IOM Covid removing restrictions

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Even that post, ostensibly about helping others, is about himself.

Perhaps he is one of the islands great and the good. Friend of the politicos. Lots of posters on here have made sacrifices, lost money etc during the last year. We all have pulled together, but like Animal Farm - some think they are more equal than others.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Go on then.

Evidence that I am wrong and there are more than single figures who have ended up in hospital as a direct result of this last COVID outbreak, and that the measures and the impact on people like Roxanne and loads of others is justified.

£50 to a charity of anyones choice if they can give absolute concrete proof by 21:00

er...there's 14 in hospital according to today's briefing.

Here's my proof...please donate to the 'Home for the sociopathically deluded'.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/29-new-cases-on-the-island/

• Confused 1
16 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Three weeks ago after borrowing from friends, I came off income support and launched a business. I invested all the money in stock - I have no idea when that stock will get shifted and I begin earning again.

what are you selling ?   PM me if you don't want to post here just in case i can utilise your  wares. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I lost my job last year during the first lockdown. Compromised immune system means I can't work again where I'm mixing with the public. Since last March I've been on income support of £102 a week.  That is topped up by a government pension of £117 a month.

That's an annual income of £6708.  My gas, electric, rates and house insurance come to £168 a month.

That leaves me with a weekly income of £82 to feed me, my animals, buy fuel and food.

Three weeks ago after borrowing from friends, I came off income support and launched a business. I invested all the money in stock - I have no idea when that stock will get shifted and I begin earning again.

Once again - you presume you know the facts and once more you are proved wrong.

Good Luck in your new venture, and I hope your successful.

As a new business hope your getting support from the Starship Enterprise. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Steam Packet Inquiry has just published its terms of reference and remit. It’s being chaired by the Treasury Director of Audit Advisory. In other words IOMG are marking their own homework. So much for independence and impartiality. They couldn’t get a tame Athol Street lawyer to do a report. Let’s face it we could probably write the report ourselves. Anyone looking at the Terms of Reference it mentions the words ‘lessons that can be learned’. The four words that IOMG should use as its corporate motto. 

Well they announced it today before Julie Edges questions tomorrow asking if Howie will instruct an independent enquiry.

I know Stephen Hind and I don’t think he will do a whitewash or be coerced into watering down any report and Audit are normally thorough 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Go on then.

Evidence that I am wrong and there are more than single figures who have ended up in hospital as a direct result of this last COVID outbreak, and that the measures and the impact on people like Roxanne and loads of others is justified.

£50 to a charity of anyones choice if they can give absolute concrete proof by 21:00

Oi.

Clownshoes.

You asked about my big salary. I replied. You were wrong.

Acknowledge that please before you go onto your next car crash.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

what are you selling ?   PM me if you don't want to post here just in case i can utilise your  wares. 

Me too.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Can you post stuff to customers during lockdown?

8 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Same here pse.

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

And me happy to help if theres items I can use for me or presents for friends 

Thanks all but I can't do that right now. With saving all gone I've had to go back onto Income Support and I can't earn any money while I'm on it.

Don't sweat on my behalf. I know it will all work out in its own time. I have faith in that, always.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Thanks all but I can't do that right now. With saving all gone I've had to go back onto Income Support and I can't earn any money while I'm on it.

Don't sweat on my behalf. I know it will all work out in its own time. I have faith in that, always.

Respect to you and if or when your situation changes my offer stands. 

• Like 1