Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

For PK here’s one on excess cancer cases caused by Covid which will probably impact IOM

The case for the introduction of colorectal endoscopic screening proposed the saving of 4 to 6 lives per year from bowel cancer on the Isle of Man. That was 20 years ago and diagnostic and treatment regimes have vastly improved, but usually  it that process commences after screening.

Presumably all preventative screening procedures are continuing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2265

  • TheTeapot

    1326

  • Gladys

    1156

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Apple said:

The case for the introduction of colorectal endoscopic screening proposed the saving of 4 to 6 lives per year from bowel cancer on the Isle of Man. That was 20 years ago and diagnostic and treatment regimes have vastly improved, but usually  it that process commences after screening.

Presumably all preventative screening procedures are continuing.

All preventive screenings are presumably not continuing if there’s a 3000+ waiting list for endoscopy, same as UK reports mentioned happening there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Banker said:

All preventive screenings are presumably not continuing if there’s a 3000+ waiting list for endoscopy, same as UK reports mentioned happening there.

Screening may be categorised according to urgent, soon and routine, if they are still using that grading system and then treated accordingly.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  

8 hours ago, Marion Costel said:

 

 

If you strip out personality and money from the posting on top of this page; there are a lot of well thought through arguments on the things that matter: what the hard-line IOM covid response; the border closure and widespread jail sentencing of covid transgressors has achieved; and at what cost?

 

 

I can't deny, there are some good points made, a good well written post. Thank you.

So when things were looking a little bit shit, Filippo fucked off to Switzerland.

He didn't like this lockdown stuff. His type don't. He could nip to anywhere in the world, and yes, where better than to heave a lung full of bright fresh free mountain air than up on the ski slopes of Switzerland,. The uncrowded pistes marred only by the occasional group of semi-pleb nouveaux riche getting raucous on gluhwein.

But then, after the first lockdown, the Isle of Man managed months of glorious freedom. The strategy worked.

We was the best place in the world type thing. We really were.

Even better than Switzerland.

We didn't hear from the author during our not inconsiderable spell of Covid-free. Switzerland is nice of course, but Filippo had removed himself from the real oasis. Even skiing gets a wee bit boring after 12 months.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Barlow said:

  

I can't deny, there are some good points made, a good well written post. Thank you.

So when things were looking a little bit shit, Filippo fucked off to Switzerland.

He didn't like this lockdown stuff. His type don't. He could nip to anywhere in the world, and yes, where better than to heave a lung full of bright fresh free mountain air than up on the ski slopes of Switzerland,. The uncrowded pistes marred only by the occasional group of semi-pleb nouveaux riche getting raucous on gluhwein.

But then, after the first lockdown, the Isle of Man managed months of glorious freedom. The strategy worked.

We was the best place in the world type thing. We really were.

Even better than Switzerland.

We didn't hear from the author during our not inconsiderable spell of Covid-free. Switzerland is nice of course, but Filippo had removed himself from the real oasis. Even skiing gets a wee bit boring after 12 months.

 

 

Incredibly condescending & extremely bitter. Give yourself a virtual ‘crab’ star.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Apple said:

Screening may be categorised according to urgent, soon and routine, if they are still using that grading system and then treated accordingly.

 

 

 

 

But the "routines" & "soon" will probably by now be heading north towards "urgent" and no doubt some will succumb in the process.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Actually a very common term. Like you can count them on one hand etc. Its probably used by a large part of the general population. So I’d imagine it would only be a sad, useless, whining little cunt who would concoct such a mental argument. 

Uh-oh. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Newbie said:

unworthy of protection

You are right - nobody is unworthy of protection and the State is right to offer and provide it.  But that is where it should stop.

Of course, provide the medical support, advise and where necessary protect (in the short term) those at most risk.  But decisions about risk to the individual must be made by the individual and not be dictated upon the whim of a cabal of faceless government functionaries.

To deny to the overwhelming majority individual freedom to travel, to meet, to socially interact, to be employed to the extent of ensuring financial security for self and/or family, when all other reasonable steps have been taken to protect the vulnerable, is fundamentally wrong because of the potentially catastrophic long-term economic, medical and societal consequences.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

To deny to the overwhelming majority individual freedom to travel, to meet, to socially interact, to be employed to the extent of ensuring financial security for self and/or family, when all other reasonable steps have been taken to protect the vulnerable, is fundamentally wrong because of the potentially catastrophic long-term economic, medical and societal consequences

Absolutely. We are nearly at that point due to the vaccination programme, and we know that the government plans to ease restrictions further and switch to a strategy of mitigation (although people may argue about exactly how that process works). The point I was responding to in Filippo's post was the suggestion that right at the very start, when vaccination was a long way off, we still shouldn't have locked down because a proportion of elderly people were, in effect, expendable, and could be sacrificed in order to maintain the freedoms of less vulnerable people. That is not what I would call taking all reasonable steps.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Mailman said:

Actually a very common term. Like you can count them on one hand etc. Its probably used by a large part of the general population. So I’d imagine it would only be a sad, useless, whining little cunt who would concoct such a mental argument. 

  Nice first post.

14 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Uh-oh yourself you fucking prick. 

Nice second post.

Welcome to Manx Forums.

 

  

 

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John Wright said:

Which is 4 times ours

I am not convinced it is tbh.

They are doing much more widespread testing than we are.  I will never understand the iom reluctance to do surveillance testing.

Anyway, if the current infection rate in liverpool is four times ours, and our vaccination programs are broadly at the same point, why are we all still going bankrupt and not allowed to see family when their lives are going in the opposite direction.  In a lot of ways they have never been as locked down as we are now and our figures are tiny.

The time to educate the public on the way forward and get them to accept us all moving on with our lives is now.

Anyone who is really stressed is welcome to continue to take whatever precautions they see fit but stopping vaccinated people going to visit other vaccinated people or even earn a living is too much now given the current risk

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...