IOM Covid removing restrictions

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

June 21st then.

UK fully open, no restrictions. Great to see some clarity at last from BJ.

Dependant upon the success of the defined steps leading up to that date.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Won't happen. That is best case scenario. Maybe by end September. But saying June give people some hope. 

You talk some bollocks , fairly certain it will happen any delay will be minimal, can’t afford any more lockdown 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Banker said:

You talk some bollocks , fairly certain it will happen any delay will be minimal, can’t afford any more lockdown 

I did not say they will be fully locked down until September. They will ease restrictions but there is no chance they will be fully open with no restrictions in three months.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Banker said:

You talk some bollocks ,

Says Banker.

I reckon the UK should be fine with that timescale, it's certainly not as ambitious as it could have been. The schools are the big risk, I would have hoped they'd go all out on stressing to the public 'cases are dropping fast, lets really get them down over the next two weeks' to give it the best chaance of working with minimal kickbck.

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I was actually optimistic that we'd gotten lucky over the weekend.

I'm not even pessimistic now, just, genuinely unsure. It could go either way, but there's a reasonable chance it's out there.

If it's out there, we lock down. That works. Why rush it. It's not like we are behind with our vaccination programme at all.....doh!

• Haha 1

Listening to the news there and it talks about all the positives about opening up they then get to schools and still have to have someone negative on saying why opening schools is bad rather than having someone positive on welcoming back the kids.

The media need to have a long hard look at themselves about the way they've acted during this whole thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If it's out there, we lock down. That works. Why rush it. It's not like we are behind with our vaccination programme at all.....doh!

Only 257 vaccinations today, seems to have really slowed down as everyone else speeds up

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This thread seems to have morphed ( mutated) into 

UK removing restrictions

The state of the UK is directly responsible for what happens here.

I really really hope what they're up to works.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only 257 vaccinations today, seems to have really slowed down as everyone else speeds up

Only 25 are first doses.  There is a a lack of impetus with this roll out.  Get doing the UK delayed 2nd doses. Really poor.

4 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

From the first outbreak? Almost impossible as it would've been picked up at some point, it spreads well.

From the January outbreak? Plausible, but, even circulating in a young population, you'd expect it to be passed on to someone symptomatically within a fairly short period of time. Though, it's easy to discount things as hayfever or just feeling under the weather.

Yeah I was thinking January outbreak, lockdown ended 1st Feb, going off contact tracing the first low risk venue is 12th Feb, so it’s only 12-13 days since restrictions lifted, it would require a chain of at least 2 people to be Asymptomatic, maybe even 3.

14 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Only 25 are first doses.  There is a a lack of impetus with this roll out.  Get doing the UK delayed 2nd doses. Really poor.

Yes falling well behind U.K. & Channel Islands 

48 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ha , couldn't make it up

15 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Only 25 are first doses. 

What? When there are still thousands to go, and we've got cases n the street, in coffee shops, in the leisure industry, on busses (but not in the community)?

Has there been any reason given for this delay? I thought once the highly finished vaccination hubs were completed we were ready to go go go?

They've run out of vaccines haven't they.

I did wonder why I hadn't got my letter yet.