IOM Covid removing restrictions

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Guernsey & Jersey are managing to open upto UK with different testing/isolating processes depending on region arriving from , so why is it so difficult for IOM?

Also Howie has already said 3a from end of this month so think you maybe disappointed if you expect end May. As he said they are considering a paper on what testing/isolating will be required at Thursday Comin so maybe an announcement this week.

I expect the revised border policy to be released next Tynwald to more mirror Channel Islands , it would be absolutely ridiculous to wait until all over 16s are fully vaccinated .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• Nom de plume

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except, as usual, you overstate. That’s not what he said at all.

In answer to the journo question  Is there a public appetite for a 3A border change at the end of the month as it will increase risk when we’ve just come out of lockdown?

Howie replied Infection rate coming down in the UK. Discussing next week about protecting residents but we should do our best to ensure family and loved ones can visit us.

No mention of any date, least of all end April. I’m not sure we will follow CI. That seems not to be as data driven as it should be. 

The UK is solely date driven.

Im keen on the restrictions being removed as soon as practical. The are different ideas of what is pragmatically practical. I think that what I’m predicting is a realistic forecast of what will happen, and why. 

John, perhaps you would like to read & listen to Howard saying end April & then review your criticism!!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/border-change-on-track-for-end-of-april-early-may/

Edited by Banker
15 minutes ago, gymbabe said:

I’m more of the opinion that the gradual opening of schools is to observe and assess if there is any effect in letting a reduced number of staff and children mix in close quarters, before opening to all pupils and staff. If there were to be a school-based outbreak, it would be more manageable to contact trace etc.

Which would be fine if it was gradual but it isn’t....all kids are back in next week in one go....nothing gradual about that

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Oh, I’ll address it happily.

The question is what do I expect ‘out lot’ to do?

They'll do what they also do. Hide, fudge, circumnavigate, dither, delay & not actually address anything or issue any clarity on where we are going.

They’ll continue to mask their data channels & provenance of medical advice. 

They’ll have the Manx public for the mugs they are.

Good enough answer?

And, yet, for all your scorn, they’ve done much better than the UK, the EU, indeed better than 90% of the jurisdictions of the world.

Fully accept there have been cockups, and it’s probably been mainly down to luck than judgement.

And of course, there should be transparency, and the advice, and evidence the advice was predicated upon, should be published in précis a week or 14 days behind and in full within 6-13 weeks.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Yes but that won't be sussed out in a week.  They should all be back tomorrow.  Scandalous really.

But they can’t all be back tomorrow, the current position is 2m social distancing.  I understand a typical classroom would fit 8 kids, you’re trying to fit a quart into a pint pot.

1 minute ago, Meoir Shee said:

But they can’t all be back tomorrow, the current position is 2m social distancing.  I understand a typical classroom would fit 8 kids, you’re trying to fit a quart into a pint pot.

The distancing is a nonsense though.  No reason for everyone not to be in school tomorrow.   

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah true. But Howard's border change is to 3A

Yes, I know it’s crap but John was saying he never said end April & was predicting end May/ start June 

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

So is next Monday when all restrictions drop? I hear quayle talking about baby steps then I read restrictions end in 8 days. 

Anyone any idea?

Schools back 19th.

I've heard from someone in the hospitality trade the 26th appears to be the date for the rest.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Schools back 19th.

I've heard from someone in the hospitality trade the 26th appears to be the date for the rest.

This is the bit I don’t understand, if 30+ kids can be in an enclosed space from the 19th, why can’t everything else open at the same time.  1,000 kids+ can go in the school canteen but you have to queue outside the chippy.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Meoir Shee said:

This is the bit I don’t understand, if 30+ kids can be in an enclosed space from the 19th, why can’t everything else open at the same time.  1,000 kids+ can go in the school canteen but you have to queue outside the chippy.

It’s the same stupid rules which say 100s can go into B&Q & buy all sorts but you can’t buy a new coat except online!

I don’t understand why some one when they are dreaming up these things around a table doesn’t put their hands up and say “ do we want to think about the rules and what we are saying as we keep getting called out on it” and then someone else saying “ no don’t be daft nobody is going to pick holes in our silly rules”

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The problem of the IOM where you can, if you make most noise

the IOM where the retards in charge who have no fucking clue what the public have been told and don't want to know if they were told incorrect information. nothing to see or hear here  due to convenient technical difficulties that won't identify or embarrass the person informing callers with the incorrect information that somebody further up the food chain gave them to parrot out in the first place, piss up , brewery,   move along QUIETLY.    i hope she gets someone to licence and microchip the dog (s) for her so the retaliation squad have one less target to aim at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, John Wright said:

And, yet, for all your scorn, they’ve done much better than the UK, the EU, indeed better than 90% of the jurisdictions of the world.

Fully accept there have been cockups, and it’s probably been mainly down to luck than judgement.

And of course, there should be transparency, and the advice, and evidence the advice was predicated upon, should be published in précis a week or 14 days behind and in full within 6-13 weeks.

Listen John, I’m happy to accept any decision (within reason) or restriction they place upon us provided the science, data or advice that those directives are based upon are in the public realm.

This nonsense (hiding behind CoMin confidentiality) has been going on for months now.

We are now at the stage where the U.K. & CI are opening up.

There better be some cast iron reasoning why we shouldn’t be following suit. That’s all my friends & business peers are asking. Is that so unreasonable?

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2