• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It's not going to happen.

It's all about saving face on the international stage.

If the world discovers that we've been running on luck and balls ups, they get a bit twitchy about investing here.

I think you're being too kind.  If they were genuinely worried about the Island's reputation, they'd behave better and respond faster.  This is entirely about their own egos. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

I heard that because of selfish no shows, they had to get rid of 15 vaccine shots. 

Yes, some may be  selfish, some may have a genuine reason for not turning up, particularly with the age range being done atm, but you would expect some no shows for a variety of reasons, so would have a reserve list. 

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

You're right.  It is a global pandemic. And there's not a single country in the world that hasn't made a mistake or wished they had done something slightly different.

You seem to forget, it's people like you and me etc that are handling this.  We don't have 500 people that have been on a "how to handle a global pandemic " course.

It's difficult.  With lots of people trying their best.  Working long hours. Under duress.  

Whilst people like you constantly berate, moan, criticise and think YOU know better.  It's tiresome.

People will generally accept mistakes providing they are given respect from the mistaken by being open and admitting it rather than hiding behind pseudo-science and bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
13 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, here's a quite simple follow-up question.

Do you think our present situation was avoidable, and why?

Yes.

By not instilling fear of travel in the population because of a failure in testing strategy in December.

By regularly monitoring and reviewing the Steam Packet protocols in line with cha going risk levels and making sure they were being adhered to.

By having a proper vaccination program in place with all the facilities ready to go the day the first doses arrived on island.  By vaccinating as many people as possible and by rapidly adapting the dosage schedule in line with the risk of spread on island and new I formation regarding efficiency of single doses.  Get them open 24 x 7 we could have half the population done by end of March.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

People will generally accept mistakes providing they are given respect from the mistaken by being open and admitting it rather than hiding behind pseudo-science and bullshit.

I am not saying I know better I just would like to know why things are not moving abit quicker. 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Oh right I get it now you’re another member of the Dr Glover cult. Enough said. Perhaps they should put up some Dr Glover posters around the island now she’s not here to watch over us for a week? You are literally willing this to be a worse Lockdown that previous ones just to suit the doomsday plan in your head. 

Yes I’m a member of the Dr Glover fan club, she says she could draw a clear line of transmission from the Genomics and I’d like to see that happen. I personally don’t believe this cluster is solely down to one Steam Packet Crew member, there is unfortunately no way to prove it without the Genomics being traced though.

I’m certainly not willing it to be worse, I hope it’s only 2 weeks and not 3. My ‘doomsday’ theory is based on the current rate of positive cases, the type of locations involved including schools, supermarkets and even a GP surgery. I think the biggest concern is schools because children are more likely to be asymptomatic, which means waiting for someone else in the household to be symptomatic before getting tested to draw a true picture of past events, in that instance we are always at least a week behind.

• Like 9
18 minutes ago, CowMan said:

She seems as bad herself to be honest. From her Twitter attacks she sounds basically like a female Donald Trump where it’s either “My way or the Highway” I’m sure government has been to blame for a lot to do with the issues but you get the impression of someone who literally screams “Not a team player” from the rooftops in literally everything public facing that they do. So I’d say some of the reasons why they won’t let her help are perhaps her own despite her being eminently qualified to input. 

I don’t know that she is eminently qualified, she has no medical training and all her publications are to do with plant viruses!

1 minute ago, Billy kettlefish said:

I am not saying I know better I just would like to know why things are not moving abit quicker. 

This may explain it, close your eyes and listen to the distant sound of banjos in the forest and a voice booms "you're not from these parts are you boy" ! 

• Haha 1
Just now, Billy kettlefish said:

I am not saying I know better, I just would like to know why things are not moving a bit quicker.

You're asking in the wrong place, you won't find the answer to your question on MF. Ask your MHK, though what sort of reply you'd get is debatable. 

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

This may explain it, close your eyes and listen to the distant sound of banjos in the forest and a voice booms "you're not from these parts are you boy" ! 

Oh give it a rest, with the ur not a islander who cares were I come from, it is that small minded tiny island attitude that has got you in this pickle now. 

Edited by Billy kettlefish
1 minute ago, Billy kettlefish said:

Oh give it a rest, with the ur not a islander who care were I cone from, it is that small mi ded tiny island attitude that has got you in this pickle now. 

My universal translator broke after putting that in :huh:

• Haha 3

By all accounts, it's going mental around everywhere. Several of my friends/colleagues know people now diagnosed positive or are isolating. I'm hearing over 200 households now isolating. Wtf. Is this down to not locking down properly last week? Not blaming govt, as they are living and learning. Quite understandably, they didn't want to lockdown unless absolutely necessary. 

Totally agree with charging people for missed vacs, drs or dentists appts btw.