Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2020 at 2:08 PM, Banker said:

They seem to have to take a lot more stuff these days, did you have to bring bedding, towels, cooking utensils, plus the obligatory PS and TV ? Try and get that lot in a rucksack with your clothes!

I took two boxes of records on a Nana shopping trolley with the bag removed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

On 8/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, gettafa said:

I see in last week's Isle of Man Examiner, uber fuckwit and every goggle box TV couch potato's lovable rogue Goldie, did a wee bit of time in the nick for breaking lockdown rules, but perhaps more relevant is the sentences dished out by Isle of Man's new bestie Guernsey, where two English workers face months in a Guernsey jail after being fined £9,000 for breaking their self-isolation by going to the pub [source Manx Independent 30/7/20 p2]

And whinging selfish gets on the Isle of Man think they've been hard done by.

 

Coming soon to the Isle of Man: the mind control devices...

Accompanied by 900 pounds fines for failing to comply while buying groceries at Tesco, which is so dangerous!

If the Guernsey’s proportion to UK fine is to be maintained: 9,000 (Guernsey’s fine for not isolating) / 1,000 (UK’s fine for not isolating) x 100 (UK’s fine for not masking) = 900 (IOM fine for not masking). I am sure that among those 2,000 civil servants employed by the IOM government there are some mathematicians good enough to work out this proportion.

 

67733023___masksaremindcontroldevices_resized.jpg.f54d6197de9484b2f50016489975921b.jpg

 

968881156___mindcontrol.jpg.6c8d11173f4aa9b9e290a1721a3bfd51.jpg

 

Nevertheless, I am pleased that some people are having enough. Here is a link from The Guardian, since right-wing newspapers are discredited and disallowed, of course, fuckheads:

 

 


 

 

 

 

Edited by Hard Truth
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hard Truth said:

 

Coming soon to the Isle of Man: the mind control devices...

Accompanied by 900 pounds fines for failing to comply while buying groceries at Tesco, which is so dangerous!

If the Guernsey’s proportion to UK fine is to be maintained: 9,000 (Guernsey’s fine for not isolating) / 1,000 (UK’s fine for not isolating) x 100 (UK’s fine for not masking) = 900 (IOM fine for not masking). I am sure that among those 2,000 civil servants employed by the IOM government there are some mathematicians good enough to work out this proportion.

 

67733023___masksaremindcontroldevices_resized.jpg.f54d6197de9484b2f50016489975921b.jpg

 

968881156___mindcontrol.jpg.6c8d11173f4aa9b9e290a1721a3bfd51.jpg

 

Nevertheless, I am pleased that some people are having enough. Here is a link from The Guardian, since right-wing newspapers are discredited and disallowed, of course, fuckheads:

 

 


 

 

 

 

Looks to me that a nutter is posting about nutters

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Declan said:

I took two boxes of records on a Nana shopping trolley with the bag removed.

That post evokes the image of those little wind up “ racing grannies”

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotland is aiming to eliminate coronavirus. Why isn’t England?

Quote

New Zealand is hailed as an example of what has been dubbed the Zero Covid approach – essentially, the near-banishment of the virus from a country. And the approach seems to work: at the end of July, New Zealand’s death count stood at 22 confirmed Covid-19 deaths.

Last week, Independent Sage, a group of scientists who are publishing advice around Covid-19, called for England to formally adopt a Zero Covid approach, which both Scotland and Northern Ireland have been pursuing. A Zero Covid approach doesn’t mean no cases at all – it just means eliminating transmission as much as possible.

Those arguing against this approach here are simply wrong IMO. From both an economic and a health perspective.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“There is a difference between eradication and elimination,” explains Martin McKee, a professor of European Public Health and a member of the Independent SAGE committee. “Eradication would be like what we had with smallpox, but elimination is where we can reduce all other kinds of transmission except for imported cases.” This would essentially require far stronger measures at the border – such as what South Korea, Australia and other countries have done, where visitors are made to stay in hotels or government facilities, or to use a tracking bracelet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought for Minister Boot.

Instead of importing partridges to be shot,  or even red squirrels???...

....should he be assigned to Tesco, with appropriate gun, to shoot the people who are shopping in there who should be in isolation?

That might be a suitable disincentive for those people who think they are above the rules and don't care about the rest of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Looks to me that a nutter is posting about nutters

It was deliberately written in nutter language.

The fact is that soon or later the border has to reopen, thus there will be new Covid-19 cases, and since the government position is the one of zero Covid-19 tolerance, then mandatory masks will be introduced (even if they are mostly useless).

My estimation of IOM fines makes perfectly sense:

        9,000    Guernsey’s fine for not isolating
          /
        1,000    UK’s fine for not isolating
          x
        100       UK’s fine for not masking
          =
        900       IOM fine for not masking

Any suggestion in regard to how the above fine should be calculated very appreciated.

The true nuts are those who got us in this impasse in the first place.

Here is the commentary to the video of my previous posting:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monasqueen said:

...should he be assigned to Tesco, with appropriate gun, to shoot the people who are shopping in there who should be in isolation?

That might be a suitable disincentive for those people who think they are above the rules and don't care about the rest of us.

So if you have no food in the house as you’ve been away and getting a slot with Tesco’s direct takes about 6 weeks how do you propose the people in self isolation actually eat upon their return to the IOM without quickly popping into Tescos on their return to buy food? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Southfork said:

So if you have no food in the house as you’ve been away and getting a slot with Tesco’s direct takes about 6 weeks how do you propose the people in self isolation actually eat upon their return to the IOM without quickly popping into Tescos on their return to buy food? 

You have to say on application for returning how & who will get supplies otherwise you should be isolating at comis where food supplied .

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Southfork said:

So if you have no food in the house as you’ve been away and getting a slot with Tesco’s direct takes about 6 weeks how do you propose the people in self isolation actually eat upon their return to the IOM without quickly popping into Tescos on their return to buy food? 

you should aquaint yourself with the rules on self isolation. On the Isle of Man it is a legal requirement to complete a mandatory  period of self-isolation. Amongst things you cannot do is go shopping. Why do you find that difficult to understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

you should aquaint yourself with the rules on self isolation. On the Isle of Man it is a legal requirement to complete a mandatory  period of self-isolation. Amongst things you cannot do is go shopping. Why do you find that difficult to understand?

Quite so. You will have been away to a place where the virus is still at large. You cannot, on arrival home,  be certain that you are free of it yourself.

The logical thing to do, obviously, is go into a busy supermarket, with no social distancing or face mask rules. Yeah, infect a whole load of your compatriots, force a reintroduction of lockdown, bugger the landbridge between IOM and Guernsey.  Gosh, you will be popular, and should suffer whatever the legal eagles can throw at you.

Use your bloody common sense, if you have any.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...