under control at all as suggested in the BMJ article but you crack on sunshine.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m going to say it one more time.

Vaccjnate the elderly, care staff & extremity vulnerable then allow the rest of us to crack on.

The risk to those below pension age is incredibly small.

The country has been literally scared to death. I’m not dismissive of the virus, I believe it’s a nasty little bugger for a lot of people BUT not the majority who’s futures & livelihoods have been gradually strangled & destroyed.

Yes ... I’m a lone voice in an ocean of bed wetting. I might even die of this thing, who knows ... but it’s what I truly believe.

What about the athletes? Arguably very fit people showing heart inflammation on the back of COVID19?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2772399

It's a nasty virus, and the post-viral syndrome can really screw you up. Plenty of people who are wiped out for months after it.

Realistically, once you've got the over 60s, and vulnerable vaccinated, the pressure is off. But I don't think that'll be the end of masks and social distancing if the virus is still in circulation.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It's a discussion piece from a month ago. An opinion rather than a news article. If you read the responses you'll see the Isle of Man get a mention too, which is no longer true either. But because it says something about a situation that has now changed you can just dismiss it out of hand, cos that's how things are these days yeah?

You've never been able to describe, or even show someone else describing, how exactly your protect the vulnerable and get on with it mantra would actually work in practice. It's nice in theory I grant you, but the practicalities are just completely unrealistic. Unless, all these months later you can actually show otherwise...

We do need to find a way to live here, I'm properly annoyed about this lockdown which I believe was a panicked overreaction, but your concept cannot to my knowledge be backed up with any meaningful proof.

• Like 1