IOM Covid removing restrictions

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I dont think that's correct.   There are clearly some people who get exposed to it and don't catch it.  100% chance is simply untrue.

I was assuming it was an orgy.

• Replies 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Very surprised to receive my vaccination letter today I’m in the 35 - 40 group with nothing wrong with me so they are certainly cracking on 

Christ I didn’t know that MF was open to youngsters 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This will effectively be done & dusted by the end of May.

I love your optimism.

Sadly I don't fully share it. While things will be a bit more sensible here and the UK this global pandemic has a long way still to run.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

According to the latest 7 day rolling U.K. stats, you have less than a 0.05% chance of contracting the virus currently (per 100k people) & less than a 0.03% chance of dying with Covid.

This will effectively be done & dusted by the end of May.

Whilst I share your impatience, in many ways, I think you are unrealistic.

if we get supply there’s every chance that everyone over 16 will have been vaccinated once by end August and all over 50’s will have had two doses by the same date.

So I’d expect Common Travel Area ( excluding Ireland ) arrivals to be unrestricted by then, assuming UK and CI continue their current trend. For everywhere else I’d expect a traffic light scheme to be used aligned to that of UK, with isolation in the UK.

There'll still be landing permissions required. And ID requirements.

Its what they’ll do in the next 5 months as they open slowly. Don’t expect any change until end June.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Whilst I share your impatience, in many ways, I think you are unrealistic.

if we get supply there’s every chance that everyone over 16 will have been vaccinated once by end August and all over 50’s will have had two doses by the same date.

So I’d expect Common Travel Area ( excluding Ireland ) arrivals to be unrestricted by then, assuming UK and CI continue their current trend. For everywhere else I’d expect a traffic light scheme to be used aligned to that of UK, with isolation in the UK.

There'll still be landing permissions required. And ID requirements.

Its what they’ll do in the next 5 months as they open slowly. Don’t expect any change until end June.

I don’t think they can keep borders closed until August if UK & Channel Islands fully open, hopefully when they return with more realistic exit plan at April Tynwald we will see some proper dates/data.

I still think they will copy Channel Islands exit strategy who are allowing travel from 26/04 based on traffic light system.

The shite strategy launched by Mark Lewin which was roundly panned will hopefully be binned 

34 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Christ I didn’t know that MF was open to youngsters 😉

More impressively filled my form in online, phone call at lunch time, I’m booked in for Friday..very efficient to be fair 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Yeh, you're wrong.  Surprise surprise.

48 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

piss off tit

Lol, Terry the tit.

I think Tel plays an essential role on this board and I am unanimous about that 😁

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Lol, Terry the tit.

I think Tel plays an essential role on this board and I am unanimous about that 😁

Reclaiming his title of 'most wrong about everything ever' from Dilli.

Although Banker is pushing hard.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Reclaiming his title of 'most wrong about everything ever' from Dilli.

Although Banker is pushing hard.

That's a touch rich coming from whopper like you.

Back to 2pm today.  Good work.:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe how slow and incompetent this injection business has been. I filled my form in Last Monday, got a call Sunday, booked in for Saturday. So that's 12 days from completing the form.

People fifteen years younger than me are getting jabs in a couple of days and I have asthma. It's really getting to me since around my house was swarming with maskless people on Saturday.

Edited by Declan
  • Haha 1

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/nsc-used-for-childcare-provision-for-medical-workers/

DHDC cresh facility.

We didn't publicise this in case everyone else wanted to use it and we didn't think the Manx public would understand.

So much for openness and honesty.

Wonder what's going to come out next ????

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
22 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Most people are OK (if not delighted) with it.  The only people who seem to object are you and David Ashford (assuming you're different people).  In voluntary testing situations, take-up is high.

But I'm not actually suggesting random testing, just encouraging looser guidelines around symptoms (in New Zealand anyone with the symptoms of a cold is encouraged to get tested) and maybe also more testing among targeted groups and contacts.  Given the way this outbreak spread - older school children would be an obvious choice.

Ha Ha. Yes we are different people😁. If you read my posts you would see this.

You make a fair point and yes, if we go into a mitigation stage then data like this will be vital.

It is difficult to get a representative and consistent sample of the population and you would have to do it at least 3 times per week.

Perhaps now is the time for sampling the sewage as that is the only consistent and totally representative view of the whole island! 

Maybe being more serious, handing out the lateral flow tests on a major scale is the thing to do.