IOM Covid removing restrictions

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

I disagree. I think he's giving a heads-up to people so they can decide for themselves whether to stay home or not rather than hitting town and crowded places. Given that the government have been historically tardy in their information dissemination, I'm kind of glad that someone else is jumping the gun.  That's twice he's done it now and twice he's been right.

The information was originally put out almost 24 hrs ago on Facebook by a parent whose son had tested positive earlier on that day, her post was actually about the fact it wasn’t included in that days figures, it later transpired he had no apparent contact with any of the existing cases/locations and that it must be some sort of conspiracy theory, I would say that left ample time for P.M to contact them and verify the information.

• Like 2
  • Replies 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, pongo said:

Anyone not treating this as a lockdown should probably be wearing a dunce's hat as well as a mask.

The only one who should be wearing a dunces cap is Howie for that presser, when asked will you support businesses & staff for closing voluntarily he said well no it’s taxpayers money!!! So all the non government workers get shafted again!!

Well at least now we can grade news sources in terms of believeability.  In descending order of speed and reliability it is:

1  Karen Off Facebook

2   Paul Moulton

3  Everyone else on social media except

4  The actual media and

5  The government

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Banker said:

The only one who should be wearing a dunces cap is Howie for that presser, when asked will you support businesses & staff for closing voluntarily he said well no it’s taxpayers money!!! So all the non government workers get shafted again!!

It's a fair point. I believe in Auckland they started with a 5 day lockdown. It was law though. I think they called it off after 3 days after test and trace appeared to have it. I didnt I don't think, but at least the businesses were covered in that they had no choice.

30 minutes ago, pongo said:

Anyone not treating this as a lockdown should probably be wearing a dunce's hat as well as a mask.

Why would that be? Quayle has made it clear that there is no compensation on offer to anyone for not being able to work so why on earth would anyone pay any attention to his request to voluntarily stay at home? I have no hesitation in not complying with his ‘request’ at all although I suspect we might now have the strange situation of everyone in government staying at home and no services being delivered and everyone else just cracking on with it.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Can you imagine the amount of swabs per day they will receive from the Steam Packet. Are they employing nurses or medical staff to take swab? Will the Steam Packet have additional wages for staff, to come in early prior to the shift to swab and to stay later after their shift for additional swabbing?

Some years ago, I was across for some reason or other. The Ben couldn’t get in to Heysham because of fog, so they sent us all to Liverpool where they had to break the Lady out of dock to get us home. We were all boarded, but waited for an absolute age until they had the requisite number of crew on board to be able to sail.

i wonder how fine the line is these days? 

Really tough situation today. I think that COMIN has likely ‘failed to govern’. Compare and contrast with the response in Howard’s beloved New Zealand.

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes but there's the advantage that Quayle is the only one stupid enough to say it out loud, which means they might have to do another u-turn and they can't now get away with shifting the blame onto the businesses and the public.

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Why would that be? Quayle has made it clear that there is no compensation on offer to anyone for not being able to work so why on earth would anyone pay any attention to his request to voluntarily stay at home? I have no hesitation in not complying with his ‘request’ at all although I suspect we might now have the strange situation of everyone in government staying at home and no services being delivered and everyone else just cracking on with it.

Yes true. In his defence though he did say there would be a decision either way tomorrow. Maybe we can forgive him, or give him a chance for 24hrs. 

Then we can slate him:D

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes true. In his defence though he did say there would be a decision either way tomorrow. Maybe we can forgive him, or give him a chance for 24hrs. 

Then we can slate him:D

We wouldn’t need to give him that extra time (and therefore, potentially, also giving that extra time for the virus to spread through the community) if a certain on island genomics testing lab was being utilised. Especially given that the government knew about the unexplained cases yesterday. What are you views on using the IOM based lab these days, out of interest? 

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Mr Quayle is far from being the only one.

Indeed.  Fancy! news reporters thinking they should be reporting news!  They'll be expecting civil servants to serve the public next.  Or to be civil.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
Just now, manxst said:

We wouldn’t need to give him that extra time (and therefore, potentially, also giving that extra time for the virus to spread through the community) if a certain on island genomics testing lab was being utilised. Especially given that the government knew about the unexplained cases yesterday. What are you views on using the IOM based lab these days, out of interest? 

I have given up on that subject

But if I hadn't I'd ask you this. Didnt they get these positive results this morning which mean your genomic sequencing would be available tomorrow at lunchtime (outline results) and Monday morning for  complete report. 

I believe that all close contacts have been tested and those results will be available tomorrow am and the plan will depend upon them.

I give up because I am constantly misquoted. The genomic sequencing would be good but the track and trace is always at least 24hours in front and is much more crucial to stopping infection routes.

It's the last time I will be drawn:D.......till next time

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

I noted a news item on the MR site that pubs and restaurants will not face prosecution for opening tonight. It may well have added that FB persecution will follow however. My local restaurant was fully booked tonight, but has closed due to reasonable fears about the social media lynch mob. He is out of pocket again and doesn’t even get compensated.