• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Pipsqueak said:

the press should just boycott the briefings and leave him an empty room to talk at.

He could talk to tub of lard.

46 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Who would be a good replacement for James Davis? Who would be acceptable to both the public and government?  

Me! Me! Choose me! 

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Who would be a good replacement for James Davis? Who would be acceptable to both the public and government?  

Stanley Unwin. Yes...I know...compromised a little by the fact he’s dead. Not necessarily a difficulty when attempting to translate Quayle’s guff.

• Haha 4
54 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Is it really 'the usual format'' to have all questions from the Manx Public filtered by and asked only by a James Davis of Isle of Man Advertising & Public Relations which sucks at the IOM Government's teats? James has been especially ''selected'' by the Chief Minister & his Chief Secretary. Any possible conflicts of interest there then do you think? Since when did that become acceptable behaviour?

Who is this James Davis? Well, here is a little bit from James's company website: ''We are also the exclusive agents for key advertising sites around the Isle of Man, including the Airport, Sea Terminal, Palace and Broadway Cinemas, Bus Vannin fleet, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company vessels and UK ferry terminals.''

If you think that is ''the usual format'' or that it is in any way, shape or form acceptable, god help the state of Manx Democracy.

Has this little contract been advertised to the ‘great Manx public? Expression of Interest? 

Manx Democracy? Where?

Manx Chumocracy it could be argued. Only in the Isle of Man ........... where you can, coz you can!

Government Preferred Developers, Government Preferred Supliers, Government Preferred Communications Agency....... etc. The Great Manx Public aren’t gaining anything except higher taxes for Government largesse and overall talking bollocks, quite frankly insulting our intelligence. 

Ever get the feeling you feel cheated?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

See David Cretney has had to issue a strenuous denial in Facebook of a claim on Mannin line that he is breaching guidelines during his walks of which he regularly posts photos 

2 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I am no a little nervous about these vaccine passports.  As it stands the only ones who will have two jabs by the summer will be the over 60s (maybe over 50s). So in theory they will be able to travel etc......

the younger generations who are not getting jabbed until a lot later will not be getting second jabs until later and so won’t be able...add in younger generations have kids who won’t have anything this is lining up to be another one of those “oldies” sorting themselves out first and sticking two fingers up to everyone else which will cause civil un rest agsin

only yesterday my elderly neighbors who I presume are in the shielding age range were in and out of their car upwards of 10 times going here there and everywhere without a mask in sight but our little family are staying locked up.... it seems to me those that have the jab are thinking I going to crack on but the rest have to be kicked away 

Hysterical much... Do you write articles for the local rags by any chance?

Early written questions published.

This one:

Between 3 March 2021 and 9 March 2021, there have been 144 arrivals into the island as follows:

Patient transfer 43

Returning resident 70

Compassionate exemption 8

Contractual exemption 23

In respect of Key workers for the same dates, there have been 25 arrivals, as follows:
Department
DFE     3

DHSC 18

DOI     4

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

My wife had a small procedure on Tuesday and was in for a couple of hours in radiology and was not tested.

If this is their new policy it seems madness given that people going in for simple outpatient procedures (think in and out in less than an hour) had to test and isolate for three days beforehand while we were covid free last summer.

What possible reasoning would there be for making people do that then which meant unpaid time off work and not now midst outbreak?

30 minutes ago, Apple said:

Early written questions published.

Help me Google that info please.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Uhtred said:

The private briefings on contentious items in advance of the sittings, thus stifling open debate and withholding information from the electorate most certainly aren’t.

I’m sure you will agree that some items must be private and can not be released into the public domain at least for the time being 

30 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Hysterical much... Do you write articles for the local rags by any chance?

No but I just thought once again younger people get the rubbish end of the stick again.... I can see it happening now older population traveling etc whilst we are left behind because we have not had both jabs etc 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Len Trench said:

Help me Google that info please.

Len

Tynwald meets monthly. It publishes and agenda, a question paper and after the sitting, a transcript. These can all be found on the Tynwald website. Google Tynwald and you will find it. Happy reading.

• Thanks 1