Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

Just now, Banker said:

Well you can’t catch it from staying at home so I would guess one of them is not being fully truthful about who they’ve seen 

Dog walks for him. Home for her. No enclosed spaces. They’re telling the truth. I’d stake my life on it.

When the U.K. was at its worst, people who had been in lockdown for months were catching it and it too was unexplained.

Could this variant be a lot more ‘catchable’ than we know even now? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1464

  • Gladys

    1362

  • Nom de plume

    1099

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Dog walks for him. Home for her. No enclosed spaces. They’re telling the truth. I’d stake my life on it.

When the U.K. was at its worst, people who had been in lockdown for months were catching it and it too was unexplained.

Could this variant be a lot more ‘catchable’ than we know even now? 

The only other place would be supermarkets or other shops 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Could this variant be a lot more ‘catchable’ than we know even now? 

There a lot of evidence that it is - maybe about 50% or even higher, but that's not going to make someone in isolation catch it.  50% of zero is still zero.

I can only assume he got unlucky on one of his food shops or that there was some contact from something delivered to the house, perhaps through fleeting contact with the deliverer.  As usual genomics would help a lot.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No they didn’t. Yet there is still this public perception Sweden got it right.

 

 

Iceland have done very well with mostly getting rid of COVID & fully open and once you’re vaccinated you can visit without restrictions, so they must be sure vaccinations stop spread of virus.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/17/iceland_welcomes_non_schengen_citizens_with_vaccina/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There a lot of evidence that it is - maybe about 50% or even higher, but that's not going to make someone in isolation catch it.  50% of zero is still zero.

I can only assume he got unlucky on one of his food shops or that there was some contact from something delivered to the house, perhaps through fleeting contact with the deliverer.  As usual genomics would help a lot.

Indeed, it may that we have a different variant to the Kent variant, which might explain the unexplained.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Banker said:

The only other place would be supermarkets or other shops 

Once the schools closed in the UK shops were the biggest source of infections. Unless the mask is a properly fitted FFP2 / N95 there is still a risk.

 

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Could this variant be a lot more ‘catchable’ than we know even now? 

That's a given. Look at Europe. I don't think the director of Pubic Health Department fully appreciates this. If they did they'd be testing a much wider range of symptoms. It's crazy that they're not. A u-turn will be coming when the ECDC change their definitions in a couple of weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Iceland have done very well with mostly getting rid of COVID & fully open and once you’re vaccinated you can visit without restrictions, so they must be sure vaccinations stop spread of virus.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/17/iceland_welcomes_non_schengen_citizens_with_vaccina/

That's why mum's shop there.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Iceland have done very well with mostly getting rid of COVID & fully open and once you’re vaccinated you can visit without restrictions, so they must be sure vaccinations stop spread of virus.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/17/iceland_welcomes_non_schengen_citizens_with_vaccina/

You just have to pay the £5000 fine to leave the UK. You could buy a round of drinks for that in Reykjavik.

https://mol.im/a/9389921

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

You just have to pay the £5000 fine to leave the UK. You could buy a round of drinks for that in Reykjavik.

https://mol.im/a/9389921

Yes obviously not possible until 17/05 at earliest but shows that a lot of countries are saying they are happy to accept visitors with vaccinations proof so maybe that’s a way forward for us to allow travel sooner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gladys said:

...please don't mention masks and rubber gloves. :)

I miss my time in the specialist movie industry.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Me too. 

That wasn’t you with the...y’know...and the..er...in the bath...no..it’s ok..never mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

The vax hubs are not exactly Covid secure either, another likely route of infection.

I asked my vaccinator at Chester St.  I put it to him that if there was going to be a festering hotpot of this threat to mankind then he and his numerous colleagues was in it, and had been since opening with a through-put of how many CV laden individuals?  So has anyone caught it at the Chester St centre.

No!  So go away and think up another scare story to keep the fear factor up!

Edited by Utah 01
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...