Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, CowMan said:

They’ve had to issue a press statement on the amenity site closures now. If you read it you come to the conclusion fairly quickly that they simply can’t be arsed working. It’s just a long list of crap excuses. So another case of us paying (mostly now increased) rates for absolutely bugger all again. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=61006

But why would you if you knew you would continue to get paid?  Who is paying? You and me.  Unlike business, we still have to pay regardless of whether we have received the service or not. 

I still do not see why these services have closed, there is huge scope for risk management.   

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1464

  • Gladys

    1362

  • Nom de plume

    1099

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Not really they seem to be ripping through in a really structured way. He was surprised but got contacted Thursday to be told there was a slot this Wednesday which was then booked. Can’t even see the over 60s getting done here by the end of May. 

No, I was meaning that you had a mate. 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Not really they seem to be ripping through in a really structured way. He was surprised but got contacted Thursday to be told there was a slot this Wednesday which was then booked. Can’t even see the over 60s getting done here by the end of May. 

Sure. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Old Git said:

No, I was meaning that you had a mate. 😂

Oh I see the repetition of the repetitive forum bullying of the few posters here who aren’t constantly posting pant-wetting rubbish about covid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Sure. Lol

For all its disastrous covid planning the UK vaccine rollout there seems to have been really well managed. Probably because it’s just about the only health matter that an absolute clown like Matt Hancock isn’t directly responsible for. We seem to be catching up a bit but they seem to be literally ripping through it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Oh I see the repetition of the repetitive forum bullying of the few posters here who aren’t constantly posting pant-wetting rubbish about covid. 

Oh, come on. It was an obvious joke that I presume @floors4u presumably got before the punch line. 

I’m really glad the U.K. is so successful with their vacations as hopefully we can get away sooner. 
 

I don’t think I’ve posted any wetting rubbish about covid. I feel bullied by you now 😄

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CowMan said:

For all its disastrous covid planning the UK vaccine rollout there seems to have been really well managed. Probably because it’s just about the only health matter that an absolute clown like Matt Hancock isn’t directly responsible for. We seem to be catching up a bit but they seem to be literally ripping through it. 

You said you can't see the over 60s being done here by the end of May?

That is horseshit and you know it.

It's as much horseshit as Guernsey being "miles ahead" on vaccinations. 

Edited by TerryFuchwit
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I have a mate who is 47 with no underlying issues whose getting his in the UK Wednesday. 

Seems quite variable in different areas, as I have a few mates in the UK around the age of 60 who have yet to have it, or even get a letter

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I see they've started blaming us now, for the length of the lockdown

So, the dithering that went on before the 3'rd lockdown is incensequential?

The people turning on each other is crazy.

I'm seeing people complain that cyclists rode by them without a mask.

That someone dared go against the one way system in a co op

That someone stood 1.95 metres away in a queue instead of 2 metres.

This really has brought out the worst in people

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It's much horseshit as Guernsey being "miles ahead" on vaccinations. 

I haven’t said Guernsey is miles ahead on anything as I simply don’t know how other islands are doing. We are sending out the letters to the over 60s next week and the letters only go out in batches. I really can’t see that they'll be done by the end of May when it’s taken us 2 months to get to this stage with full vaccinations. The UK really seems to have got it’s act together which makes the IOM opening the borders argument for September nonsense. Most of the over 50s in the UK will be done well before then so the risks will probably start to drop around July if we start ramping up vaccinations here too. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo well
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Oh I see the repetition of the repetitive forum bullying of the few posters here who aren’t constantly posting pant-wetting rubbish about covid. 

Wimp. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowMan said:

I haven’t said Guernsey is miles ahead on anything as I simply don’t know how other islands are doing. We are sending out the letters to the over 60s next week and the letters only go out in batches. I really can’t see that they'll be done by the end of May when it’s taken us 2 months to get to this stage with full vaccinations. The UK really seems to have got it’s act together which makes the IOM opening the borders argument for September nonsense. Most of the over 50s in the UK will be fine we’ll before then so the risks will probably start to drop around July if we start ramping up vaccinations here too. 

You're speaking rubbish.

The end of May is 11 weeks away.  We sre running at about 5000 jabs a week.

In what world are over 60s not done by the end of May? 

You are simply making no sense and this sort of crap needs to be pulled up.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...