Jump to content
Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Like a car salesman. Unfortunately he is still full of bullshit, towing the COMIN line.

He was also, prior to joining the Tynpotwald club, an expert with paperclips, and all round knowledge of the filling cabinet. 
 

Dr Glover as well as having superior medical knowledge and practical experience, also has the distinct experience of being involved as a businesswoman, through running her Business. Sadly the likes of Ashie and others, don’t have this experience, which I would term ‘real life experience’, as well as ‘school of life’. Sadly some politicos have led a somewhat sheltered upbringing, bring little to the table, then think and act like they are a CEO - when in realty they can’t run the Nobles Hospital shop efficiently.

Ashford is guided by the Director of Public Health and the CEO of the Department of Health and social security and would be very unlikely to make decisions that contradict that advice. Unless you made Dr G minister the same would apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2390

  • TheTeapot

    1358

  • Gladys

    1224

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

I see HRH The Chief Minister is demonising the Steam Packet staff yet again, this pitting English based crew against Manx based crew. Very tedious now, another Manx problem needs a Manx solution. Perhaps there should only be a freight only service using the Arrow. No passengers or vehicles. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, quilp said:

So with four more cases discovered, the headmaster, sounding slightly flustered makes an amazing discovery...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/four-new-cases-of-covid-19-since-previous-update/

 

Someone else is sounding "slightly flustered" in that clip. At .16 you can hear someone heaving an almighty sigh. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Like a car salesman. Unfortunately he is still full of bullshit, towing the COMIN line.

He was also, prior to joining the Tynpotwald club, an expert with paperclips, and all round knowledge of the filling cabinet. 
 

Dr Glover as well as having superior medical knowledge and practical experience, also has the distinct experience of being involved as a businesswoman, through running her Business. Sadly the likes of Ashie and others, don’t have this experience, which I would term ‘real life experience’, as well as ‘school of life’. Sadly some politicos have led a somewhat sheltered upbringing, bring little to the table, then think and act like they are a CEO - when in realty they can’t run the Nobles Hospital shop efficiently.

What you say regarding medical knowledge etc is of course very true. I think though that DA does have a political grasp of the facts, he's not daft. That's what politicians are elected for, to have that grasp and relay it in terms that we understand and use it to make decisions. 

For whatever reason, governments do not allow private enterprise to speak for them or make decisions. My personal feeling with Dr Glover is that they didn't like her tweeting or coming on here with confrontational or contentious views, however right she may have been. When you think about it, you can understand why, dissent is destructive.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

so that's 10 in less than 24 hours interesting, I suppose the assumption is that the 4 new results came in too late to be added to yesterdays total.............or are we splitting them up now to make it not seem quite so high, got to save face and all that.

Will the new 4 get added to todays total or will they get forgotten about?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, quilp said:

So with four more cases discovered, the headmaster, sounding slightly flustered makes an amazing discovery...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/four-new-cases-of-covid-19-since-previous-update/

 

There's clearly been another "cluster" 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'm getting less confident now, whilst they are high risk contacts in isolation, there seem to be an awful lot of them.

This is why people who think we can bumble along with a little bit of a pandemic are stupid.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'm getting less confident now, whilst they are high risk contacts in isolation, there seem to be an awful lot of them.

Depends if it is individuals or grouped in a family?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I'm getting less confident now, whilst they are high risk contacts in isolation, there seem to be an awful lot of them.

Very true, and where have they all been? It's inevitable that there will now be a lot more cases over the next few days.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max Power said:

Very true, and where have they all been? It's inevitable that there will now be a lot more cases over the next few days.

In theory, high risk contacts will have been in isolation as soon as they were identified.

Guessing from timescales, it must be their second test that has come up positive, making them likely to have not spread it.

Hopefully?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Depends if it is individuals or grouped in a family?

Exactly , thought he may have been pressed on that . However if is isolation & from same original cluster no need to panic!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is why people who think we can bumble along with a little bit of a pandemic are stupid.

I certainly don't suggest we bumble along but unfortunately there are two choices

1) Accept occasional small outbreaks and try to manage them or

2) Be locked down all the time.

Neither are good.

Which is your preferred?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...