IOM Covid removing restrictions

11 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Maybe now is the time for compulsory mask wearing outdoors until the authorities get a handle on this

Isle of Man Government don't believe in masks. They are a bit like these Covid deniers when it comes to masks. A bit like Donald Trump used to be. But even he changed.

All around the world people are wearing masks, especially at press briefings (it puts out the message), but only Isle of Man Gov boys do they do it so reluctantly. Like the tough kids in infant school being made to wear a bobble hat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Banker said:

As long as they can be traced back to the index case then there’s not a problem 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

All linked to original cases so one cluster 

It's interesting you say this, as if it is of any meaning, a good thing even, a reason to downplay it all. What it actually shows, is how quickly things can move, from 1 to 21 in a matter of days. It should serve, as if another was needed, as fair warning.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5
15 minutes ago, Banker said:

No it isn’t!! And why would you wear a mask outdoors walking etc?

I think it's more the case of why wouldn't you. Why does the rest of the world seem to go with the idea but here on the Island some people are dead against it?

• Confused 1
Just now, TheTeapot said:

It's interesting you say this, as if it is of any meaning, a good thing even, a reason to downplay it all. What it actually shows, is how quickly things can move from 1 to 21 in a matter of days. It should serve, as if another was needed, as fair warning.

Well I quoted from press release and it does have meaning & is good news as it’s not spreading from unknown sources 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Banker said:

As long as they can be traced back to the index case then there’s not a problem 

.....but the index case was a problem, was it not?

How many has he spread it to now?

Add the length of time to get the tracking info out to us!

Luck:Control ratio................

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

image.png.f5b97b1d7a8cb6edc07d6152b0dab4eb.png

That's looking to me like it's building to a Wednesday circuit breaker. Damage was likely done in the days before these people were told to isolate.

They should have gone for a Fri to Mon lockdown (at least shutting venues, surge tested and shut the pubs).

Pubs were packed Fri night and Sunday.

Instead of losing 4 weeks business...nip things in the bud over 4 days.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 8
28 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Why does the rest of the world seem to go

....and if the rest of the world was killing all first-born sons; that would be OK, you'd go along with it and expect the rest of us to do so as well.  For goodness sake, use what remaining freedom of thought and action you have and make your own decision.  If you want to spend the rest of your days hiding under a face-nappy, then feel free - but don't come and question or condemn those who don't share your timidity.  Why would any sane person outdoors in fresh (and usually gale-force) air even contemplate that there was any risk?  The Great Brainwash is almost achieved.

Edited by Utah 01
Exasperation
  • Like 7
8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's looking to me like it's building to a Wednesday circuit breaker. Damage was likely done in the days before these people were told to isolate.

They should have gone for a Fri to Mon lockdown (at least shutting venues, surge tested and shut the pubs).

Pubs were packed Fri night and Sunday.

Instead of losing 4 weeks business...nip things in the bud over 4 days.

I was actually optimistic that we'd gotten lucky over the weekend.

I'm not even pessimistic now, just, genuinely unsure. It could go either way, but there's a reasonable chance it's out there.

June 21st then.

UK fully open, no restrictions. Great to see some clarity at last from BJ.

Will we still be hiding behind the sofas?

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

June 21st then.

UK fully open, no restrictions.

Judging by some of comments on here & Facebook yes and in face masks!!

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

June 21st then.

UK fully open, no restrictions.

Won't happen. That is best case scenario. Maybe by end September. But saying June give people some hope. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

June 21st then.

I will still be if Strictly Come Dancing, The Voice, or any of those other talentless shit shows are still on.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

means I can tell anyone looking at me weird for wearing my snood to piss off.

You're just afraid PM will recognise you!!!