Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2287

  • TheTeapot

    1329

  • Gladys

    1178

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If the south african variant gets here, which is entirely possible given our population, would we not be better knowing this a week before what we actually will by waiting for liverpool? 

No, because the advice to the public and the route forward for the medics is exactly the same.

What would you propose would change?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

No, because the advice to the public and the route forward for the medics is exactly the same.

What would you propose would change?

I've already said, i don't know. I just think this is going to be the year of the mutation, from a media perspective and possibly reality as well. As more and more get vaccinated and lockdown measures eased, then a strain which the vaccine doesn't work against becomes the greater threat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Completely agree. You only have to look at the news today of the I think 150 people at a wedding in the UK to see that it fundamentally is down to how the public behave. 

It was worse than that . 400 guests at a Jewish wedding held at a school where the head had died last year from Covid . They just dont get it for whatever reason 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tricky said:

People will speculate/talk shite regardless of whether information is released or not. If Gov put info in the public domain, the die hard naysayers on here, Facebook etc will whinge... why are they putting this here, why don't they put it there, they opened to early, I wish they would open sooner ffs... and so on. If Gov withhold info, people will whinge... why don't they tell us what's going on, they fact they won't tell us means they don't know what to do... and so on. The old opinions and assholes analogy applies here... only issue I have is trying to establish which of the two we have more of.

In summary, people will whinge because that's what they would rather do than do as they are told. 

Perhaps it would be better if people whinged with better information?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tricky said:

But that's gone and no amount of whinging is going to change it, so how's about people focus on the future, rather than getting caught up in past issues.

You're right of course, Tricks. I think we should all pretend it didn't happen, move on, draw a line, learn some lessons etcetera. Except that that issue may well have a significant relevance on all our lives, during this here pandemic thing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps it would be better if people whinged with better information?

Unlikely, simply because it is human nature to take good information, take it three times round the block, then regurgitate it out of their arse as a load of shite. Therefore, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the information that is put out there - people will hear what they want to hear, think what they want to think, and say what they want to say, and none of it will make a blind bit of difference to the outcomes. The thing that will make a difference to the outcomes is to follow instructions, and take responsibility for our own welfare.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They're still setting it up. A year into the pandemic.

I thought that was the case.  There ought to be some serious questions asked about that.

So who is to report on our response in April?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tricky said:

Unlikely, simply because it is human nature to take good information, take it three times round the block, then regurgitate it out of their arse as a load of shite. Therefore, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the information that is put out there - people will hear what they want to hear, think what they want to think, and say what they want to say, and none of it will make a blind bit of difference to the outcomes. The thing that will make a difference to the outcomes is to follow instructions, and take responsibility for our own welfare.

At least give us the benefit of the doubt. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tricky said:

I agree.

And so you do not agree with the second part of my paragraph

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

You're right of course, Tricks. I think we should all pretend it didn't happen, move on, draw a line, learn some lessons etcetera. Except that that issue may well have a significant relevance on all our lives, during this here pandemic thing.

You would have been better stating that.

Not being funny, but looking at your posts this evening, could I suggest you have hit the bottle (nought wrong with that, we're allowed in lockdown, but just saying)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...