Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But the "routines" & "soon" will probably by now be heading north towards "urgent" and no doubt some will succumb in the process.  

Sadly that may well be the case. On Manx Radio this lunchtime there were callers saying they / and partners had been missed appointments for follow ups and had subsequently died. Tragic and very heartfelt. 

Clinicians will be sorting out the priorities of follow ups and after that it depends on having the clinical capacity for investigations / interventions, both for themselves and within the hospital or off island. Unfortunately clinical staff are in effect 'gagged' from comment on about facilities unless a formal review takes place.

There has to be an explanation for these and other actions taken or not taken at some point. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2324

  • TheTeapot

    1344

  • Gladys

    1199

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Josem is just a ( nasty right wing ) opportunist who seems to have no common sense.

That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said on here about Josem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the endoscopy thing I did have one last year, took about three weeks from referral to appointment so no complaints there.

I still haven’t had the appointment to discuss the results.  It is booked for June which will be 10 months after the procedure.

How on earth is that justifiable if they aren’t doing many actual procedures?  I haven’t even been given the option of a phone or video call. 

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apple said:

Sadly that may well be the case. On Manx Radio this lunchtime there were callers saying they / and partners had been missed appointments for follow ups and had subsequently died. Tragic and very heartfelt. 

Clinicians will be sorting out the priorities of follow ups and after that it depends on having the clinical capacity for investigations / interventions, both for themselves and within the hospital or off island. Unfortunately clinical staff are in effect 'gagged' from comment on about facilities unless a formal review takes place.

There has to be an explanation for these and other actions taken or not taken at some point. 

It would be extremely concerning if you’re on waiting list , I know several on orthopedic lists who have been waiting years for knee/hip surgery and pains are getting worse.

We really need to get hospital back up working fully & get working in backlog, there’s 1 in hospital FFS!!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminder that Filipo quoted Fox News and Tucker Carlson both noted far right supporting 'News' sources, Covid deniers, white supremacists and Donald Trump supporters.

For that reason alone i have no interest in his opinion.

I frequent this thread as it the one that is still running.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no explanation or apology from me about the role of the DHSC and the hospital over what I perceive as failures and my posts have consistently reflected that I hope.

Mistakes have been made in my view. And continue to be so.

Getting the hospital back up and running must now be a priority. A respectable and experienced clinical and management needs to take over and that is what my hope is (Pandora's box). We need the right teams in there, and the wrong ones out.

The Govt has to take into account the current problems and support fully the reimplementation of matters urgent and stop trying to make political capital out of it any more.

Irrespective of lockdown urgent clinical procedures need to be taking place for whatever conditions are being presented. For resources and how they are being used, or not used, public complaints, the press and social media  along with the MHK's need to be asking the questions and getting honest answers. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

decisions about risk to the individual must be made by the individual and not be dictated upon the whim of a cabal of faceless government functionaries.

How do you feel about the drugs laws?

Although a better analogy might be drink driving - where, as with the potential spread of disease, other people may be put at risk.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pongo said:

How do you feel about the drugs laws?

Although a better analogy might be drink driving - where, as with the potential spread of disease, other people may be put at risk.

 

Bit of a stretch with the old analogy there 😜

A better one might be how would you feel if they suddenly deemed that cafes and bars were a risk to public health and so closed them down.  Or sports clubs because of the small number of participants who have heart failure when competing or training.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, trmpton said:

On the endoscopy thing I did have one last year, took about three weeks from referral to appointment so no complaints there.

I still haven’t had the appointment to discuss the results.  It is booked for June which will be 10 months after the procedure.

How on earth is that justifiable if they aren’t doing many actual procedures?  I haven’t even been given the option of a phone or video call. 

Bombarding the department secretarial staff with weekly emails, telephone calls and the occasional stiff letter may produce results, and getting your GP to write/email them will help also. It worked for me, same discipline.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Bit of a stretch with the old analogy there 😜

A better one might be how would you feel if they suddenly deemed that cafes and bars were a risk to public health and so closed them down.  Or sports clubs because of the small number of participants who have heart failure when competing or training.

Or smoking ...

If the Government were ‘that arsed’ about public health or ‘protecting the NHS’ they’d ban the sale of tobacco.

A young lady walked toward me the other night on Marine Drive & quickly diverted her path & masked up to avoid me as I was without face covering. Then as she passed, pulled down the covering & sucked hard on a cancer stick.

You couldn’t make this shit up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

You are right - nobody is unworthy of protection and the State is right to offer and provide it.  But that is where it should stop.

Of course, provide the medical support, advise and where necessary protect (in the short term) those at most risk.  But decisions about risk to the individual must be made by the individual and not be dictated upon the whim of a cabal of faceless government functionaries.

With respect may I suggest the current Capacity Consultation (due to end tomorrow I think) about people's right to choose, protection procedures, best interests step, Lasting Powers of Attorney etc

It also rakes in comments regarding Mental Health and people with Learning Disabilities and could touch on the End of Life care if anyone wants to suggest it.

Everyone is worthy of the protection of the stare irregardless of their clinical condition. Not to start off with that premise risks a lot of pain and unpleasantness. 

Edited by Apple
that should of course say state but I'm not changing it
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Incredibly condescending & extremely bitter. Give yourself a virtual ‘crab’ star.

Condescend? Bitter? Oh hardly.

Even the crab epithet falls flat. I'm bringing no one down. But I know it must be difficult to hold back one's opinion when a situation is viewed from such privilege (and as I mentioned before, no doubt a well earned privilege).

We've all got an opinion on this here pandemic thing, we've all tried to make do as best we can, we have all had our experiences of the lockdowns.

Over this past year I've tried as best I can to help my family, friends and those around me. Maybe if I had the resources and inclination I would have escaped to skiing in Switzerland or joined those in-your-face vloggers in Dubai.

But maybe I wouldn't.

During a crisis I know where my home is, where I am needed and where I want to be.  

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Condescend? Bitter? Oh hardly.

Even the crab epithet falls flat. I'm bringing no one down. But I know it must be difficult to hold back one's opinion when a situation is viewed from such privilege (and as I mentioned before, no doubt a well earned privilege).

We've all got an opinion on this here pandemic thing, we've all tried to make do as best we can, we have all had our experiences of the lockdowns.

Over this past year I've tried as best I can to help my family, friends and those around me. Maybe if I had the resources and inclination I would have escaped to skiing in Switzerland or joined those in-your-face vloggers in Dubai.

But maybe I wouldn't.

During a crisis I know where my home is, where I am needed and where I want to be.  

 

I know where I’d rather be ..... each to their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banker said:

It would be extremely concerning if you’re on waiting list , I know several on orthopedic lists who have been waiting years for knee/hip surgery and pains are getting worse.

We really need to get hospital back up working fully & get working in backlog, there’s 1 in hospital FFS!!

whilst i fully agree with you on this point ( who'd have thought )   the hospital waiting lists were a shit show long before covid turned up to add to the excuses,  IMHO  they deliberately make you wait so that you put your hand in your pocket to go private.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...