• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, The Chief said:

so we've chucked our own precedence out the window, we didn't even have one in hospital at Xmas and got a 21 day lockdown.

Makes me question who doesn't want a lockdown, Dandara again perhaps, Birthday party, HNWI coming home?

FYI i don't want a lockdown it's just interesting about the shifted goalposts.

The goal posts should be shifting.  People have been vaccinated. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The goal posts should be shifting.  People have been vaccinated. 

The goalposts will shift when everyone has been vaccinated that needs to be. Until then, what has changed? There is a somewhat reduced risk, but in your preferred words, 'it won't alter strategy, move on'.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The goalposts will shift when everyone has been vaccinated that needs to be. Until then, what has changed? There is a somewhat reduced risk, but in your preferred words, 'it won't alter strategy, move on'.

Needs to be?

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Needs to be in this case referring to those in our priority categories. Those over a certain age, or with relevant medical conditions.

As a large proportion of those are done then views on lockdowns or actions should change.  The goal posts should move.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

As a large proportion of those are done then views on lockdowns or actions should change.  The goal posts should move.

They've only just started on the over 70s.

It won't alter immediate strategy, move on.

We know that around May is the target and review point for any fundamental changes.

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It is patently obvious that the overall risk profile has shifted significantly since a year ago, even since Christmas. It will continue to shift, in the right direction, as more people are vaccinated and the UK numbers continue to fall. 

To not consider this in any decision making processes, today, would be pretty foolish. 

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Ignorantioa juris non excusat

Has it been changed in Manx Law.

I believe that what HQ has just stated that to Alex Bell, But I could be wrong.

He also made a comment about a lack of intent, that'll be interesting. 

7 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It is patently obvious that the overall risk profile has shifted significantly since a year ago, even since Christmas. It will continue to shift, in the right direction, as more people are vaccinated and the UK numbers continue to fall. 

To not consider this in any decision making processes, today, would be pretty foolish. 

Uk numbers down to 6000 new cases, lowest since September 😀20m vaccinations 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

They can still wear them if they want. They don't have to wait for Ashford to tell them they are allowed to wear their gimp masks in public 

Thats a bit unfair the mask wearing here (as opposed to the UK) needs to be normalized. This whole process of there’s covid put a mask on, there’s no covid well just do nothing again has to stop.

I've just popped up to the shop. I was out this morning wearing a mask and got this sense of general acknowledgment from people around me for doing the sensible thing. Yet after 3pm standing in a shop queue it seems that the general looks are back to why are you wearing that mask you prick didn’t you hear the 3pm announcement?

We seem to have been politically lulled into a false sense of security. Government announcements don’t really change the need to protect your own health as you see fit. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They've only just started on the over 70s.

They have done 5,280 jabs in the 65-79 yr old group (4,788 first doses and 492 second doses) and have another 5329 booked in, so they are getting through them

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes also demand for face masks so a few must have been out buying the stock up yesterday 😀

Are you opposed to people being asked to wear face masks - indoors?

If so, why?