• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

More cheer. This is a forum that just keeps on giving. Why are half of you still alive if the prognoses is so thoroughly negative? I’d have probably jumped off a cliff by now if I believed everything was just so doom laden. 

We are in a lockdown, because of a virus that does nobody any favours.

That's not doom laden, that's factual. Now, appointing where the blame lies is a totally different matter.

As your beloved HQ says himself, we'd be in a very different spot if this had happened in a couple of months. But, we aren't, so we're in our doom laden world for now. Buck up, it'll be like the teenage emos of the early 2000s.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

The queens and bridge were open in laxey. Popped in for a couple of pints at dinner time. 1886 was open in Douglas 

All good and busy I expect?  Full of idiots doing their best to catch or spread Covid. 

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

As your beloved HQ says himself,

Jesus Christ how does challenging your utterly, unrelenting, doom laden, ceaselessly depressing posts and predictions in any way make me a HQ supporter? 

Edited by CowMan
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Jesus Christ who does challenging your utterly, unrelenting, doom laden, ceaselessly depressing posts and predictions in any way make me a HQ supporter? 

Reading this forum isn't mandatory. 

Do one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not giving vaccinations to emergency staff because it doesn’t fit in with some scheme they’ve read about elsewhere and the staff are those that are young and fit and healthy (although judging our lot I might disagree) apparently. What they fail to understand is that if the fire brigade, police etc are hit by covid, then yes, they’ll probably be ok....but that would be after a month or more of being off work. I think I read that at one point Jersey was down to FOUR police officers. If that happened here, we’d be royally screwed. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Kent variant is way more contagious so HQ wasn't kidding when he said brace yourselves. HQ losing it with PM must be feeling the pressure.

That is the point.  Howie stated they only realised they had a real problem on Monday evening and Dr Ewart has previously stated that to response is the same no matter what the variant is, but clearly this is incorrect.  They had the data it was the Kent variant I think Friday or thereabouts last week.  That was the time to reassess.  Not the dither that followed over the weekend.  

Just now, Hmmmm said:

That is the point.  Howie stated they only realised they had a real problem on Monday evening and Dr Ewart has previously stated that to response is the same no matter what the variant is, but clearly this is incorrect.  They had the data it was the Kent variant I think Friday or thereabouts last week.  That was the time to reassess.  Not the dither that followed over the weekend.  

Given the circumstances and likelihood, you'd always assume it was the most common variant.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Zarley said:

Reading this forum isn't mandatory. 

Do one. 

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse. You’d feel suicidal if you were a normal person reading all constant depressing crying and wailing on here from most posters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
Just now, manxst said:

Not giving vaccinations to emergency staff because it doesn’t fit in with some scheme they’ve read about elsewhere and the staff are those that are young and fit and healthy (although judging our lot I might disagree) apparently. What they fail to understand is that if the fire brigade, police etc are hit by covid, then yes, they’ll probably be ok....but that would be after a month or more of being off work. I think I read that at one point Jersey was down to FOUR police officers. If that happened here, we’d be royally screwed. 

Also not using an online system to book vaccinations as we only release slots when we have vaccine in stock is ridiculous, just book them in and in very rare case the vaccine doesn’t arrive they can be cancelled online, this would free up loads of staff on 111

• Like 2
Just now, CowMan said:

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse. You’d feel suicidal if you were a normal person reading all constant depressing crying and wailing on here from most posters. 

You look in the thread discussing the bad news, and are surprised when you find bad news and people discussing the bad parts of the bad news.

Of course it isn't going to be sunshine and lollipops. There are other threads for good news.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Change your perspective and read it as satire. Then it becomes highly entertaining. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3