IOM Covid removing restrictions

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Strange I though it was 'Stay at home' unless it is for exercise or essential items like food or medicine?

It’s ‘advised’ to stay at home... (I believe- could well be proven wrong if anyone could show me the legislation otherwise!)

• Replies 33.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 minute ago, manxst said:

I agree. But as I’ve said, it’s purely advisory, and people of differing opinions, morals, thoughts etc use their own discretion in the absence of set rules and regulations. ‘Advice’ isn’t worth the paper it’s written on if there’s nothing to back it up with.  

Yep, like the 'lost weekend'.  The excuse they don't have legisaltion was so pathetic. Could have just said Friday everyone's gone home for the weekend and we can't be asked bothering them until Monday. So please stay home.... by Monday oops. erm... we got it wrong.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, KERED said:

When listening to the "Briefings", I have a sort of mental bingo-card, and I metaphorically tick of all the Quayle Cliches, as they occur.                                                      There are so many, - Manx solutions for Manx problems, It's not a silver bullet, there's light at the end of the tunnel, Damned if you do and damned if you don't, It's data not dates, It's a learning curve, thank you David..etc. . . etc. I can usually get a full-house within about 5 mins.

With the amount of Learning curves Mr Quayle has had, it has become a circle.

That is why we are right back to where we were last year, Lockdown.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Holte End said:

With the amount of Learning curves Mr Quayle has had, it has become a circle.

That is why we are right back to where we were last year, Lockdown.

The problem with " there's light at the end of the tunnel" is it could a train coming the other way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Strange I though it was 'Stay at home' unless it is for exercise or essential items like food or medicine?

No, it’s ‘Should’ stay at home, rather than ‘Must’ stay at home

On 1/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

On 1/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, Meoir Shee said:

If it matters to you that much, maybe contact their employer or the police instead of constantly whining on here?  You seem to have a detailed log of their movements, perfectly normal behaviour.

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also the many idiots doing deck chairs meetings on their drives barely 2m away with kids running around and yes they’re f*ing teachers!!

I refer to my post from over 2 months ago, either contact the police or their employer.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I hate to 'do a banker' and report my spying exploits, but there were 5 people queuing for Costa just before, while I saw at least 10 other groups/couples with costa cups.

I fucking hate every single one of you.

Language Timothy!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

No, it’s ‘Should’ stay at home, rather than ‘Must’ stay at home

Which is wishy-washy. May as well say 'do what you want'.

There's a pandemic going on. 

37 minutes ago, KERED said:

When listening to the "Briefings", I have a sort of mental bingo-card, and I metaphorically tick of all the Quayle Cliches, as they occur.                                                      There are so many, - Manx solutions for Manx problems, It's not a silver bullet, there's light at the end of the tunnel, Damned if you do and damned if you don't, It's data not dates, It's a learning curve, thank you David..etc. . . etc. I can usually get a full-house within about 5 mins.

You missed Fastyr fucking Mie!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Delivered like a 5 year old at their first Nativity.

"Over to you...................................................David"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And a few more that are now threadbare from overuse are 'Great Manx Public' - 'Best available evidence' - ' Working very hard' - and, in the case of the DPH, - 'Yes, that's correct Chief Minister'.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Should have gone to Starbucks, no queue

Not surprised, have you tasted the coffee in there? Alimentary paint-stripper 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

And a few more that are now threadbare from overuse are 'Great Manx Public' - 'Best available evidence' - ' Working very hard' - and, in the case of the DPH, - 'Yes, that's correct Chief Minister'.

"Snapshot" - makes me want to throw something at the radio.

• Like 1