Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

IOM Covid removing restrictions

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You keep saying this, but she needs a sample of the +test to carry out further tests. So as I understand its ;

24 hours for the positive test +

24 hours for the initial results of the genomic test +

12 Hours for the detailed report

Near enough 3 days in my view

Nonsense, test results are same day here usually.

You go in the morning, you'll have a test result by the evening. 

So 36 hours to be safe, assuming 24 hours for the genomics.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Replies 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

Just now, TheTeapot said:

24 hours for a positive test? As your very first point is wrong by a factor of more than 4 (under 6 hour turnaround) we can scrap the rest.

Where are you getting this information?

Lets say you are right

Thats 6|+24+12 = 42 hours. No good!

Just now, Happier diner said:

Lets say you are right

Why is it no good compared to 5 days?

What's the average COVID incubation time? Oh wait, it's 2 to 7 days. So if you know who it has transmitted to within 2 at the most, you've got a pretty good chance of isolating them before they become infectious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lets say you are right

It's better than hearing on a Sunday night that you might have been exposed the previous Tuesday.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Nonsense, test results are same day here usually.

You go in the morning, you'll have a test result by the evening. 

So 36 hours to be safe, assuming 24 hours for the genomics.

And don't forget to add getting the symptoms or being traced and then going to the centre for swabbing. The trail has gobe cold. Genomics for understand the strains/what you are dealing with. Simple testing for tracking and tracing.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Lets say you are right

Its been publicised, plus everyone I know who has had a test has had one in the morning and been told their result by teatime the same day.

Look at the time scales for the contact tracing, told about a school a week later or a cafe.

I do not understand your reluctance to accept the usefulness of this as an additional help.

I think you must be doing it on purpose.

Declare your agenda.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its been publicised, plus everyone I know who has had a test has had one in the morning and been told their result by teatime the same day.

Look at the time scales for the contact tracing, told about a school a week later or a cafe.

I do not understand your reluctance to accept the usefulness of this as an additional help.

Declare your agenda.

Perhaps they are Ashie or a friend as he keeps saying we don’t need to use a local genomics centre & repeated it this morning to Beth espey 

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Declare your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I have a brain. 

Its a forum. You are going around in circles. Wasting your time. Check my other posts. I criticize government regularly but in this case I agree with them.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Doesn't make any difference what strain you have been exposed to though does it. The treatment is just the same.

You consistently neglect the fact that we aren't looking to see if it's the Kent strain or SA strain for contact tracing.

We're looking to see who gave the virus to who, based on the genetic material of a sample. That can be linked with real-time contact tracing to identify high risk exposures. That's generally the whole point.

Realistically, the timeliness of a day makes little odds to the validity of the data. 5 days to get it back from Liverpool does. The trail will still be warm if you're only a day behind, especially as the exposed won't yet be infectious, or you're working to isolate contacts before they become infectious. 5 days on the other hand makes it purely academic.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You consistently neglect the fact that we aren't looking to see if it's the Kent strain or SA strain for contact tracing.

We're looking to see who gave the virus to who, based on the genetic material of a sample. That can be linked with real-time contact tracing to identify high risk exposures. That's generally the whole point.

Realistically, the timeliness of a day makes little odds to the validity of the data. 5 days to get it back from Liverpool does. The trail will still be warm if you're only a day behind, especially as the exposed won't yet be infectious, or you're working to isolate contacts before they become infectious. 5 days on the other hand makes it purely academic.

And do you know more than our public health experts? 

Or should I say

Do you think you all  know more than our public health experts?

Cos I don't reckon you do

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Lets say you are right

So, if you actually look at Rachel's twitter feed, she did a genomics sequence in real time from some COVID19 control tests.

Including the PCR testing, tea breaks, other work and no rush, she had the results ready to be processed within 24 hours. The data processing then she says she could've done within an hour or two after that, if it were real samples that needed processing.

• Like 2
Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, if you actually look at Rachel's twitter feed, she did a genomics sequence in real time from some COVID19 control tests.

Including the PCR testing, tea breaks, other work and no rush, she had the results ready to be processed within 24 hours. The data processing then she says she could've done within an hour or two after that, if it were real samples that needed processing.

Seems you have the agenda then

Seems you have the agenda then

My agenda is actually, the safety of quite a number of older and vulnerable relatives and a freedom that not many other places in Europe have at the moment.

I've nothing to do with Taxagenomics, or public health policy. But, anyone can see why the UK don't use genomics for contact tracing. The horse has bolted.

I can see why New Zealand do use genomics for contact tracing. They've got a policy of local elimination too. You need every armament you can get with that.

So, entertain me, what would be the downside of sampling the current outbreak, at no cost to the government?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It's better than hearing on a Sunday night that you might have been exposed the previous Tuesday.

And this is the crux of the matter.

Our health and well-being is compromised, while at the same time, we are being told that everything is being done that can be done.

It's a lie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2