• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It was worse than that . 400 guests at a Jewish wedding held at a school where the head had died last year from Covid . They just dont get it for whatever reason 

Whatever I leaders do, when they are considering their strategy, they must always picture the lowest common denominator of the people of the UK. It's not even the LCD is it. More like average. 

Jetski man and all that type of shite.

Look towards the worse case scenario.

There is a pandemic going on. Our leaders need to first protect the people of the Isle of Man. Obvious? Nah, it's not is it.

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

And so you do not agree with the second part of my paragraph

You would have been better stating that.

Not being funny, but looking at your posts this evening, could I suggest you have hit the bottle (nought wrong with that, we're allowed in lockdown, but just saying)

I wouldn't say I agree or disagree with the second part. I think, in a practical  sense, it is irrelevant. Of course it could affect us all in the future, but as I have stated, inane whining won't change it, acting upon instructions will. There are experts in this field  working to ensure our welfare - the results of that work will be down to the publics compliance with it, or failure to do so. Everything else is just white noise, pointless white noise.

Tee total btw.

Edited by Tricky
2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I think they need to ramp up the rhetoric though don’t you.

You know, just to really scare people.

This whole 'it's all project fear' thing really pays off every time it's applied.

Look how well Brexit has gone, yet it's all the fault of the remoaners and their project fear. Allegedly.

I think you're conflating conspiracy and the results of incompetence.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It was worse than that . 400 guests at a Jewish wedding held at a school where the head had died last year from Covid . They just dont get it for whatever reason 

The reason being on religious grounds. The fake news spreading the theory that the vaccine has some dodgy ingredients like pork gelatine, or placenta, or whatever. It's just not kosher, apparently. Same with muslims, the vaccine has been seen as  haram but sensibly mosques have been opened with imams on hand to reassure it's halal and help with the vaccination roll-out. Israel has a big problem with ultra-orthodox Jews resisting the program and stupidly, up to now the authorities haven't exactly clamped down on this ridiculous non-compliance. 

1 minute ago, quilp said:

The reason being on religious grounds. The fake news spreading the theory that the vaccine has some dodgy ingredients like pork gelatine, or placenta, or whatever. It's just not kosher, apparently. Same with muslims, the vaccine has been seen as  haram but sensibly mosques have been opened with imams on hand to reassure it's halal and help with the vaccination roll-out. Israel has a big problem with ultra-orthodox Jews resisting the program and stupidly, up to now the authorities haven't exactly clamped down on this ridiculous non-compliance. 

Er....it wasn't Israel, it was Stamford Hill, Greater London. The local Rabbi has condemned it; it was his predecessor who died of Covid last Spring. I've posted it earlier in the Covid thread in the International section btw.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tricky said:

1159 pages of giving the benefit of the doubt has changed diddly squat...

No, much of the past 1159 has been to do openness, clarity and accountability.  None of which have been particularly apparent. 

• Like 4
Just now, Non-Believer said:

Er....it wasn't Israel, it was Stamford Hill, Greater London. The local Rabbi has condemned it; it was his predecessor who died of Covid last Spring. I've posted it earlier in the Covid thread in the International section btw.

Er, yes NB, I know. I included the Israeli story because that country has an even bigger problem than Stamford Hill. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, much of the past 1159 has been to do openness, clarity and accountability.  None of which have been particularly apparent. 

I don't see why any of that is needed in all honesty. I don't need gov to be open with me, and i'm not going to beat them up for providing me with one of the safest places in the world to live over the past 12 months. Clarity - okay yes, I want that, and i got it... 'stay home, wash hands, wear face coverings, socially distance if you must go out' - all quite clear if you ask me. It's 1159 pages of speculation (and much more elsewhere) which has muddied the waters, not the government.

Yes, there have been mistakes along the way, but anyone that thinks anywhere was going to get through this pandemic without making mistakes, is frankly, an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I don't see why any of that is needed in all honesty. I don't need gov to be open with me, and i'm not going to beat them up for providing me with one of the safest places in the world to live over the past 12 months. Clarity - okay yes, I want that, and i got it... 'stay home, wash hands, wear face coverings, socially distance if you must go out' - all quite clear if you ask me. It's 1159 pages of speculation (and much more elsewhere) which has muddied the waters, not the government.

Yes, there have been mistakes along the way, but anyone that thinks anywhere was going to get through this pandemic without making mistakes, is frankly, an idiot.

Mistakes are to be expected, but they must be open about them.  When there is a lack of trust mistakes take on a sinister hue.  A mistake about flumes is one thing, but mistakes directly impacting health and livelihoods are quite another, particularly as success is so very dependent on compliance. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Mistakes are to be expected, but they must be open about them.  When there is a lack of trust mistakes take on a sinister hue.  A mistake about flumes is one thing, but mistakes directly impacting health and livelihoods are quite another, particularly as success is so very dependent on compliance. 

No, they don't need to be open at all, as it doesn't make a difference. What has happened, has happened.