IOM Covid removing restrictions

No more reactions left but well played Dr. G (the other one)

We might as well be...

Quote from article:

In his address, Wetherell said he and the British government were committed to working toward holding free and fair elections by July 2011.

“We have much to do and public expectations are high ... People need to feel safe from crime and we need to clean up public life and start to develop a fairer, more open society,” he said.

Edited by Apple
fingers
  • Like 1
  • Replies 33.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

They probably think that when you click on "End Meeting" on Zoom that closes the Internet for everyone. 

wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Banker said:

Doubtful, announcements next week, it’s in all main media so likely a briefing from Whitehall whether date will be 17/05 or later still to be decided, France won’t be on green list that’s for sure

17 May is over six weeks away. That's a loooong time in the covid era. 

I know everyone wants to be able to plan for the future - I certainly do - however it's not easy when things can, and do, change so quickly.

Along with learning to live with covid, we also need to learn to live with uncertainty.

I don't like it, you don't like it, most people don't like it. Even so, that's the reality of our situation.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

17 May is over six weeks away. That's a loooong time in the covid era. 

I know everyone wants to be able to plan for the future - I certainly do - however it's not easy when things can, and do, change so quickly.

Along with learning to live with covid, we also need to learn to live with uncertainty.

I don't like it, you don't like it, most people don't like it. Even so, that's the reality of our situation.

by then most folks will be vaccinated ,   the chances of another wave that would overwhelm the NHS must be slim , as mentioned earlier in the thread there is no point having a vaccine of you are still going to be locked down every few minutes anyway.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, code99 said:

I might be watching too many re-runs of "The Thick of It" (curtsey of the entirely avoidable lockdowns if IOMG was following the science and Dr Glover, it seems), but my understanding is that if Dr Glover has deliberately misled the PAC then she has committed a (criminal?) offence. I am therefore assuming that everything that Dr Glover has said in the yesterday's hearing is more or less true. I am also assuming that she would have taken a legal advice before giving her testimony.

I also believe that if the IOMG does not accept that what Dr Glover has said was not truthful or was materially misleading, then they have an obligation to set the record straight. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, then I say 'let the record stand' as Dr Glover described it.  

She did. While discussing a certain email chain, she explicitly put on the record that her lawyer advised her she could legally talk about what was in the emails and which persons were involved. 

Dr Glover is a highly intelligent, business savvy scientist. She would have made absolutely certain that nothing she spoke about during the hearing would legally -or otherwise - damage her personal reputation, or the reputation of her company. 

Edited by Zarley
Missing word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Depends if we are at the stage of "clear signs of political amorality and general administrative incompetence".

I think we passed that point over twenty years ago!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

by then most folks will be vaccinated ,   the chances of another wave that would overwhelm the NHS must be slim , as mentioned earlier in the thread there is no point having a vaccine of you are still going to be locked down every few minutes anyway.

I hope you're right concerning the vaccine, however we already have variants for which the vaccine is not very effective. It's probably only a matter of time before the variants become a problem in the UK and Europe. It will be a race to tweak existing vaccines to account for new variants, and then a race to get them into people's arms. 

I don't want to be locked down and restricted either. I'm just saying that there is an awful lot of uncertainty about the future and we're going to have to learn to live with that uncertainty, alongside learning to live with covid. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The Government silence is deafening.

What happens next is crucial. They have too much invested to do an about turn  

My prediction is that they carry on with the smear campaign. It’s too late to play the victim and it’s got to be one or the other. They’ve lost a LOT of public sympathy, I’m not sure this is the time to play that card. They’ll be gathering as much info against genomics, and collecting experts and make such a fuss that we will forget that they’ve treated this woman appallingly.

This government (not all of it) is toxic  the treatment and actions taken toward Dr Glover have been exactly those used by a toxic individuals against their partners (brother, boss, whoever).

Their victims are usually so exhausted, confused, exasperated, that they are unable to take action and just walk away pleased to have just escaped from the madness  

Dr Glover did not. I could not be more proud of this Manx woman right now  By doing what she has done, she has said, ‘enough’, and she has said it for all of us, including the ones who walked away  Nice action  💪

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My prediction is that they carry on with the smear campaign. It’s too late to play the victim and it’s got to be one or the other. They’ve lost a LOT of public sympathy, I’m not sure this is the time to play that card. They’ll be gathering as much info against genomics, and collecting experts and make such a fuss that we will forget that they’ve treated this woman appallingly.

This government (not all of it) is toxic  the treatment and actions taken toward Dr Glover have been exactly those used by a toxic individuals against their partners (brother, boss, whoever).

Their victims are usually so exhausted, confused, exasperated, that they are unable to take action and just walk away pleased to have just escaped from the madness  

Dr Glover did not. I could not be more proud of this Manx woman right now  By doing what she has done, she has said, ‘enough’, and she has said it for all of us, including the ones who walked away  Nice action  💪

well said. I also think they'll continue with the smear campaign. They're circling the wagons as we speak.

Manx Radio has contacted DHSC for a response, and it's understood a point-by-point rebuttal is being drawn up in a formal release. 

I believe that one way or another, Dr Glover will come out on top. The government is going to wish they never pulled this bullshit, even as they dig a deeper hole. We can vote the politicians concerned out; now we just need to find a way to get rid of the civil servants who largely caused this travesty in the first place. 

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Total respect to Dr G . Full of admiration for her fortitude and honesty. And yes I believe her version. And it shouldnt be forgotton this will and has cost her alot in time and money. We are lucky that someone has stood up to wrong doings and has the means to do so. Most of us have to back off when confronted with the unlimited tax payer funded AG's office. I really cant thank the lady enough and hopefully it wont go away but again sadly too many MHK's etc are under the umbrella of this current organisational silo .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 7
27 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

After not hearing one iota about Dr Glovers on the local news. It seems the old Whoever pays the piper calls the tune. Just saying.

It has been on n Manx Radio News web pages and that IOM gov is preparing a point by point rebuttal.

Edited by Major Rushen
Typo