IOM Covid removing restrictions

Following on...I got my letter today, phoned 111, eventually got through, pressed 2 as requested, after a long while was answered to be told I had used the wrong extension.?? (I'd used 2 as requested).....the girl put me through to 1 !!...The guy on 1 said, 'oh yes I'm doing both'. Dunno what on Earth that meant.

Fortunately, all ended well and I've got first and second appointments at Chester St.

Weird, or what ??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Following on...I got my letter today, phoned 111, eventually got through, pressed 2 as requested, after a long while was answered to be told I had used the wrong extension.?? (I'd used 2 as requested).....the girl put me through to 1 !!...The guy on 1 said, 'oh yes I'm doing both'. Dunno what on Earth that meant.

Fortunately, all ended well and I've got first and second appointments at Chester St.

Weird, or what ??

Weird but wonderful. I’m chuffed for you. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Argh. Just argh. 

When I had my lung infection at the end of the year my Doc suggested  got a test. I rang and it rang for hours constantly being told to was third in the queue before it rang out. I repeated the process until the credit in my phone ran out. This was over two days and it cost me £20. In the end I stayed home, went to bed for three weeks and joined Twitter. (But that’s a whole different story). 

Could you not have used your landline phone? It’s cheaper and you don’t run out of credit 

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Could you not have used your landline phone? It’s cheaper and you don’t run out of credit 

Personally speaking, I'm shocked that it's not a free-phone number.

111 can't be a chargeable number, surely? I've never had to ring it so I have no experience. But....really? It costs money?! :o

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I think we've found a point of agreement. Calls to 111 should be free. Like 999 free. 

There should also be an alternative 6 digit number with a dialing code.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

It seems to have meant that on a day when you would expect 111 to be deluged with calls worried about having contracted the virus and wanting to book tests they made the decision to combine the service with vaccine booking.  It's the sort of everyday incompetence that we seem to have given up even noticing.  I'm pleased but amazed you got through (I'm amazed anyone did).

And like Rachel I'm just shocked that 111 isn't free on-Island.  It's free to both mobiles and landlines in the UK and people may well be confused and assume it is here if nothing else.  Many of the poorest people (including the elderly) rely on PAYG mobiles and can't afford to wait for long periods at 50p a minute or whatever.

You would imagine that the telecom companies would be eager to help and gain some brownie points, but I suspect no one even thought to ask them. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I think we've found a point of agreement. Calls to 111 should be free. Like 999 free. 

It wouldn't surprise me to find 999 was a premium rate number here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It seems to have meant that on a day when you would expect 111 to be deluged with calls worried about having contracted the virus and wanting to book tests they made the decision to combine the service with vaccine booking.  It's the sort of everyday incompetence that we seem to have given up even noticing.  I'm pleased but amazed you got through (I'm amazed anyone did).

Alternatively, perhaps the 111 staff have been overworked recently, or someone was off sick (been out for coffee perhaps?), or something else happened such they were unexpectedly a bit short today, so they did the best they could and still managed to keep both aspects (testing and vaccination) of the service functioning despite this.

Not everything is down to incompetence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2