Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Filippo

IOM Covid removing restrictions

Recommended Posts

Is there any web based statistical analysis of the breakdown in deaths for the UK?

By that, I mean age groups, ethnicity, previous underlying health conditions?

Though terribly sad, it would be interesting to be furnished with such information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Is there any web based statistical analysis of the breakdown in deaths for the UK?

By that, I mean age groups, ethnicity, previous underlying health conditions?

Though terribly sad, it would be interesting to be furnished with such information.

The ONS is the place to look, tons of info    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Doesnt look like the quarantine/isolation period will be getting removed anytime soon

Good.

Although frankly they are opening up too much as it is. People living at the same address should be required to stay at home too.

1 hour ago, winnie said:

Come on, get that border open !!

Almost nobody agrees with you. Not business and not the public.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Just read this on facebook.

 

Doesnt look like the quarantine/isolation period will be getting removed anytime soon

 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3625541287460637&id=300118256669640

End 2 End Mountain Bike race cancelled yesterday as well. Just as I was about to make my comeback, gah!

Although the reasoning on the post is a load of bullshit. I wish they would just tell us the truth that they can't afford to run it without the UK riders.
 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

End 2 End Mountain Bike race cancelled yesterday as well. Just as I was about to make my comeback, gah!

Although the reasoning on the post is a load of bullshit. I wish they would just tell us the truth that they can't afford to run it without the UK riders.
 

 

Well there are no concerns on island about the pandemic so they could have gone ahead.  Clearly it's not worth it so they should just say so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK have decided to make masks mandatory in shops etc from next Tuesday. Enforced by fines. So that'll be fun for those determined to travel. Seriously some people have no idea how fortunate we are to be here.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Is there a legal definition for what qualifies as a mask?

Manx Gas and Manx Telecom are two legal entities for starters...maybe ask them?

image.jpeg.d6dff56e3ab1593d1a01a4cdbcf7166a.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty concerning and possibly over the top predictions of a winter second wave being bandied about the UK media this morning. I'm still concerned that because of our 'success' both people and the government here are possibly being a bit complacent about things. I hope that behind the scenes there is some serious prep going on. Tynwald still taking the summer off yeah? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some worrying news on a Sky News report yesterday evening too, concerning the fallout from COVID. Italy, one of the first countries to be hit badly by the pandemic is now reporting long term, if not permanent, effects to surviving victims including organ damage to kidneys and livers as well as the lungs and also spinal complications.

It's also  being suggested that those who develop immunity to COVID19 can lose that immunity in only 3 months, leaving them open to re-infection almost straight away.

This virus is a long way from being understood or dealt with yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty concerning and possibly over the top predictions of a winter second wave being bandied about the UK media this morning. I'm still concerned that because of our 'success' both people and the government here are possibly being a bit complacent about things. I hope that behind the scenes there is some serious prep going on. Tynwald still taking the summer off yeah? 

What makes you think there is complacency here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because we're virus free and people want the borders open. All over the world cases are shooting up and places which seemed to have it under control are putting restrictions back. I guess its a kind of fatigue really, no virus here so ignore what is going on elsewhere, things must be alright. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Some worrying news on a Sky News report yesterday evening too, concerning the fallout from COVID. Italy, one of the first countries to be hit badly by the pandemic is now reporting long term, if not permanent, effects to surviving victims including organ damage to kidneys and livers as well as the lungs and also spinal complications.

It's also  being suggested that those who develop immunity to COVID19 can lose that immunity in only 3 months, leaving them open to re-infection almost straight away.

This virus is a long way from being understood or dealt with yet.

Heart problems as well - though the statistician in me would like to see a 'blind' study with equal number of patients who hadn't had Covid-19.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...