IOM Covid removing restrictions

The press conference was depressing, as HQ said many times he is preparing us for the escalation to come.

I must admit though the distraction of using broken record techniques, boasting (he said) of naming us as the world best vaccine giver (compared to WHO vaccination figures with immunisation programmes in other larger parts of the world) and the constant comparisons to Jersey, Gurnsey and the UK are not useful or helpful in any way. 

There was also a lot of information that seems quite contradictory at times about relating it to the previous cluster. basiclly they do now know, Hetty said, but seem reluctant to clearly acknowledge or even admit it.

To be honest I think they have learned nothing about how to present the facts, how to communicate properly and effectively and how to address some of the important issues our island is facing. 

PS -note to HQ stop referring to me as a member of "our people'. I belong to no-one, except Mrs A !

• Like 4
  • Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You have forgotten how HRH The Chief Minister and Lord Ashford keep comparing the island, against Jersey and Guernsey. 

Don't forget how much better we're doing than Alberta

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Apple said:

The press conference was depressing, as HQ said many times he is preparing us for the escalation to come.

I must admit though the distraction of using broken record techniques, boasting (he said) of naming us as the world best vaccine giver (compared to WHO vaccination figures with immunisation programmes in other larger parts of the world) and the constant comparisons to Jersey, Gurnsey and the UK are not useful or helpful in any way. 

There was also a lot of information that seems quite contradictory at times about relating it to the previous cluster. basiclly they do now know, Hetty said, but seem reluctant to clearly acknowledge or even admit it.

To be honest I think they have learned nothing about how to present the facts, how to communicate properly and effectively and how to address some of the important issues our island is facing. 

PS -note to HQ stop referring to me as a member of "our people'. I belong to no-one, except Mrs A !

When you say escalation do you mean more cases or more restrictions?

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

More cases. He stated we would probably be looking at 20-30 new cases per day, and I think at one point referenced Jerseys 1000 cases....

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't think they'd bring more restrictions in. Most of the stuff that is allowed is low risk and only helps those who can work alone or safely outside.

Anecdotally, everyone I've seen out and about today has been masked up or seemingly acting sensibly.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Oh yes I hadn’t thought of that. Yes it’s highly likely that Howard Quayle would register an anonymous account on some minor local forum just to challenge some paranoid wailing covid-obsessed pensioners talking drivel. 

Yes, an inconsequential, minor local forum, so unimportant and full of sheight that see's you coming back time after time with one identity after another. You just can't give it up can you..? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, yorik said:

Don't forget how much better we're doing than Alberta

But much worse than North Korea - seems to be another country HRH Quayle wants to be like sometimes.

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Yes, an inconsequential, minor local forum, so unimportant and full of sheight that see's you coming back time after time with one identity after another. You just can't give it up can you..? 

??

You seem to have anger management issues fella. Take a chill pill. Your brain seems to be making bad connections.

Is this really what happens when you disagree with the covid ‘experts’ on this forum? 

58 minutes ago, CowMan said:

some paranoid wailing covid-obsessed pensioners talking drivel. 

HQ, I’ll give you, but I thought DA was in his mid 30’s? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
59 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Re today's media briefing, media questions:

To Paul Moulton, Helen McKenna Isle of Man Newspapers

There are 4.5k viewers on Facebook for your questions. There will be many listeners on Manx Radio.

Keep asking those questions. Yes, some people do switch off - there were 7,1k viewers on Facebook at its peak today - but usually the down turn is after the ;juicy' bits have been read out at the start.

I always stay with it until Moulton has done his bit just to see if his questions can get any more idiotic (unfortunately  he is usually on last ). Excelled himself today and you could almost feel the contempt from the Chief Minister as he answered his questions, sent him away with a flea in his ear,and his tail between his legs.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, CowMan said:

To be honest posters like you seem to AMPLIFY bad news ceaselessly. You say already “this is likely to be more than 3 weeks” and that’s on DAY ONE. What drives such an unrelenting NEGATIVE opinion to try to depress other forum members with after just one day?  What’s your secret? What secret doom-locker do you have access to that others can’t access? It’s just thoroughly depressing views based on no actual information which suggests, as yet, that what you said might actually be the case? 

Maybe one reason why people (jokingly) suggested you were Quayle was that you seem to believe that it's the duty of everyone else to tell you nice things rather than true things.  And that the universe is obliged to organise itself to suit whatever your whims happen to be at the moment.

You're not unique in this of course.  Social media are full of people throwing similar toddler-like tantrums when reality fails to match their expectations - with the blame always directed to someone else.  The trouble is that too many of such people are are in positions of power and we all have to deal with the consequences of their decisions and inability to deal with real life.  But those who support them must take some responsibility as well.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Wrong word
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
47 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse.

Hahahahaha, so funny. If you don't like it Sultan piss off elsewhere. 

• Like 4