• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps that guy who wanted to fund a tracking app should put a team together.

It's easier said than done realistically.

We should have looked for an online system months ago , I assume UK government must have mentioned that we will need a proper digital system for vaccine passports shortly 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Go on then.

Give an example of any "abusive posting" that can't be matched and bettered by pongo, teapot and others.

I wasn't abusive to anyone.

Depends which user name you were using.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Zarley said:

Actually, the "recovered" number and "deaths" number are the same as yesterday. The "active" number increased by six, which is the same number as the "new cases" number. 

Maybe they're planning on accounting for the recent death tomorrow after someone has fiddled with the software to provide the new category. Or whatever it is that IT geeks do. 

You've got to remember that the figures release at 4 pm each day are actually the numbers from yesterday (no, I don't know why they can't release them earlier, say at noon, like other countries do).  This leads to ridiculous situations like the number announced as booked for testing 'tomorrow' already having been swabbed by the time the figures come out, while the dashboard shows the actual figure for tomorrow.

So if the person didn't actually die till today then they would be still among the 13 in hospital.  Presumably they released the statement soon after the death because, being the Isle of Man, the news would get around anyway and people would start saying something was being hidden.

But you're right to point to the recovery figures as being strange.  The numbers for the last four days are:

Tues 23: 105

Wed 24: 0

Thur 25: 149

Fri 26: 0

It makes no sense.  I wondered if they had deliberately inflated Thursday's figures so as to have 'good news' for the media shindig, but that doesn't explain today.

I'd initially thought that the way in which the numbers declared recovered (465 I reckon) was massively less than the number that should have done (724) was caused by some administrative mix-up or timing problem.  Even allowing for the possibility of the Kent variant lasting longer, the difference seemed too great.  But I wonder now if the problem lies with the testing and they are picking up tiny traces of non-active viral material.  At least on some days on others loads of people recover.  Could there have been some sort of contamination problem in the lab? 

This really does need explaining, not least to all those made to isolate for another 7 days when they might not need to - but then magically declared Covid-free without testing.  Even if they're not - the New Year's Eve case only developed symptoms after 21 days.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Not in my nature.  It is a trait shared by many of us Howard's.

I had one about a year or more ago tied to an old work email that I can no longer access.

Why?

A year or more yet you only joined recently. 🤣

30 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

A year or more yet you only joined recently. 🤣

Remarkably comfortable yourself for someone who has only been here a month...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I do not see! What is the point? 

Like Gib, if everyone (ish) is vaccinated, why? 

To prove you're vaccinated? Look up a firm called Tento Health. Evolved from the old Quanta gaming firm. The passport app is quite nice. Only shares what you want it to share, gets scanned at the airport or wherever you need to show you have been vaccinated. Of course the moral discussion behind this all is a different thing but I can't see how it's different to existing vaccination requirements. I had to get a yellow fever vaccine (done at Boots in town) as entry requirement for Nigeria. Maybe there's no need for high tech apps. All they gave me was the old yellow document thingy, so why not use the same approach? 

31 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Imagine going to a pub in England...or border control in France...

Let me in I'm from the Isle ofsn. We have all been vaccinated...

I can't prove it...but please believe me. Let me in

Edited by snowman
12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Remarkably comfortable yourself for someone who has only been here a month...

I’ve been following this forum for quite a while which is why I have the measure of people like you. 😉

• Like 1
7 hours ago, snowman said:

Imagine going to a pub in England....

Let me in I'm from the Isle ofsn. We have all been vaccinated...

They wouldn't let you in vaccinated or not if you said that...because they'd think you were pissed enough 🍻

9 hours ago, Cambon said:

It’s already been widely reported that they will be needed for travel & possibly for entry to theatres, sporting events etc which is what Israel have introduced