IOM Covid removing restrictions

24 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The state of the UK is directly responsible for what happens here.

I really really hope what they're up to works.

there is a first time for everything.

• Replies 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What? When there are still thousands to go, and we've got cases n the street, in coffee shops, in the leisure industry, on busses (but not in the community)?

Has there been any reason given for this delay? I thought once the highly finished vaccination hubs were completed we were ready to go go go?

They've run out of vaccines haven't they.

I did wonder why I hadn't got my letter yet.

It’s this strange fetish to ensure they have enough second doses on standby  for all those who’ve had their first dose.

Theres 10,000 plus doses in the fridge sat waiting. Total mess. They can be delivering 1000 a day. They’ve done less than that over the last 3 days. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What? When there are still thousands to go, and we've got cases n the street, in coffee shops, in the leisure industry, on busses (but not in the community)?

Has there been any reason given for this delay? I thought once the highly finished vaccination hubs were completed we were ready to go go go?

Forgot to take the pfifezer out of the freezer! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s this strange fetish to ensure they have enough second doses on standby  for all those who’ve had their first dose.

Theres 10,000 plus doses in the fridge.

And how many are ready for their second doses I wonder? Surely all that has to happen is a subtraction sum. Yes, I'm that naive.

I'm guessing the 10k plus with be supplemented with new arrivals?

I wonder what it would be like, to live in a country, where the government know exactly what they are doing and demonstrate it clearly to the public so they don't have to keep second guessing about just about everything.  Does such a country exist? I'm moving there if it does.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And how many are ready for their second doses I wonder?

You don't need to wonder, they publish that information.

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/covid-19-vaccination-statistics/

There are 10215 doses in hand for second shots, out of the 11901 they've got. It doesn't tell you which brand they are though (although they have a breakdown of brand administered). I suspect that under pressure and increasing evidence they will prolong the Ox one after this week, but the Pfizer one should stick to the guidelines cos the evidence from Israel is clear. 

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Theres 10,000 plus doses in the fridge sat waiting. Total mess. They can be delivering 1000 a day. They’ve done less than that over the last 3 days. 

Stupid govt logistical thinking...it's the same stuff!!!

21 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I received a letter this morning inviting me to make a phone call. I dialled, but the number just rang unanswered for several minutes so I hung up. I tried again later, with the same result. The third time, the phone was answered - with a machine playing never-ending crap music. Maybe one or more attempts.

Eventually I got a response saying I was "tenth in the queue". So I hung around, thinking this was bound to be successful. When I got to be first in the queue a human being asked why I called, I quoted the letter, he said "I will transfer you to the vaccination team" - I got the ringing tone, and this time I let the phone ring until it timed out.

Next attempt I started only third in the queue - and got an appointment for the vaccination.

I live in Ramsey and the appointment is at the airport, but at least I will get a chance to appreciate the artistic merits of the skirting boards.

They have had a year to prepare for this. Getting appointments in the 21st Century should be an automated process using these modern computer things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

If you check the dashboard, they pick up the pace with First Doses from this Thursday through to Sunday, which suggests a delivery is assured between now, and then. But for every one they deliver, another goes in the cupboard.

I don’t think they figured out, at the beginning, that this policy of rigidly storing the vaccines in anticipation of the second doses was flawed by simple maths. The more first doses you give, the more you have to stockpile for second doses. 

Thats why the cupboard of second doses is getting bigger and the number of first doses is getting smaller. 

They need someone like @wrighty who is very good at sums, to figure out how to unscramble this!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I received a letter this morning inviting me to make a phone call. I dialled, but the number just rang unanswered for several minutes so I hung up. I tried again later, with the same result. The third time, the phone was answered - with a machine playing never-ending crap music. Maybe one or more attempts.

Eventually I got a response saying I was "tenth in the queue". So I hung around, thinking this was bound to be successful. When I got to be first in the queue a human being asked why I called, I quoted the letter, he said "I will transfer you to the vaccination team" - I got the ringing tone, and this time I let the phone ring until it timed out.

Next attempt I started only third in the queue - and got an appointment for the vaccination.

I live in Ramsey and the appointment is at the airport, but at least I will get a chance to appreciate the artistic merits of the skirting boards.

They have had a year to prepare for this. Getting appointments in the 21st Century should be an automated process using these modern computer things.

Several relatives have had similar experience which is not great if you’re elderly and easily confused ,one was promised call back as vaccinations line kept ringing out but it never happened 

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hi John. You have finally come round to my way of thinking. I made this point weeks ago. :D

In your defence, we did agree that it was irrelevant if they caught up which was a possibility. They haven't.

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

But for every one they deliver, another goes in the cupboard.

This is a method that might be used if they believe the vaccine supply may reduce or even cease.

But in that case, they should consider whether it is better to give more people a single injection or to give fewer people  both injections.

I think that, as with the vaccination hub "follies", this is just muddled thinking.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

This is a method that might be used if they believe the vaccine supply may reduce or even cease.

But in that case, they should consider whether it is better to give more people a single injection or to give fewer people  both injections.

I think that, as with the vaccination hub "follies", this is just muddled thinking.

They need to get as many first vaccinated as possible in the immediate term. The second jabs can look after themselves as all you need to do is reduce the rate of first jabs as the stocks of second jabs reduce. It's a simple bit of project programming that government don't seem to understand. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Only 257 vaccinations today, seems to have really slowed down as everyone else speeds up

Which is natural given they don't get much notice on vaccination supply dates.  They don't have enough in stock to take the chance of burning through the doses  earmarked for second doses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Argh. Just argh. 

When I had my lung infection at the end of the year my Doc suggested  got a test. I rang and it rang for hours constantly being told to was third in the queue before it rang out. I repeated the process until the credit in my phone ran out. This was over two days and it cost me £20. In the end I stayed home, went to bed for three weeks and joined Twitter. (But that’s a whole different story). 

• Like 1