• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Zarley said:

And people forget they can keep their mouth shut instead of denigrating other people.

The question asked in no way sounded like someone looking for loopholes. They were looking for information, and Piebaps kindly provided them with a link to the information they needed, without being nasty about it. Perhaps you could try it sometime.

Not sure what comments you think you are following but as I was responding to UTAH 01 then your comments and faux outrage are not needed. Go and heckle somebody else

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

facebook is your life

It’s off a website you plonker! And if you’re not interested scroll on by!

Edited by Banker
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Banker said:

The chances of catching anything by passing someone outside is minuscule unless they cough directly into your face, same if a cyclist going by. The people catching it are obviously either in a household who has it, meeting up illegally with someone or stopping to chat closely for 10 minutes or longer whilst outside without masks 

Or finishing isolation whilst still infectious. 

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Via facebook, like 90% of the links you post, because facebook is where you live. It is no wonder you are such a mess.

You seem to know an awful lot about what’s on Facebook & obviously have some sort of issues with information you don’t agree with ,perhaps take a rest 

• Haha 1

The bubble thing is good enough but I’m not sure why you’re not allowed a “stop over” nor to take exercise with the other person. Like Numby said people are taking liberties but it’s the people who are genuinely “just staying with their partner” who are being grassed up by nosey neighbours wtf kind of neighbours do that? Two people seeing each other... call the police. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

I listened to the UNITE union woman on Paul Moulton's video earlier, and was staggered when she said the members had been calling for the management to introduce social distancing in the canteen. Hang on, you want the management to come along with a big stick and tell your members what they know they should be doing anyway?. Unbelievable, f**king unbelievable. The canteen shouldn't be open in the first place. Make the buses free to ride and screen the driver completely. Job done.

If BV management have not introduced social distancing in the canteen already, i.e. when we entered lockdown they should be in trouble with Health and Safety and likely the police.

It is not for unions to be calling for precautions, it is up to management to introduce them.

Every business I know has risk assessed and introduced new procedures to mitigate the risks of Covid. If BV have not they need locking up.

Could be be the downfall of God as he is now called in there I hear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, 2bees said:

it’s the people who are genuinely “just staying with their partner” who are being grassed up by nosey neighbours wtf kind of neighbours do that? Two people seeing each other... call the police. 

Two people seeing each other IN A LOCKDOWN.

Puts a bit of clarity on the matter.

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

If BV management have not introduced social distancing in the canteen already, i.e. when we entered lockdown they should be in trouble with Health and Safety and likely the police.

It is not for unions to be calling for precautions, it is up to management to introduce them.

Every business I know has risk assessed and introduced new procedures to mitigate the risks of Covid. If BV have not they need locking up.

Yes - but you shouldn't lean on a mountain railing that isn't there....

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes mostly young people here have it which presumably shows the vaccinations are working for older residents, the article I posted was to show that very few people under 60 die of COVID unless other health issues and for the under 40s it’s minimal risk

I think it is a fair comment that once the over 60's and vulnerable groups have been vaccinated you would expect the hospital to be able to cope, assuming the vaccine does what the studies say and there are no new variants to throw a spanner in the works.

The problem might be more for young people though. If we open up too quickly before they are vaccinated, an awful lot of them may well contract covid, and whilst they probably won't become unwell, they will need to isolate, quite possibly for up to 3 weeks if family members subsequently contract it. Or they may have sequential periods of 2 weeks isolation as different family members catch it. Some sort of control over the spread in young people would mitigate that. Or are you suggesting that they shouldn't have to isolate even if they catch it?

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Union also have a responsible to their members welfare and safety. Would have thought they would be assessing the workplace bus and canteen to see if they are safe.

Like the Steam-packet Union  what were they doing ?

• Like 2