IOM Covid removing restrictions

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

Doubt this would go down well with teachers If Dr A introduced here but might help many who have fallen behind 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56311723

After how many hours at school per day do you anticipate that diminishing and then negative returns to scale begin to set in, that is after how many hours does the additional contact time add nothing and then begin to detract?  Would you support 5 year olds doing an 8 hour + day?  Or maybe going to school most of the summer instead of enjoying life?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 33.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Nobody has died yet. It takes 3 to 4 weeks from symptoms showing for people to pass away of covid. This is a bit like people last weekend saying "it's only a couple of cases in the community what's everyone so worried about" or the week before that with "it's only a little cluster involving a coffee shop what's the panic" or a week before that when it was "just one person caught it from someone on the boat - what's everyone worried about".

It may seem like a lifetime ago but this has taken less than 4 weeks (12th February first reported case of UK based SP worker positive, 18th February Manx SP worker tested positive) to spread rapidly through the community because we haven't been socially distancing etc. We haven't even hit peak cases yet so it's far too early to be crowing on / trolling about nobody dying yet.

If this exact level of infection had occurred this time last year we would have reported about 10 percent of the "cases" we are reporting now due to the massive changes in testing.  The others would never know that had it, like the hundreds of positive say at home or working in shops or delivering takeaways now who don't know they have it

I really think this point needs stressing to those who are panicking that its "worse than first tine" Howard did try but people don't listen or understand.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Agree - we only really important things we need to know are how many daily new cases and of them how many are of unexplained lineage. 

Still pointless

Daily cases where people are ill.

I bet of you tested everyone posting on this thread at least on is positive and doesn't know it and never will without a test.

Test more people, find more cases.  Look at the percentage of test taken that were positive rather than the positive number.  Paints a very different picture and just shows how pointless the "cases" firmware is and always has been

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Gotta love cowman. Deliberately states that there is only 2 in hospital, then when corrected in a reasonable way, completely loses his shit and accuses everyone of being hysterical. Not seen him this bad since he hid under the duvet like a dribbling wreck post brexit. Absolutely bonkers

He does seem a tad bovine spongiform encephalopathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Still pointless

Daily cases where people are ill.

I bet of you tested everyone posting on this thread at least on is positive and doesn't know it and never will without a test.

Test more people, find more cases.  Look at the percentage of test taken that were positive rather than the positive number.  Paints a very different picture and just shows how pointless the "cases" firmware is and always has been

The prevalence of community cases will dictate the length of this lockdown. That's what a lot of people want to know about. As soon as we get near zero in that count, we'll know that the end is in sight. 

Edited by madmanxpilot
2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Any word on the results from Ashfords 10,000 person antibody study at the back end of the summer?

He binned it off as not being useful data after completing the preliminary report didn't he?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The prevalence of community cases will dictate the length of this lockdown. That's what a lot of people want to know about. As soon as we get near zero in that count, we'll know that the end is in sight. 

Exactly.   So stop closing up the system by tqeqstqing tqqhousands who are already in isolation and allocate those test ms to random people out and about and see how prevelant it is.  Testing little Billy's whole family when we already know Billy has it but can't leave those house is stupid and just bumps up cases figures and scares people.  Mum and Dad will probably get it an d be fine.  Who cares if they are at home anyway.

I would rather know if Vera in the coop was asymptomatic or not.

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

He binned it off as not being useful data after completing the preliminary report didn't he?

Why would you bin off the opportunity to conduct 10,000 antibody tests to establish if the Island had already been exposed to the virus?

Would that not have been VERY valuable research?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

After how many hours at school per day do you anticipate that diminishing and then negative returns to scale begin to set in, that is after how many hours does the additional contact time add nothing and then begin to detract?  Would you support 5 year olds doing an 8 hour + day?  Or maybe going to school most of the summer instead of enjoying life?

Here’s the thing, and I’ve kept my mouth shut about this for a long time because this is something I’m passionate about and I don’t like giving my energy away to wankers. 

For those others who come here to connect, learn and have a laugh, I would say that children have an inbuilt IQ. That doesn’t change, pandemic or not. If you have a gifted child who has spent a year in lockdown playing violin, they’re going to go straight back to school and pick up where they left off. If you have a child with a low IQ, and they spend lockdown watching   square Bob short pants, then they will still have the same IQ, but so will most of their classmates and so they can all start at the same place as they all have forgotten what they have learned anyway - it happens at the end of every summer holiday. It’s not such a big deal.

For the ones in the middle I would say that if there’s one thing certain about the National Curriculum is that it teaches the same things year in year out. What you learned in year four, you’re going to learn again in year 10 only in a different format. 

I’ve worked with children who for one reason or another, didn’t go to school. Some of them hadn’t been into school for 2/3/4 years. All of the pupils and students who were reintegrated back into school, ‘caught up’ very quickly.  Compared to the rest of the issues the educational package was the least of their worries.

I’ve heard and seen on here the ongoing derision of teachers. It’s misplaced, it’s unfair, and it’s just one thing that the MSM has got people riled up about in its desire to create division. Peace has never made money.

I’ve done lots of jobs but the hardest job I ever did was teach. 30 children in one class to care for, nurture, feed, water, exercise, see to their physical needs, emotional needs, their creative needs, set and mark homework, deal with their parents and carers, liaise with headteacher, liaise with outside agencies, attend after school meetings, after school clubs, lunch duty, break duty, bus duty, choir, nativities, practising for the Guild, parties, hockey club, weekend hockey matches, after school matches, 

and still find time to teach and tick boxes afterward  

The nights and weekends are spent planning and marking because there is no other time to do it!

At the end of term I was on my knees tired, crying tired. My colleagues were the same. I have never (and I went on to take more senior roles) been as absolutely knackered as I was as a teacher.

Yes, there are exceptions. There are arseholes everywhere, but they are the exception. I met one at a party last year who proudly told me she’d sunbathed the whole way through. It sickened me but my also know she is the exception. Her experience doesn’t define my whole opinion of teachers.

What children need when this is done or we have learned to live with it is a chance to go out and play again. Cooping them up in another building is, IMHO, child abuse. They need to recover. This has been traumatic for them and the last thing they need is more regimentation. They need to breathe, to have fun and to recharge  It s going to be hard enough for them  

So. I think the idea is bollocks.

If we lived in a world that cared more about public health than making money then what I’ve said above would be what would be done, but we’re not and it’s all about getting them back in their little boxes so their parents can go back to work and it’s all about pushing them as hard as they can so when their parents die, knackered, they’ve got a load of nice new recruits coming up.

That why the MSM are stirring us all up - turning us against each other rather than waking us to the truth of the matter. They need them all to ‘catch up’ too so they can get into school, get into work, make money and buy stuff they advertise  its all a fucking racket and we are all buying into it.

As the Americans say, there’s a lot to unpick there  Pick away, just know I won’t be wasting my time with assholes.  

Edited by Roxanne
Typos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Why would you bin off the opportunity to conduct 10,000 antibody tests to establish if the Island had already been exposed to the virus?

I think it's their bizarre aversion to testing people that put pay to this. 

Test, test test was what Ashford stood up and said during the first wave and it was exactly this they they have failed to do ever since.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

His shredder was gnashing at his ankles?

• Haha 1