IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Maybe, but on the flip side  (this is controversial) by last summer those who were going to die would have died and the rest of us would have built up herd Immunity and been able to live our lives again.

There is no right or wrong way of having dealt with this, but the restrictions in place right here and right now given the vaccination progress seem over the top to me.

Ah, so if we'd had armageddon last year and let the unfortunates perish we'd be OK now? I see your logic, but I think saying it is a controversial idea is just a tiny bit of an understatement!

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Newbie said:

They did say the data would be adjusted, so I guess they will do that at some stage, but if they hadn't mentioned it, someone would have spotted it.

My point was that there was nothing in today's data to notice. According to the numbers, no one recovered and no one died since yesterday's data. 

19 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

And if it was would that be an issue?

Have I posted anything abusive or offensive?  Have I singled anyone out for criticism or to mock?

If people don't want other contributions to a discussion forum then surely it isn't much of a discussion forum?

Hypothetically. If you are horatioturd.

1. horatio has been suspended with good reason because of abusive posting.

2. Howard signed up just after horatio was suspended

3. returning with a new name avoids the suspension

4. if identified both horatio and Howard, and any future returns, would be permanently banned.

Of course, if Howard just disappeared, and horatio sat out his suspension, all would be well.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Do you know who that guy was?  Pretty sure he has the resources to do it very quickly and easily

Let's see him put together a viable proposal and quickly deliver it then.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hypothetically. If you are horatioturd.

1. horatio has been suspended with good reason because of abusive posting.

2. Howard signed up just after horatio was suspended

3. returning with a new name avoids the suspension

4. if identified both horatio and Howard, and any future returns, would be permanently banned.

Of course, if Howard just disappeared, and horatio sat out his suspension, all would be well.

Go on then.

Give an example of any "abusive posting" that can't be matched and bettered by pongo, teapot and others.

I wasn't abusive to anyone.