• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe being more serious, handing out the lateral flow tests on a major scale is the thing to do. 

That is probably one of the next steps to consider.

Cann we expect people though to self isolate if they get a positive result or would we need to develop a more formal arrangement (not sure what that could be though).

• Like 1
On 3/31/2021 at 8:45 AM, Banker said:

Anyone know what queues are like at eastern amenity centre , asking for a friend who’s got a load of shit from garage to dump 😂

IOM Newspapers are reporting that the tip is full today.

1 minute ago, Len Trench said:

IOM Newspapers are reporting that the tip is full today.

i was planning a trip tomorrow but i'd heard the same, all the glencrutchery road recycling bins are full and overflowing as well.

Still not sure why if the bins are being collected the doorstep recycling pickups had to stop.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Apple said:

Can we expect people though to self isolate if they get a positive result or would we need to develop a more formal arrangement (not sure what that could be though).

For rather too many, can we hell, that's how we've already had 80-odd jail cases.

Lob in financial/economic domestic pressures and less-than-understanding employers to the "It doesn't apply to me" sector and it wouldn't work.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, The Chief said:

i was planning a trip tomorrow but i'd heard the same, all the glencrutchery road recycling bins are full and overflowing as well.

Still not sure why if the bins are being collected the doorstep recycling pickups had to stop.

The recycling bins in Union mills are also overflowing, no one seems to be able to give a clear response when asked when they will restart.

My recycling bin is full of wine bottles!

26 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Perhaps now is the time for sampling the sewage as that is the only consistent and totally representative view of the whole island! 

Maybe being more serious, handing out the lateral flow tests on a major scale is the thing to do. 

The sewage thing only works if you've got no known cases in the population - otherwise it just tells you what you know already.  New Zealand uses it sometimes as a check, but they can do that because all their known cases and even returning travellers are quarantined in separate places and you just don't test anything that includes the outflow from those.  It means they can pick up cases in 'the wild' or reassure themselves there aren't any, but it's only a minor help in fighting Covid.

I am very dubious still about lateral flow tests - I'll do some more research, but what I have found so far isn't reassuring.

3 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Ah that pesky unexplained case - I get the impression they believe it is linked but just can't prove it.  If only there was a scientific way of doing it.  Anyone know of one?

I believe chicken innards thrown against a wall at midnight, could be useful. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
29 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Did Mr Ashtray really need to tell us that 50% is 1 in 2?

Probably one of the reasons that the In Real Life briefings never started again last Summer was that the media were getting rather fed up as being treated as the Remedial Infants Class and Howie, Ashie and their Cabinet Office handlers might not have made it out alive.

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie confirms clock will not be reset for single sporadic cases 😀

True.  Ignoring single sporadic cases always works so well - especially when they're from the Steam Packet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I believe chicken innards thrown against a wall at midnight, could be useful. 

All of my innards have got mixed up in the fridge.

Is there anyone local who does genetic testing so I can find out which ones are chicken?

• Like 2