IOM Covid removing restrictions

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

He who writes the notes writes the history, is all one can say.

How can you take those to task if they are no longer around or just trying their best. 

Mistakes have been made. What and who by will never be uncovered really.

We shall see:D

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

I think there is the facility to charge 'Foreigners' for medical treatment, though this may be waived as a gesture of goodwill?

The crew of the Russian boat probably have private medical insurance, so perhaps, a charge should be levied?

It would be ironic if a Russian automatically pulled his wallet out on arrival only to be told 'No thanks'!!!

Perhaps the reason to open B&Q. is to allow people to get the supplies to start/finish their home improvement project? This would keep them happy for a week or two till back to work?

No wonder house prices are going up!

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Presumably the sponsor family will not be expected to physically incarcerate visiting relatives, but to inform plod if the relative isn't toeing the line? 

Gladys, you're wasting valuable grey-matter on a non-matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What made me angry though was that on Tuesday HQ said if things continued as they were then non essential shops could open this Monday. Things have continued as they were (zero cases) but they about turned and put it back a week. Why was this? 

There were actually two cases yesterday (from different households).  They are 'linked' to known cases, but we don't really know what that means.  In some cases (eg a new case in a household that has been isolating for some time) it may be both clear and not worrying.  But there may be others where the link is less certain and they are just guessing - we don't know without genomics.  And even if we can be sure, the important thing is how much contact the new case has had with other people.

This whole thing about pretending the important thing is whether a case can be 'linked', and that it is somehow innocuous if it is, was simply an excuse to make the politicians feel good about doing nothing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Luck? There was a lot of effort by everyone to give us those months of Covid-free. Where was the luck?

I think it was Henrietta that used the word, and inappropriately at that. It only served the purpose to try and cover up the mismanagement of the situation that got us back where we are.

And you swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Luck got us to COVID free when nobody knew it was possible. Remember we were just flattening the curve, it was not the initial strategy but they rightly adopted it. Luck that the prevailing variant wasn’t transmissible enough to get through our weak link, the Steam Packet. 
Nothing wrong with luck, but eventually it runs out and exposes any flaws in procedure and strategy.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, majkul said:

They are hardly gonna be taking bigger steps than baby ones, 

"Baby steps" is one of the buzz phrases oft used by Ashie. Baby steps maybe small and careful but they are usually floundering, the stepper hasn't got a clue what they are doing or where they are going and they are learning. The analogies are endless.

I don't think it is a good metaphor, Ashie. Good fun to hear though, and I shall designate it a two fingers of drink of my choice phrase at the next covid briefing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, Barlow said:

"Baby steps" is one of the buzz phrases oft used by Ashie. Baby steps maybe small and careful but they are usually floundering, the stepper hasn't got a clue what they are doing or where they are going and they are learning. The analogies are endless.

I don't think it is a good metaphor, Ashie. Good fun to hear though, and I shall designate it a two fingers of drink of my choice phrase at the next covid briefing. 

Baby steps often involve a full nappy too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
46 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

How did you get access to this official document before publication? 

That would be telling.

Yours

David

But being serious. The Guernsey thing is not without flaw. But unlike ours at least they have been absolutely clear (granular) reference on the levels and the rules. No nonsense 3A's, but depending on data, ..... blah blah blah. At least their population know, in advance of the requirements. They can make plans at their own risks. We sit on a pile of subjective statements that gives no confidence or hope.

• Like 2
Just now, Itsmeee said:

Can I add  ‘we are not yet ready’ to the briefing bullshit bingo card?

I've bagsied "...............Thank you" for Henny and "Thats a good question" from Allinson. Although Allinson has stated with the "..................Thank you" as well.

Ashford has a rare skill of being able to recite, over and over, the same reply. Bores me to death. He could just say "I just answered that...........Thank you"

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That would be telling.

Yours

David

But being serious. The Guernsey thing is not without flaw. But unlike ours at least they have been absolutely clear (granular) reference on the levels and the rules. No nonsense 3A's, but depending on data, ..... blah blah blah. At least their population know, in advance of the requirements. They can make plans at their own risks. We sit on a pile of subjective statements that gives no confidence or hope.

Spot on there. I am usually a glass half full person and despite considerable personal loss over the last year have managed to remain fairly positive that the IOM government would see sense eventually and open up. However, this week, I am beginning to feel despair. I have not seen my elderly father for 17 months, and am beginning to wonder if I ever will. And don’t give me all that Karen shit about being able to leave the island any time I want. The hoops you have to jump through and the expense of self isolation away from one’s family make the notion that I’m free to travel a complete nonsense. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I think there is the facility to charge 'Foreigners' for medical treatment, though this may be waived as a gesture of goodwill?

The crew of the Russian boat probably have private medical insurance, so perhaps, a charge should be levied?

Anyone is entitled to receive emergency treatment free of charge in A+E, but if further treatment is required (i.e admission to hospital, or follow up with either GP or Hospital) then a charge should be made for that, unless the person is registered with a GP in the UK. Of course, what constitutes an emergency is open to interpretation.

20 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

am beginning to feel despair. I have not seen my elderly father for 17 months, and am beginning to wonder if I ever will. And don’t give me all that Karen shit about being able to leave the island any time I want. The hoops you have to jump through and the expense of self isolation away from one’s family make the notion that I’m free to travel a complete nonsense. 

That’s Pongo & Cambon normal response to anyone who wants to see borders policy eased in line with similar jurisdictions 

• Like 1