Jump to content
Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, manxst said:

Lol....tiresome drivel? pot and kettle methinks. 
the time for a genomic test to return and for the island to implement whichever measures are most important at that specific point in time is paramount. Your viewpoint as to it doesn’t matter as to timescale is both short sighted, idiotic and irresponsible. 

The decision to lock down or bring in measures won't be determined by genomics.    The most important aspect is always going to be contract tracing.

A generic test yielding results on Monday or Thursday isnt going to alter what we are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2385

  • TheTeapot

    1358

  • Gladys

    1222

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

What they want to do is dependent on Comin. What I'm asking is, could they have locked down today if they, the Govt wanted to??? For what ever reason Comin decided, right or wrong?

Is any delay down to legislation or the whim of Comin~?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

The decision to lock down or bring in measures won't be determined by genomics.    The most important aspect is always going to be contract tracing.

A generic test yielding results on Monday or Thursday isnt going to alter what we are doing.

Assuming the positive tests were this morning, we'd have the results in for Sunday morning. Within 24 hours is a figure given a number of times for urgent situations.

Correlated in real-time with contact tracing, you're both making the best use of your contact tracing team, as well as narrowing any gaps they miss.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 17 February 2021

  • Shoprite, Victoria Road, Douglas from 2:00m to 3:00pm

Friday 19 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 11:07am to 11:19am
  • Superdrug, Strand Street, Douglas from 11:25am to 11:30am
  • Boots, Strand Street, Douglas from 11:30am to 11:35am
  • Coop, Duke Street, Douglas from 11:45am to 11:50am
  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Lord Street to Pulrose) from 12:05pm to 12:12pm
  • EVF Brown Bobby Filling Station, Peel Road, Douglas from 4:00pm to 4:10pm

Sunday 21 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 5 (Quarterbridge to the Wildlife Park) from 9:12am to 10:17am
  • Mangrove Café, The Wildlife Park, Ballaugh from 12 noon to 12:30pm
  • EVF Brown Bobby Filling Station, Peel Road, Douglas from 12:30pm to 12:40pm
  • Bus Vannin service 5 (The Wildlife Park to Quarterbridge) from 3:18pm to 4:18pm

Monday 22 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 2:37pm to 2:49pm
  • Bus Vannin service 22H (Lord Street to St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague)) from 3:00pm to 3:20pm
  • CeX, Duke Street, Douglas from 3:00pm to 3:30pm
  • Game, Strand Shopping Centre, Strand Street, Douglas from 3:30pm to 3:45pm
  • Dealz, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:00pm to 4:15pm
  • Boots, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:15pm to 4:20pm
  • Card Factory, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:20pm to 4:25pm
  • Coop, Duke Street, Douglas from 4:30pm to 4:40pm
  • Bus Vannin service 12 (St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague) to the NSC, Groves Road, Douglas) from 7:00pm to 7:35pm

Wednesday 24 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 2:37pm to 2:49pm
  • Bus Vannin service 22H (Lord Street to St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague)) from 3:00pm to 3:20pm
  • Bus Vannin service 12 (St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague) to the NSC, Groves Road, Douglas) from 7:00pm to 7:35pm
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The decision to lock down or bring in measures won't be determined by genomics.    The most important aspect is always going to be contract tracing.

A generic test yielding results on Monday or Thursday isnt going to alter what we are doing.

Genomics would explain whether the ‘unexplained’ cases are a new cluster or part of the known one. An unexplained cluster would lead to calls for a lockdown, rightly or wrongly. Tracing will only work if people can reliable remember where they were at certain times or certain days. Genomics will improve the efficiency of tracing. This has been explained multiple times. The quicker a genomics result is returned to complement the track/trace, the better. I don’t understand how this is so hard to comprehend? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....if you're going to get around, do it properly. And on the bright side, Ian Longworth appears to have one good customer anyway..... 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The Uncle Ronnie Persona was one of the least funny things I’ve read in my life. Totally crass

Sorry Terry, most of us saw it as humorous attempt lifting the the level of  serious comment.

Very non PC, of course but a little light relief from the serious comments, to which you have added, what?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

All legislation is now written under the Public Health Act so no need for the emergency powers legislation

Perhaps he said order or direction, either way the AG had to draft it  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, snowman said:

Wednesday 17 February 2021

  • Shoprite, Victoria Road, Douglas from 2:00m to 3:00pm

Friday 19 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 11:07am to 11:19am
  • Superdrug, Strand Street, Douglas from 11:25am to 11:30am
  • Boots, Strand Street, Douglas from 11:30am to 11:35am
  • Coop, Duke Street, Douglas from 11:45am to 11:50am
  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Lord Street to Pulrose) from 12:05pm to 12:12pm
  • EVF Brown Bobby Filling Station, Peel Road, Douglas from 4:00pm to 4:10pm

Sunday 21 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 5 (Quarterbridge to the Wildlife Park) from 9:12am to 10:17am
  • Mangrove Café, The Wildlife Park, Ballaugh from 12 noon to 12:30pm
  • EVF Brown Bobby Filling Station, Peel Road, Douglas from 12:30pm to 12:40pm
  • Bus Vannin service 5 (The Wildlife Park to Quarterbridge) from 3:18pm to 4:18pm

Monday 22 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 2:37pm to 2:49pm
  • Bus Vannin service 22H (Lord Street to St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague)) from 3:00pm to 3:20pm
  • CeX, Duke Street, Douglas from 3:00pm to 3:30pm
  • Game, Strand Shopping Centre, Strand Street, Douglas from 3:30pm to 3:45pm
  • Dealz, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:00pm to 4:15pm
  • Boots, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:15pm to 4:20pm
  • Card Factory, Strand Street, Douglas from 4:20pm to 4:25pm
  • Coop, Duke Street, Douglas from 4:30pm to 4:40pm
  • Bus Vannin service 12 (St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague) to the NSC, Groves Road, Douglas) from 7:00pm to 7:35pm

Wednesday 24 February 2021

  • Bus Vannin service 21B (Pulrose to Lord Street) from 2:37pm to 2:49pm
  • Bus Vannin service 22H (Lord Street to St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague)) from 3:00pm to 3:20pm
  • Bus Vannin service 12 (St Ninian’s Lower School (Bemahague) to the NSC, Groves Road, Douglas) from 7:00pm to 7:35pm

Wish they’d list the new places separately rather than play spot the fucking difference. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Wish they’d list the new places separately rather than play spot the fucking difference. 

you've either beeen there or you havent

how hard can it be for you to read

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Reading the places listed that people might be at risk. Goes from 17th feb to 24th feb. and alot of Bus journeys . Driver maybe ?? 

Timings suggest not a school kid (to the school at 1520, away at 1900). Would be more than a couple of busses if it was a driver

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps he said order or direction, either way the AG had to draft it  

.... but have not the emergency powers been transfered to , Where ever? Is the Ag not available for an instant decision?

.....and been enabled to be enacted on Comin advice, perhaps with Governor signature ? Without a legal decision from the AG's dept? Is that needed, really needed?

Poor JW, he has to wake up to this legal diacromity ????

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...