Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

A757E38D-5179-4B2F-B853-44A8E1D2AFE5.thumb.jpeg.c449b45f3688b4d61ef667d33b5fa6b2.jpeg

How are we "miles" behind then?

We've first dosed 20000 people.    That's 23.5 % of the entire population.   Whilst I dont know how much of our population is under 16 I suspect that once you deduct them we would be at a similar percentage?

Miles behind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

How are we "miles" behind then?

We've first dosed 20000 people.    That's 23.5 % of the entire population.   Whilst I dont know how much of our population is under 16 I suspect that once you deduct them we would be at a similar percentage?

Miles behind?

Maybe ‘miles’ is an exaggeration.

Would you accept we are considerably behind our CI cohorts (the latest Ashy buzz word)?

If so, why are we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Maybe ‘miles’ is an exaggeration.

Would you accept we are considerably behind our CI cohorts (the latest Ashy buzz word)?

If so, why are we?

Well I don't think we are considerably behind?

Accorsing to your stats Guernsey have done 30% of people over 16 with a first shot.

It looks like we have done 28 to 29%.

Am I missing something here?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Maybe ‘miles’ is an exaggeration.

Would you accept we are considerably behind our CI cohorts (the latest Ashy buzz word)?

If so, why are we?

I think we were well behind but have caught up over past week and now not too far behind.

where we are well behind is in our exit strategy with ours being crap in comparison 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Maybe ‘miles’ is an exaggeration.

Would you accept we are considerably behind our CI cohorts (the latest Ashy buzz word)?

If so, why are we?

Because we started late, and at a slow pace. We then took much longer to change to the extended intervals between 1st and 2nd doses. It the cumulative impact of those three decisions. You could call them ‘errors’.

The good news, is that we now have around 15000 doses in stock, and they’ve shown that 1300 jabs a day is doable, so it should be possible to narrow that gap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I went to Chester St for mine it struck me that I was about the only person who had filled out the consent form prior to getting there.

I was in and out in moments, there was a lot of people sat down filling forms out and a lot of empty booths waiting for them to fill their forms. 

Could be more efficient if everyone got a bit more organised before they turn up?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

There is no way Howie and co will be able to procrastinate until September if Guernsey open up entirely on 1st July as per their plan. His hand will be forced. It does show up however the different mindset of our Government when compared to our CI counterparts. Why do we always insist on zero dynamism, baby steps, uber caution with glacial progress?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/isolation-rules-for-visiting-family-still-unknown-says-chief-minister/

HQ is clearly deluded. How many relatives and friends will come and isolate in your house for 2 weeks before being allowed to go out? How many of us have enough holiday to isolate at home for 2 weeks. The thought of this going on until September here, while the rest of the world moves forward is almost unbelievable. Fair enough if the rest of the world is still in lockdown, I think we can all accept that, but if it's just us there will be lots of unhappy peeps.

I foolishly thought the exit plan would have firm numbers in so we would all know the facts and have the freedom to make our own plans at our own risk. It doesn't. Full of maybes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We seem to be doing well on vaccinations now with quite a bit of catch up.  You could say that we didn't do the best to position ourselves for when the inevitable happened (covid on the island) and that it should have been a race because everyone knew there was a race, just we were not on the starting blocks when the starting gun fired. 

The race isn't against counterparts, but the virus itself. 

However, whilst the strategy was flawed, the front line chaps have delivered, yet again. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

When I went to Chester St for mine it struck me that I was about the only person who had filled out the consent form prior to getting there.

I was in and out in moments, there was a lot of people sat down filling forms out and a lot of empty booths waiting for them to fill their forms. 

Could be more efficient if everyone got a bit more organised before they turn up?

I think Ashie has mentioned this loads of times plus people bringing relatives along who aren’t able to give consent and having to leave without vaccinations 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think Ashie has mentioned this loads of times plus people bringing relatives along who aren’t able to give consent and having to leave without vaccinations 

Would it be too easy to send the consent form with the letter?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Would it be too easy to send the consent form with the letter?

You'd think But you have to download it and print and I would guess a lot of the oldies don't have a printer.

The other thing about the download is the link is broken, a bit, it depends on what part of the link you click on as to where you end up. 3 pages can be accessed from the link, unless you click on the very end bit you don't go to the document. I don't know how that has happened and I have never come across similar in all my years of IT.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...