IOM Covid removing restrictions

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

I was looking at what someone sent me.  Although that appears inaccurate.  Govt sre saying two people have died.

I haven’t heard of any more than 2. Just a bit odd if the government have doubled that figure. Hope it’s a mistake 

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I haven’t heard of any more than 2. Just a bit odd if the government have doubled that figure. Hope it’s a mistake 

An additional 2 ...

Two patients at Noble’s Hospital have died from COVID-19.

It takes the total number of people who have lost their lives while suffering from the virus on the Island to 29.

Chief Minister, Howard Quayle MHK, said: “My thoughts – and I am sure those of everyone across our Island – are with the families and loved ones at this most difficult of times.”

“We must do all we can to stamp out this virus. I would reiterate my plea for everyone to stay at home as much as possible to help save lives.”

Edited by daisy

It's unusual for a poster like Terry Fuckwit to speak in such an authoritative and dismissive manner only to be proved wrong.

Shocked to see such a thing.

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I hope so too.

With or from Covid?

Underlying health conditions or serious illness?

Vaccinated or not vaccinated?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective? I view the pandemic as ‘serious’ but I want to be pragmatic & need information or data to form a reasoned opinion.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Nice to see the figures coming down but deaths showing as 4 on dashboard? Was only 2 yesterday? haven’t seen any news to suggest their has been 2 new deaths?

I've just seen the announcement about the two people who have passed away. So the good news regarding cases is very much tempered by that sad news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective?

This hiding behind 'Data Protection' for very general information is ridiculous and OTT IMO.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective?

Really? Today? 

• Like 6
Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

This hiding behind 'Data Protection' for very general information is ridiculous and OTT IMO.

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Really? Today? 

Yes ... today & from the 1st death recorded.

Every death (life) is important but this whole thing has been about perspective which the public have never EVER been given.

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective? I view the pandemic as ‘serious’ but I want to be pragmatic & need information or data to form a reasoned opinion.

From Gov Website

Death of two patients from COVID-19 – 28 March 2021

Today

Two patients at Noble’s Hospital have died from COVID-19.

It takes the total number of people who have lost their lives while suffering from the virus on the Island to 29.

Chief Minister, Howard Quayle MHK, said:

“My thoughts – and I am sure those of everyone across our Island – are with the families and loved ones at this most difficult of times.”

“We must do all we can to stamp out this virus.  I would reiterate my plea for everyone to stay at home as much as possible to help save lives.”

• Like 1