Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe it's just different circumstances.  The people in java might not have been in for very long whereas the dance comp and bus journeys they will be in each others company for a sustained period of time. 

You must work for Government, as you are using the standard basic practice of theoretical Ideology from Government. You are guessing, it is a well educated guess so have a higher statistical probability of being right. But just incase your wrong it is something you can fall back on, instead of a sword.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2303

  • TheTeapot

    1340

  • Gladys

    1181

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe it's just different circumstances.  The people in java might not have been in for very long whereas the dance comp and bus journeys they will be in each others company for a sustained period of time. 

I think part of the calculation comes from activity as well. 

If you’re singing or exercising vigorously, you’ll be emitting much more virus than if you aren’t.  It wouldn’t surprise me if physical activity had a similar effect. 
 

I wonder too if there is also a behavioural aspect. Given that, it was a packed noodle bar at lunchtime, there’s no way of making sure everyone comes forward. But, you don’t want to put everyone off of coming forward with up to 21 days isolation. 

So actually, releasing them on a negative test means you’re liable to get more people coming forward to be tested, and hopefully, by now, most of them should be detectable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, quilp said:

Please explain how you reach the conclusion that the Java situation is conspired. By whom and for what gain? 

The situation isn't conspired.  But look at the comments.

Just on this page - bizarre comments about the staff at Java amd them opening back up.   From you, BTW.

Then you've got insinuations that the Java situation is treated differently from a risk perspective because some government workers were in there.  

Page after page of it.  

You know it's bad when Kopek begins to sound semi normal in comparison.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Holte End said:

You must work for Government, as you are using the standard basic practice of theoretical Ideology from Government. You are guessing, it is a well educated guess so have a higher statistical probability of being right. But just incase your wrong it is something you can fall back on, instead of a sword.

The classic "you must work for government " line to anyone posting common sense or logic rather than huffing and puffing or melting down like someone from the muppet show.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The situation isn't conspired.  But look at the comments.

Just on this page - bizarre comments about the staff at Java amd them opening back up.   From you, BTW.

Then you've got insinuations that the Java situation is treated differently from a risk perspective because some government workers were in there.  

Page after page of it.  

You know it's bad when Kopek begins to sound semi normal in comparison.

 

Bizarre comments? I questioned the difference between Java staff and other people who have had to self-isolate for an extended period after being in close contact with a positive case. Shouldn't this be questioned? Why does it frustrate you so much that people are curious about differences in Covid policy? We've seen incongruity regarding IoMSPC workers, for instance... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So they can open because people returned one negative test having been in contact with 2 known cases and start mixing with people again.

Someone who lived here for the first 25 years of their life can’t come back to visit family even if they haven’t left their home for 6 months and are prepared to isolate for 14 days and do three tests, wear a mask on the boat etc.

OK then.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I use mine all the time. It works fine.

Can’t be far off a situation where less people have them than don’t.  We haven’t had one for about 15 years and I don’t know anyone under 70 who uses one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Bizarre comments? I questioned the difference between Java staff and other people who have had to self-isolate for an extended period after being in close contact with a positive case. Shouldn't this be questioned? Why does it frustrate you so much that people are curious about differences in Covid policy? We've seen incongruity regarding IoMSPC workers, for instance... 

See Anonymouse post about reopening and your reply was "remarkable".

The "frustration " as you put it is around how people seem to have lost all sense of logic and common sense.  

I worry about how some people are going to function in the future.  There's going to be a stark realisation for them that Covid is remaining.  Yet life is going to need to go on.  

I'm actually quite glad the approach this time has been not to panick and lock down again.  I would be quite comfortable have a rolling number of covid cases because in reality that is what the future holds.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

See Anonymouse post about reopening and your reply was "remarkable".

The "frustration " as you put it is around how people seem to have lost all sense of logic and common sense.  

I worry about how some people are going to function in the future.  There's going to be a stark realisation for them that Covid is remaining.  Yet life is going to need to go on.  

I'm actually quite glad the approach this time has been not to panick and lock down again.  I would be quite comfortable have a rolling number of covid cases because in reality that is what the future holds.

COVID will become a relatively normal thing. It was very strange watching an American YouTuber, visiting some people. His first question before entering without a mask was “you’ve all had COVID right?”. 

But, to be able to coexist with it, with minimal impact, you need all the vulnerable and elderly to be vaccinated. 

We’ve got a few months to go on our vaccination program yet. So let’s crack on with local elimination til then. 

It’s not rocket science. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

COVID will become a relatively normal thing. It was very strange watching an American YouTuber, visiting some people. His first question before entering without a mask was “you’ve all had COVID right?”. 

But, to be able to coexist with it, with minimal impact, you need all the vulnerable and elderly to be vaccinated. 

We’ve got a few months to go on our vaccination program yet. So let’s crack on with local elimination til then. 

It’s not rocket science. 

It isn't rocket science.   But in the current environment local elimination all the time has become more difficult.   

So we need to stop panicking when it doesn't happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we expect a road map with dates at some point this week?

With the usual caveats of course - U.K. case numbers, hospital admissions, new variants, vaccination numbers etc

You know, some firm dates to get things reopened border wise should everything be going in the right direction.

That way families can at least have some hope.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

It isn't rocket science.   But in the current environment local elimination all the time has become more difficult.   

So we need to stop panicking when it doesn't happen.

In 8 months of local elimination, we’ve had two outbreaks.

The first, along with on island transmission in Oct/Nov last year was caused by a lack of arrivals testing, we’ve resolved that. 

The second is suspected to have been imported by the SPCo. I imagine surveillance testing of crew will be ramped up, and the crew will be vaccinated, so that risk will be minimal too. More so than it has been already. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can we expect a road map with dates at some point this week?

With the usual caveats of course - U.K. case numbers, hospital admissions, new variants, vaccination numbers etc

You know, some firm dates to get things reopened border wise should everything be going in the right direction.

That way families can at least have some hope.

No.

Manx solutions to Manx problems and all that.  Ie, do nothing, plan nothing, say nothing, promise nothing.

That way nothing can go wrong.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...