Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

There is two separate forms, one for the Astra Zeneca and one for the Pfizer. When they send out the letters they don’t know which one you’ll be booked in, it would be a complete waste to send both forms (4 sheets of paper, 2 for each vaccine) when only 1 set would be used.

Are the sheets double-sided, ie. printed on both sides??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Or.......... We push the boat out and send both, hell its only a Pandemic, blow the expense

Just looked again and can only see one form , two pages , to print out so maybe they have changed the process 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

When I had my first at Chester Street I had taken the precaution of printing off and filling in both forms. A rather officious lady with a clip board told me I had to fill in one of hers because mine were no good! ( She didn't even look at them.)

Make of it what you will.

It was easier to just fill it in than argue, so, that might explain why there were lots of form fillers?

That’s strange, we printed off ours and they were accepted?, I think we may well of had the same officious lady though because there was another similar form we had to fill in and she was shocked we had our own pen, let alone because we declined the use of a clipboard?

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Thanks, but couldn't a generic consent form be devised to cover both?

Yes, that would be sensible, there isn’t much difference between them at all and that was certainly my first thought.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

You can print them double sided and I would hope the gov have access to 2 sided printers?

This is the AZ one

https://www.gov.im/media/1371625/20210115-imm101-covid-19-astrazeneca-consent-form.pdf

That is the same as my form just without the AZ wording on top so maybe they have made them the same now. I have no specific vaccine wording on mine .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That’s strange, we printed off ours and they were accepted?, I think we may well of had the same officious lady though because there was another similar form we had to fill in and she was shocked we had our own pen, let alone because we declined the use of a clipboard?

Yes, that would be sensible, there isn’t much difference between them at all and that was certainly my first thought.

I dont know what it is about people with clipboards but it seems to turn them into control freaks 🙂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

There is two separate forms, one for the Astra Zeneca and one for the Pfizer. When they send out the letters they don’t know which one you’ll be booked in, it would be a complete waste to send both forms (4 sheets of paper, 2 for each vaccine) when only 1 set would be used.

They told me which one I would be having when they rang to fix the appointment so I printed the right form off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, manxst said:

It’s not really though, is it? You can leave your house, exercise, shop, work (unless it’s at the amenity sites), go where you want, not have to wear a mask if you don’t want...Most people seem to be doing nothing different to normal, other than there being a lack of socialising and having to do distancing. 

I suppose it depends on your personal experiences during this lockdown. The current restrictions have made some peoples' lives quite harsh. For example, yesterday somebody with a bad hip had to queue up at M&S for ages. A friend with a heart condition has had yet another delay for their 'non-urgent' appointment. I also know people who live alone, finding life increasingly stressful becasue they are not allowed to socialise with friends and relatives, something most humans need for good mental health. Some students are finding 'remote learning' very stressful too. For other people, who need indoor exercise, the NSC and all gyms are frustratingly closed (exercising outside in crap weather is not easy). All non-essential shops are closed, depriving some elderly people of the things they need; getting an appointment with a dentist is impossible... And so this list goes on and on, as does the pandemic, where there is no end in sight.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

You can print them double sided and I would hope the gov have access to 2 sided printers?

This is the AZ one

https://www.gov.im/media/1371625/20210115-imm101-covid-19-astrazeneca-consent-form.pdf

I was thinking of the ones being handed out. Are they printed on both sides or one side only and using two pieces of paper?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well it’s 80% efficacy after one dose which has been shown by results and also in stopping spread of virus which is why cases , deaths & hospitalization have plummeted in UK since January 

You are making that up (''.....and also in stopping spread of virus''). I hope that you are a better Banker than a false Scientist. The infectiousness of someone who has been vaccinated and gets the virus (asymptomatically or with symptoms) is not yet known although the signs are encouraging that the Pfizer, Oxford and Moderna ones will reduce the transmission / infectiousness rates TO SOME EXTENT. The top insiders have speculated that this will only be between 30% and a possible maximum of 70%.

Only as vaccination rates become higher will researchers be able to try and discern the effect on infection and transmission patterns, although it can be difficult to distinguish the impact of inoculations from that of measures such as lockdowns, distancing and mask mandates. The completion of the vaccine trials testing for asymptomatic infections will bring additional information. Two trials are expected to finish in April. However, one is of a vaccine from China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd., which has a reported efficacy rate as low as 50% against symptomatic disease. The other test is the Russian Gamaleya Research Institute’s shot, whose efficacy rate was 92% in clinical trials but it’s only a small study.

September should bring the completion of sizeable trials of some highly efficacious vaccines. But results for the shots that have proved most effective at preventing disease (around 95%) from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech aren’t expected until October 2022 and January 2023, respectively.

You are obviously desperate to travel and / or to have more people allowed into the island and I have great sympathy with that as I usually travel umpteen times each year and across the globe.

Both the goals mentioned are possible right now under certain restrictions which you wish to have removed.

But for goodness sake do not expect anyone to pay any heed to made-up factually wrong nonsense from you in considering when it is sufficiently safe, right and proper to ease restrictions. 

Edited by Cassie2
Typos
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Is it acceptable and perfectly safe for a cyclist to go panting? 

Is it perfectly safe to go against the organised systems in shops?

Did someone really complaint about 1.95m rather than 2.0m?

This really has brought out the worst in people.

Yes

Yes

Yes

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, code99 said:

I suppose it depends on your personal experiences during this lockdown. The current restrictions have made some peoples' lives quite harsh. For example, yesterday somebody with a bad hip had to queue up at M&S for ages. A friend with a heart condition has had yet another delay for their 'non-urgent' appointment. I also know people who live alone, finding life increasingly stressful becasue they are not allowed to socialise with friends and relatives, something most humans need for good mental health. Some students are finding 'remote learning' very stressful too. For other people, who need indoor exercise, the NSC and all gyms are frustratingly closed (exercising outside in crap weather is not easy). All non-essential shops are closed, depriving some elderly people of the things they need; getting an appointment with a dentist is impossible... And so this list goes on and on, as does the pandemic, where there is no end in sight.

Ive just come from town. M and s and dealz are heaving.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...