Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

WTF are you on about you idiot, if you don’t realize there’s a lot of people struggling on the island with the pathetic support schemes whilst others are doing very well you are more stupid than you appear 

There are things in our control and there are things out of our control. We are aware of the things out of our control and we are also aware there is nothing we can do about it. Spending time saying the same thing over and over again about the things that are out of our control is a waste of energy. What exactly is it you would like to happen - that everyone develops the same 'it's not fair' attitude that you have?  How's it going for you? Making you feel good?

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1430

  • Gladys

    1335

  • Nom de plume

    1080

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

WTF are you on about you idiot, if you don’t realize there’s a lot of people struggling on the island with the pathetic support schemes whilst others are doing very well you are more stupid than you appear 

I don't think anyone is arguing that there will be some in IOMG who are milking it... it's the fact that you keep going on about it. You saying this day after day isn't going to change things. You've made your point (several times) and it's wearing a bit thin. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There are things in our control and there are things out of our control. We are aware of the things out of our control and we are also aware there is nothing we can do about it. Spending time saying the same thing over and over again about the things that are out of our control is a waste of energy. What exactly is it you would like to happen - that everyone develops the same 'it's not fair' attitude that you have?  How's it going for you? Making you feel good?

What I’d like to see happen is a lot more support for those struggling, more realistic support schemes eg 80/90% of normal wages , pay freeze for all public sector except frontline health to help pay for it.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can some please explain to me, what is a Government  Independent review.

I am not sure what the CM is saying, as I  believe he is saying

a independent review of government, is a review done by government on government about

government, holding government accountable or not accountable to government , finally to

be put before government for government final say on government.

Have I got it right.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Banker said:

 

Theres going to be more unrest between those struggling on the low support payments & the vast army of public sector workers on full pay whether working or not

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/unemployment-fell-in-february-but-remains-high/

Why is there this ongoing narrative that the private sector is oh so much better/efficient/productive than the public sector?  Does no-one in the private sector ever ring in sick, work the system, pull a fast one, nip out for a fag, turn up late, get caught with their hand in the till, fiddle their expenses, delay payment to suppliers, fleece customers, rip off old dears, sell dodgy goods, short change customers, mis-sell insurance, mis-sell warranties, pay below minimum wage, pay excessive bonuses, avoid tax, falsely claim subsidies, launder money, insider trade, break the banking system, I could go on.  The public sector isn't perfect, but we all need it really, despite what the most ardent free market advocate would believe.  To claim the private sector is so much better is somewhat narrow minded, why is UK health spending about 40% per capita of US health spending if the private sector is so efficient?  Please put a different record on.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Why is there this ongoing narrative that the private sector is oh so much better/efficient/productive than the public sector?  Does no-one in the private sector ever ring in sick, work the system, pull a fast one, nip out for a fag, turn up late, get caught with their hand in the till, fiddle their expenses, delay payment to suppliers, fleece customers, rip off old dears, sell dodgy goods, short change customers, mis-sell insurance, mis-sell warranties, pay below minimum wage, pay excessive bonuses, avoid tax, falsely claim subsidies, launder money, insider trade, break the banking system, I could go on.  The public sector isn't perfect, but we all need it really, despite what the most ardent free market advocate would believe.  To claim the private sector is so much better is somewhat narrow minded, why is UK health spending about 40% per capita of US health spending if the private sector is so efficient?  Please put a different record on.

No one is arguing that the public sector is not needed. Just that here -  it is overstaffed, overpaid (compared to UK counterparts), overpensioned (expecting the taxpayer to pay the bills), overbudget and late on most, if not all, major projects.

Moreover, there are people in government not being furloughed when they clearly cannot do their jobs in a lockdown - and the taxpayer is picking up the tab for that also - and expecting to have to pay more tax in future to cover the budgetary shortfalls. That amounts to £millions across this year.

All this, when those requesting support are being paid a pittance compared to UK schemes and those govt workers not furloughed that should be. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Why is there this ongoing narrative that the private sector is oh so much better/efficient/productive than the public sector?  Does no-one in the private sector ever ring in sick, work the system, pull a fast one, nip out for a fag, turn up late, get caught with their hand in the till, fiddle their expenses, delay payment to suppliers, fleece customers, rip off old dears, sell dodgy goods, short change customers, mis-sell insurance, mis-sell warranties, pay below minimum wage, pay excessive bonuses, avoid tax, falsely claim subsidies, launder money, insider trade, break the banking system, I could go on.  The public sector isn't perfect, but we all need it really, despite what the most ardent free market advocate would believe.  To claim the private sector is so much better is somewhat narrow minded, why is UK health spending about 40% per capita of US health spending if the private sector is so efficient?  Please put a different record on.

What’s that got to do with the totally inadequate support schemes causing families to struggle to pay rent etc whilst the public sector is on a cushy number?

The support schemes need increasing and it should be paid for by cutting cost of public sector eg freezing pay for most, capping pensions , reducing capex on grandiose schemes like railway bridges for cycling etc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the stinking enigma said:

Too late for the cycling bridge. The scaffoldings already up around the glen mooar one. Would have climbed up for a mooch but rickety is not the word. Be a few quids worth though

Wimp

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Alf. What does alf think about it?

🤐

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...