• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes ... today & from the 1st death recorded.

Every death (life) is important but this whole thing has been about perspective which the public have never EVER been given.

Your curiosity will quite rightly have to wait. I'm sure most of us have nothing but thoughts for the family and friends of those who have passed.

Edited by madmanxpilot
4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Your curiosity will quite rightly have to wait. I'm sure most of us have nothing but thoughts for the family and friends of those who have passed.

All of us I’m sure actually.

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Underlying health conditions or serious illness?

Vaccinated or not vaccinated?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective? I view the pandemic as ‘serious’ but I want to be pragmatic & need information or data to form a reasoned opinion.

Ashie said in PM interview that statistic will be amended to show all deaths as with or from COVID 

15 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I've just seen the announcement about the two people who have passed away. So the good news regarding cases is very much tempered by that sad news.

At the time you posted and I replied there hadn’t been any official announcement other than the dashboard data being updated at 4pm. I did see another site go into happy clappy mode because of the low case figures particularly focusing on the reduced hospital figure/reduced ICU count. I was hoping it was perhaps an admin error, but seeing the number of deaths jump from 2 to 4 captured my attention more than any of the other figures.

That’s not criticism towards yourself, I think the government should have made the announcement earlier and the dashboard shouldn’t be updated without an official announcement being published first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

Same.

Fairly relaxed about it here and wondering why still the restrictions.

Publish detail like above and I will happily change my view and do everything I can to make others do the same.

Publish it was someone who was 94 and 32 stone and I will maintain my current stance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Same.

Fairly relaxed about it here and wondering why still the restrictions.

Publish detail like above and I will happily change my view and do everything I can to make others do the same.

Publish it was someone who was 94 and 32 stone and I will maintain my current stance.

It sounds absolutely heartless & callous but this is exactly the first reaction & thoughts many people have (though they’ll deny it to appear so wonderful).

Who was it, how old were they, were they ill already, had they been vaccinated?

It’s what rational humans do - they question things.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

It sounds absolutely heartless & callous but this is exactly the first reaction & thoughts many people have (though they’ll deny it to appear so wonderful).

Who was it, how old were they, were they ill already, had they been vaccinated?

It’s what rational humans do - they question things.

I dont !! Its enough at this time to know sadly 2 people have died and lots of families are impacted with that news . There is a time and place for a more in depth breakdown if people think its needed . This is a time to stand back and respect families . Nothing we could learn today is affecting our situations over the next few days . Just all do whats asked of us . Simple really but seemingly impossible for many .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I dont !! Its enough at this time to know sadly 2 people have died and lots of families are impacted with that news . There is a time and place for a more in depth breakdown if people think its needed . This is a time to stand back and respect families . Nothing we could learn today is effecting our situations over the next few days . Just all do whats asked of us . Simple really but seemingly impossible for many .  

We’re all doing what’s asked of us!

The reason why case numbers are dropping ffs.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It’s more about being respectful, we do live on a small island and when it’s a high profile death like a retired Police Officer there is a huge song and dance about it, but when it’s someone relatively unknown they get treated as nothing more than a number, that really annoys me, a life is still a life and should be treated with equal respect.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s more about being respectful, we do live on a small island and when it’s a high profile death like a retired Police Officer there is a huge song and dance about it, but when it’s someone relatively unknown they get treated as nothing more than a number, that really annoys me, a life is still a life and should be treated with equal respect.

Fair enough.

So every fifth death “with” covid publish the average age, average BMI, and if there were any known underlying conditions.

Is there any harm in that?

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

Pray tell us, what would it take for it not to matter to you that a person has died 'with' Covid.

Please provide a spectrum, a chart, a sliding scale or something, where you can show "this shit is the real deal" and "this shit is irrelevant".

I see where you are coming from, but I think after your proclamations you need to give a bit more detail. It would help to make you come over as a less callous twat.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Fair enough.

So every fifth death “with” covid publish the average age, average BMI, and if there were any known underlying conditions.

Is there any harm in that?

Well you could perhaps upload the information once a post mortem is done and the body laid to rest, you’d be talking at least a week, probably more. Would it then not become historic data that serves no current purpose other than to satisfy curiosity? if we’re expecting new cases next week and you want to shock people into behaving then it may be beneficial but otherwise I don’t think it will add anything.

29 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We’re all doing what’s asked of us!

The reason why case numbers are dropping ffs.

Lots arent for sure and yes cases are going down but how much more they might have done if the idiots would have behaved . 

• Like 2