Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

If I have not done it yet and am waiting why is it selfish ? Life has to go on and things need to happen. Zoom does not solve everything. And what I need to do I cannot do from here remotely.

As you say life needs to carry on, ignore those who wish to judge. Follow the set isolation rules upon your return and nobody should complain, even if it was any of their business in the first place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1429

  • Gladys

    1335

  • Nom de plume

    1075

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Anyone said:

If I have not done it yet and am waiting why is it selfish ? Life has to go on and things need to happen. Zoom does not solve everything. And what I need to do I cannot do from here remotely.

Sorry happy diner , meant to quote not voice of reason on that . Not you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

As you say life needs to carry on, ignore those who wish to judge. Follow the set isolation rules upon your return and nobody should complain, even if it was any of their business in the first place.

Thank you. Not going anywhere yet as I am waiting for the right time to minimize risk for me and anyone here. Got stuck last year and did 14 days so am sure I can do it again. Don’t want to but the need will eventually have to be dealt with.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Thank you. Not going anywhere yet as I am waiting for the right time to minimize risk for me and anyone here. Got stuck last year and did 14 days so am sure I can do it again. Don’t want to but the need will eventually have to be dealt with.

It's a shame we don't have any hooker's here!

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anyone said:

Well I have to make a trip soon , being putting it off for 6 months now waiting for things to improve, but at some point I will have to. How is that selfish? 

I didnt say it would be for you.  Depends on your circumstances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barlow said:

When the Director of Public Health speaks at the briefings, it just saves having to read the newspapers and various websites. There's rarely any innovation, decision or specialist knowledge.

Testing sewage has been around for yonks, The arterial makeup of sewers means you can pinpoint a virus and other stuff to a household. 

Sorry but my Septic Tank beats your Four Aces.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Gotta hand it to TUI, reckoning they are going to run 80% capacity in the summer on foreign holidays.

Wild optimism for the sake of anxious shareholders?

With the Spanish, Greeks & others pushing for vaccine passports maybe they are expecting movement on this to allow travel. 
this was a from main Spanish paper 

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2021-02-09/spains-government-pinning-hopes-on-a-vaccination-passport-to-help-kick-start-ailing-tourism-sector.html

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banker said:

With the Spanish, Greeks & others pushing for vaccine passports maybe they are expecting movement on this to allow travel. 
this was a from main Spanish paper 

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2021-02-09/spains-government-pinning-hopes-on-a-vaccination-passport-to-help-kick-start-ailing-tourism-sector.html

I wouldn't even contemplate booking foreign travel at the moment ( and I am pretty desperate to get away), not at least until the pissing contest between the UK and and EU has settled down a bit, let alone corona restrictions.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

UK Gov already said they're not considering vaccination passports at all. IOMGov currently looking in to it, but who knows if it'll happen.

I'm intrigued that Jersey is gearing itself up for a summer of tourism by getting all the airlines lined back up again. This year is going to be a huge staycation summer. Lots of airports now having links to Newquay Cornwall Airport and the South Coasts generally in preparation for it. Jersey looks set to benefit from another successful summer. Intrigued to know what the position may be here. My understanding was the plan to be back to any border stage which would even permit this won't be reached until around October.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So yesterday was one new case, total four cases all travel related

Today, one new case, total five cases, four travel related. 

Does that mean the new case is in the community, or is it a cock up? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cambon said:

So yesterday was one new case, total four cases all travel related

Today, one new case, total five cases, four travel related. 

Does that mean the new case is in the community, or is it a cock up? 

Probably both! :whistling:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So yesterday was one new case, total four cases all travel related

Today, one new case, total five cases, four travel related. 

Does that mean the new case is in the community, or is it a cock up? 

It’s already announced it was a traveler already in isolation 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to know the official percentage of travellers / returnees/ medical that test positive against amount travelling. Seems to be a big percentage found to be positive   

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...