Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2302

  • TheTeapot

    1340

  • Gladys

    1181

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

Just now, quilp said:

Don't know the answer to that Albert. I was just throwing it out there after hearing the headmaster's take on it. Surely, if the culprit/worker is employed by the Racket he is subject to their t&c's. 

Yeah agree...and that's a civil matter...hence I think it will likely be a minimal written warning and retraining...otherwise I think the staff will lose their rag and will likely go on strike...especially after the year they and their families have had.

I wouldn't underestimate the outcome if this is not resolved 'responsibly'.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We're only brainstorming...not blamestorming.

Absolutely correct on my behalf. Like you I think the chances of a strike are very high if this isn’t batted into the long grass but equally if you were a person who had been jailed for previous breaches of public health rules you may well feel very aggrieved if this ends up as a slap on the wrist for all concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Well as I read it, and I’m not a lawyer, is that the SPC workers are subject to the same self isolation laws as us and if they break them they break them. But separately their employer has been directed that certain parts of the quarantine laws do not automatically apply to seafarers working for the SPC during their period of employment so if they break the rules they can rely on the protection of the directive issued to their employer. But if that protection is defective my assumption (and it is only an assumption) is that they broke IOM quarantine rules as they have not actually been fully exempted from them. I’d be interested to hear your view. 

I was referring particularly to the 'directive' that Ashford mentioned in his interview with Moulton earlier today that was supposed to have been issued in January and discussed by Ewart with the Steam Packet.  This seems to have involved some sort of tightening of the rules, but if the details aren't publicly known, responsibility for breaches will be difficult to determine.

Of course if they are know saying that seafarers are legally obliged to follow all the quarantine rules regardless, they don't need to go on strike.  They just come off the boat, go home and isolate there for the next 21 days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Well as I read it, and I’m not a lawyer, is that the SPC workers are subject to the same self isolation laws as us and if they break them they break them. But separately their employer has been directed that certain parts of the quarantine laws do not automatically apply to seafarers working for the SPC during their period of employment so if they break the rules they can rely on the protection of the directive issued to their employer. But if that protection is defective my assumption (and it is only an assumption) is that they broke IOM quarantine rules as they have not actually been fully exempted from them. I’d be interested to hear your view. 

Certainly from UK Gov legislation, sea farers returning to the UK are not required to self isolate ( unless they’ve been in one of the 33 red list countries).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was referring particularly to the 'directive' that Ashford mentioned in his interview with Moulton earlier today that was supposed to have been issued in January and discussed by Ewart with the Steam Packet.  This seems to have involved some sort of tightening of the rules, but if the details aren't publicly known, responsibility for breaches will be difficult to determine.

Of course if they are know saying that seafarers are legally obliged to follow all the quarantine rules regardless, they don't need to go on strike.  They just come off the boat, go home and isolate there for the next 21 days. 

So was it a valid directive, did it contradict or cancel the exemption certificate and who was actually subject to either? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Absolutely correct on my behalf. Like you I think the chances of a strike are very high if this isn’t batted into the long grass but equally if you were a person who had been jailed for previous breaches of public health rules you may well feel very aggrieved if this ends up as a slap on the wrist for all concerned. 

Actually, I'm not sure you are correct there.

The people jailed, in the main, for covid offences were warned a number of times. Or just willfully ignored the rules. (I'm not a fan of prison for covid breaches anyway).

There have been plenty of people who have breached covid rules and simply been warned.  In fact, three coppers were.

No one in this circumstance, quite rightly, will be going  to prison.  The SPC and the Government will need to talk it through but there shouldn't be a witch hunt here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Any accreditation would be better than none. 

 

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

Fabulous. Could you point me in the direction of the accreditation of the Liverpool Lab? I know most of the COG-UK guys and not one of their labs has an accreditation to their names...

Pwnd. 😁

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quilp said:

Quayle, in interview, pointed the finger directly at a UK worker who flagrantly broke the rules by not wearing a mask. It would therefore appear that if anyone was to be punished it would be the worker whose recklessness caused the outbreak in the first instance. 

That's certainly what he wanted the public to believe. You could hear the venom in his voice as he spoke. Frankly, there's been so much gaslighting coming from the pair of them it's hard to know what's truth and what isn't anymore.

Which is, of course, just how the gaslighter likes it. Skew the reality of the public and they'll be so confused they'll take any old bull as gospel.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That's certainly what he wanted the public to believe. You could hear the venom in his voice as he spoke. Frankly, there's been so much gaslighting coming from the pair of them it's hard to know what's truth and what isn't anymore.

Which is, of course, just how the gaslighter likes it. Skew the reality of the public and they'll be so confused they'll take any old bull as gospel.

Gaslighting? You're serious right?:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That's certainly what he wanted the public to believe. You could hear the venom in his voice as he spoke. Frankly, there's been so much gaslighting coming from the pair of them it's hard to know what's truth and what isn't anymore.

Which is, of course, just how the gaslighter likes it. Skew the reality of the public and they'll be so confused they'll take any old bull as gospel.

You can see on Facebook that any criticism of Howie or Ashie is immediately attacked by any plenty defending them & praising them for saving us.

Just need Howie to start a jail them chant for poor steam packet workers which will them be taken up by the masses!!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So was it a valid directive, did it contradict or cancel the exemption certificate and who was actually subject to either? 

All good questions which I'm sure will remain resolutely unanswered.  They've managed to make a mess of other, much simpler, Covid regulations and their enforcement, so I'm not sure the details of this one will be found to be completely enforceable in the way they would like.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

All good questions which I'm sure will remain resolutely unanswered.  They've managed to make a mess of other, much simpler, Covid regulations and their enforcement, so I'm not sure the details of this one will be found to be completely enforceable in the way they would like.

Does it really need scrutiny ? What’s the problem here ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...