Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Not saying you do but if you make that choice then get a warning would you continue?

No because I am a good boy.

I haven't done anything I shouldn't I think I was the only one in our family now in my Mums bad books because I didn't drop a mothers day gift on the doorstep.  It wasn't essential and we were asked not to so I didn't.

Doesn't mean I don't think the current level of restrictions is insane through given the levels of infection and the current risk.  No wonder people are getting fed up.

Anyway must go.  I have precisely nothing to do and nowhere to go. Maybe I should do a click and collect from B&Q and drive across the island get some DIY stuff and a coffee.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2574

  • TheTeapot

    1396

  • Gladys

    1293

  • Nom de plume

    1032

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

again the problem was instead of doing it on the quiet with a few friends which may have garnered a few tuts and some disgruntled curtain twitching he had to go on facebook and spaff it all over social media, with an added fuck you i am doing it anyway to the authorities.

i don't particularly agree with the restrictions but this muppet was warned and did it anyway and therefore will have to deal with the consequences.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

All the issues you raise are very valid. However, like everything else, there has to be an order of things. For me, the law comes first. Just because you disagree with the law, think it his ill conceived or wrong, doesn't mean that you can ignore it without potential consequence.

Society gives us ways that we can get rid of bad laws or have ammendments and exemptions made to them.

In this case, I cannot see that any attempt to lobby for a change was made and none was obviously granted.

Of course the law is often broken with good intentions, moving carefully over a red traffic signal to let an ambulance or fire vehicle on blue lights pass being one example where you would likely be assessed to have acted appropriately.

In this case the guy was warned the previous day it was unacceptable. The mental health issues he was espousing as justification are hardly an equivalent acute force majeure with equal weight to the red light scenario I mentioned above.

My opinion is that whilst the act of swimming in the sea in itself bears very little risk, it was a deliberate act of subversion after being warned the day before.

That is not acceptable and he deserves what's coming

 

The only addendum I would like to add to the above, is that at the moment the usual checks and balances when it comes to law making ‘feel’ as if they have been watered down to the point that they are impotent. In a UK context if you hold  a different opinion on the restrictions being imposed, you struggle to find an influential voice (yesterday’s extension to the UK emergency powers as an example). The main stream media, or indeed the parties of opposition do not appear to question anything. It is not surprising that people who hold other view push back. I do not condone law breaking, or necessarily agree with this chaps methods and assertions, but I understand the frustration felt by many.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Chief said:

again the problem was instead of doing it on the quiet with a few friends which may have garnered a few tuts and some disgruntled curtain twitching he had to go on facebook and spaff it all over social media, with an added fuck you i am doing it anyway to the authorities.

i don't particularly agree with the restrictions but this muppet was warned and did it anyway and therefore will have to deal with the consequences.

If you read the inevitable press coverage that will hit the UK tomorrow if he gets jail, and it was gibralter or somewhere would you think.

a - well done them. I would love to live somewhere that jails someone for that.

b - bloody hell, what a warped little country that the police got involved at all, never mind the fact that they jailed him rather than a fine.

Edited by Howard the Duck MBE TBC
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

There were protests going on all over the world. The police took that into account, and set out guidelines. The organisers engaged with police and got their agreement. Plus there were almost zero cases at the time and we were partially out of lockdown if I remember as it was 2 June? So I'm not sure you can compare the two?

Fair point Cap'n. But we were either out or we weren't. The police didn't allow it to go ahead because the law said it was legal. They basically turned a blind eye instead of having to do something difficult. We're all over the Chief Secretary about the Steamy but the Chief Constable is also choosing which laws to enforce.

If this dickhead is going to cop it for arranging an open air swim then the BLM organizers should too.

I'll probably be labelled a racist now too.:D

 

Edited by piebaps
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Fair point Cap'n. But we were either out or we weren't. The police didn't allow it to go ahead because the law said it was legal. They basically turned a blind eye instead of having to do something difficult. We're all over the Chief Secretary about the Steamy but the Chief Constable is also choosing which laws to enforce.

If this dickhead is going to cop it for arranging an open air swim then the BLM organizers should too.

I'll probably be labelled a racist now too.:D

 

Agree 100%, but would go further and say that the CC did not turn a blind eye, he positively supported and facilitated it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be very useful in allowing opening up & travel worldwide, pity we don’t have testing at ports like some jurisdictions!

09:12
 
 
facemask.png?bypass-service-worker

 

UK regulator approves 20-second coronavirus test which could be used in airports and sports venues 

In the latest technological step forward, a COVID-19 test that takes just seconds has been approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). 

The Virolens test, made by British start-up iAbra and TT Electronics, uses swabs of saliva and trials have shown it is highly accurate. 

Trials indicated the test has 98.1% sensitivity, meaning it returns few false negatives, and 99.7% specificity, meaning few false positives.

It was trialled at Heathrow Airport and will now be launching with immediate effect, rolling out further in the coming months. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agree 100%, but would go further and say that the CC did not turn a blind eye, he positively supported and facilitated it. 

Ya big racist. Just make sure you get the greeks. They invented gayness:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Police are issued with powers & direction to fish swimmers out of the sea & throw them in a prison cell for the night, you should finally realise the madness of the entire situation.

It is frankly embarrassing to our Island. Society, the Government, authority & the media have lost all semblance of normality.

If this is to be the ‘new normal’ - stop the fucking world, I’m stepping off.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Banker said:

This could be very useful in allowing opening up & travel worldwide, pity we don’t have testing at ports like some jurisdictions!

09:12

 
 

facemask.png?bypass-service-worker

 

UK regulator approves 20-second coronavirus test which could be used in airports and sports venues 

In the latest technological step forward, a COVID-19 test that takes just seconds has been approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). 

The Virolens test, made by British start-up iAbra and TT Electronics, uses swabs of saliva and trials have shown it is highly accurate. 

Trials indicated the test has 98.1% sensitivity, meaning it returns few false negatives, and 99.7% specificity, meaning few false positives.

It was trialled at Heathrow Airport and will now be launching with immediate effect, rolling out further in the coming months. 

 

 

Agree test at entry and if it is positive what happens? Like Guernsey you have to quarantine in a hotel at your own cost? Bit risky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

When the Police are issued with powers & direction to fish swimmers out of the sea & throw them in a prison cell for the night, you should finally realise the madness of the entire situation.

It is frankly embarrassing to our Island. Society, the Government, authority & the media have lost all semblance of normality.

If this is to be the ‘new normal’ - stop the fucking world, I’m stepping off.

Enforcement was actively encouraged yesterday by CM as was the questioning of bus passengers as to why they want to use bus!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

The only addendum I would like to add to the above, is that at the moment the usual checks and balances when it comes to law making ‘feel’ as if they have been watered down to the point that they are impotent. In a UK context if you hold  a different opinion on the restrictions being imposed, you struggle to find an influential voice (yesterday’s extension to the UK emergency powers as an example). The main stream media, or indeed the parties of opposition do not appear to question anything. It is not surprising that people who hold other view push back. I do not condone law breaking, or necessarily agree with this chaps methods and assertions, but I understand the frustration felt by many.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, there are unhappy people and nobody in power is holding anyone to account. Howard and COMIN just seem to put together rules and no questions asked. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Are you for real?

Please explain why? The uk rates are as low as the testing proceedure allows, most of the 50+ year olds have had a vaccine, covid hospital admissions are virtually zero in the uk and the death rate is below the average.

Please tell me why some-one can't travel back to IOM, test day 1 and 7, then be allowed to shop for essentials and excercise outside for the 2nd week?? 

Don't dare say because the IOM are trying to be covid free, because it's too late for that. Covid is here and it ain't going away - accept it, and work around it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...