• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Small ones perhaps - the sea is very cold this time of year.

I don’t understand how they don’t drown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.facebook.com/100027485104179/posts/808802466712583/

I don't know about anyone else but I am flipping my opinion on this all the time.

Part of me thinks he needs to be made an example of having been warned or everyone will be at it.  Part of me thinks, who cares if everyone was arranging to meet outdoors socially distanced because there isn't actually any harm in at and it may well help people.

I would definitely benefit from a sensible and safe meeting with some friends or family right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, snowman said:

Why do arrivals into the IOM need to isolate ? Those people are arriving from a less infected area. They are arriving into an area with a higher infection rate

Are you for real?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

I don't know about anyone else but I am flipping my opinion on this all the time.

Part of me thinks he needs to be made an example of having been warned or everyone will be at it.  Part of me thinks, who cares if everyone was arranging to meet outdoors socially distanced because there isn't actually any harm in at and it may well help people.

I would definitely benefit from a sensible and safe meeting with some friends or family right now.

But under the current rules it is not permitted. Sad but thats it. Might not like it but they will only continue longer if numptys don't accept it. And basically posting on social media that you are going to break the rules again the day after you knew it was against the rules is being a numpty.

Social distancing is not to allow people to gather in groups for social events but to minimise the risk for those engaged in  essential shopping, appointments or out exercising. Likewise masks are there to reduce the risk for you and others. Those are a choice except where the employer would have a duty of care to protect their staff.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

All the issues you raise are very valid. However, like everything else, there has to be an order of things. For me, the law comes first. Just because you disagree with the law, think it his ill conceived or wrong, doesn't mean that you can ignore it without potential consequence.

Society gives us ways that we can get rid of bad laws or have ammendments and exemptions made to them.

In this case, I cannot see that any attempt to lobby for a change was made and none was obviously granted.

Of course the law is often broken with good intentions, moving carefully over a red traffic signal to let an ambulance or fire vehicle on blue lights pass being one example where you would likely be assessed to have acted appropriately.

In this case the guy was warned the previous day it was unacceptable. The mental health issues he was espousing as justification are hardly an equivalent acute force majeure with equal weight to the red light scenario I mentioned above.

My opinion is that whilst the act of swimming in the sea in itself bears very little risk, it was a deliberate act of subversion after being warned the day before.

That is not acceptable and he deserves what's coming

• Like 8

Gotta expect some civil disobedience when yo bring in preposterous laws and punishments. I think they've had it easy frankly, should consider themselves lucky that the apathetic manx can't be bothered kicking off and the english are all mouth.

There's a fine balance to be struck. Arresting and jailing people constantly is fucking ridiculous. 

Just as ridiculous is the lunatic support for such a policy. 

Jailed for being outside.

Fuck off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, there is a pandemic and, yes, we aren't doing too well, but that isn't down to people swimming in the sea, is it?

I doubt the swimmers thought they were tough guys, just wanted to do something that makes them feel better.  I don't get that, but there again not many people would understand the little things we all do that make us feel better.  

I doubt that the guy with the dog was a swimmer, however. 

KISS. Keep it simple stupid. Everytime we come up with an excuse for an exception to a simple rule, ten more spring up and like Jenga at some point the whole thing collapses. The longer people insist on their rights to do whatever they feel like f*cking doing druing a pandemic, the longer the lockdown will last because, yes the risk is probably minimal but, multiply it by 20 or 30 going home to 2 or 3 others there, and then on to their work, shops etc.

The rules are there to protect us, all of us, even these selfish pricks who can't wait a few weeks (probably) to be able to do as they wish again. If you really need cold water exposure having a feckin cold shower.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

KISS. Keep it simple stupid. Everytime we come up with an excuse for an exception to a simple rule, ten more spring up and like Jenga at some point the whole thing collapses. The longer people insist on their rights to do whatever they feel like f*cking doing druing a pandemic, the longer the lockdown will last because, yes the risk is probably minimal but, multiply it by 20 or 30 going home to 2 or 3 others there, and then on to their work, shops etc.

The rules are there to protect us, all of us, even these selfish pricks who can't wait a few weeks (probably) to be able to do as they wish again. If you really need cold water exposure having a feckin cold shower.

I don't need protecting from standing a few metres away from my mate and going for a walk and a chat thanks.

None of us do.

Some idiot commented on fb that this swimming was particularly high risk because the wind meant the germs spread further.  Its blowing a hooly outside ours right now and yet legally I can't go next door and chat to my neighbour in the garden.  Its insane.

1 minute ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

I don't need protecting from standing a few metres away from my mate and going for a walk and a chat thanks.

None of us do.

Some idiot commented on fb that this swimming was particularly high risk because the wind meant the germs spread further.  Its blowing a hooly outside ours right now and yet legally I can't go next door and chat to my neighbour in the garden.  Its insane.

Not saying you do but if you make that choice then get a warning would you continue?

• Like 1