Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

 I think the process needs to be looked at, NYE the announcement went out around 11:55pm, now 21/2/20 an announcement goes out at 11:30pm, the information is pretty much a copy and paste job with only the location, date and time changing. I’ll be very surprised if the labs are only sending the results through at say 11pm, why is it taking so long to return results? 

 

I think you need to understand the process. I’m not sure what hours the sampling test station is open. But say it’s a mid afternoon sample, it goes to the lab, gets cooked, processed, and then identified. Takes a while. Then the person from whom the sample came has to be told, then they’ve got to be contacted by track & trace, that takes time. Then cross check and reference. Then tell the venue, if you can, then check authority to issue the public notice. 

The idea is to put out useful information as soon as possible but without causing mass panic or without it being thought of as crying wolf.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

 I think the process needs to be looked at, NYE the announcement went out around 11:55pm, now 21/2/20 an announcement goes out at 11:30pm, the information is pretty much a copy and paste job with only the location, date and time changing. I’ll be very surprised if the labs are only sending the results through at say 11pm, why is it taking so long to return results? 

 

Why would you be " very surprised"?

It's Sunday for a start.  Do you think people are literally hanging around 24 hours a day in the lab waiting for someone to need testing?

Someone clearly phoned up with or developed symptoms that needed a test.  They then have to get that test, have th le test taken to be examined.  The results then have to be reviewed and confirmed.   It then has to go to government, on a Sunday night, to arrange a communication. 

So, if all that kicked off mid to late afternoon yesterday WTF are you expecting?

Were you working last night BTW?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think you need to understand the process. I’m not sure what hours the sampling test station is open. But say it’s a mid afternoon sample, it goes to the lab, gets cooked, processed, and then identified. Takes a while. Then the person from whom the sample came has to be told, then they’ve got to be contacted by track & trace, that takes time. Then cross check and reference. Then tell the venue, if you can, then check authority to issue the public notice. 

The idea is to put out useful information as soon as possible but without causing mass panic or without it being thought of as crying wolf.

I really do not understand how people cannot grasp the above. It's scary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there some model or calculation that can be used to ascertain (not predict I would imagine) what sort of tactics are available to the government, based on:

  1. Number of ITU beds to support more infections / other serious cases / planned admissions post op
  2. People currently who have it needing care / treatment
  3. Amount of vaccine available now and what will become available and when
  4. Rate of progress of vaccinations in the coming weeks
  5. Number of staff to deliver services in and out of hospital. 

Did I miss anything ?

Just been told it's called an algorithm. Strewth.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

First up, best dressed? 

Haven't heard that in a long time, but yes that was the way it was. 

Those were the days.😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But that is the plan surely? Protect Nobles through eradication until all the vulnerable plus quite a few more are vaccinated. And then when the UK opens up, we get to a point when we can start to open up.

 

Exactly. It's only an eradication policy until we reach the point where those at most risk are protected by vaccines.

That point is getting closer every day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Mr Ashford MBE Stated Low risk not an exact science.

So does that mean it is a guess.

If so are they basing the health of a Nation on guesses

Nice one.

No it doesn’t mean it’s a guess.

 It’s a categorisation taking all the relevant factors into account. This involves a degree of objectivity which means it cannot be an exact science.

Low risk does not mean no risk, as has been proved.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No it doesn’t mean it’s a guess.

 It’s a categorisation taking all the relevant factors into account. This involves a degree of objectivity which means it cannot be an exact science.

Low risk does not mean no risk, as has been proved.

 

Disagree there. I interpreted Ashford as saying:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

Which is far simpler.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to waste my time battling against two of the most vocal forum members individually. It’s simply my opinion that I believe the process could be more streamlined, I don’t think the turnaround time is quick enough, I think releasing at 11:30pm actually causes more panic because the time of day certainly suggests urgency, the track and trace system is simply relying on goodwill and I don’t feel we’ve learnt anything since N.Y.D cases at all.

They can’t actually be sure this is the same ‘cluster’ until the genomic results come back, in the meantime it’s relying on contact tracing playing dot to dot, assuming it is actually the same transmission line. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’m not going to waste my time battling against two of the most vocal forum members individually. It’s simply my opinion that I believe the process could be more streamlined, I don’t think the turnaround time is quick enough, I think releasing at 11:30pm actually causes more panic because the time of day certainly suggests urgency, the track and trace system is simply relying on goodwill and I don’t feel we’ve learnt anything since N.Y.D cases at all.

They can’t actually be sure this is the same ‘cluster’ until the genomic results come back, in the meantime it’s relying on contact tracing playing dot to dot, assuming it is actually the same transmission line. 

 

I think part of the problem is there are some utterly selfish fuckers who have zero appreciation for the relentless efforts of some of the people involved in trying to manage the pandemic.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...