Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

From IOM GOV site

A patient at Noble’s Hospital has died with COVID-19. 

It takes the total number of people who have lost their lives while suffering from the virus on the Island to 27. Whilst the person had COVID-19, it was not the primary cause of death. 

In future, deaths will be split to show where COVID-19 was the primary cause of death. The existing data will be amended to reflect this to ensure a consistent approach to reporting.   

As I say not sure if the data has been changed to show split yet .

That's the death announced on 26 March. You referred to the most recent death(s), when it wasn't. It was only one that was referred to as with covid. You still seem to be ignoring the two deaths that were the actual "most recent ones".

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Apologies, all have been mentioned previously as underlying health issues as many were last year, Ashford did say they were going to redo stats showing those who died with & of COVID but hasn’t been done yet.
It was clarified that the most recent ones were with Covid & the  media statements were usual scaremongering headlines 

Should redo UK statistics as well.

Go back and read my post again. I linked to and also quoted the same news release you did, along with the other two news releases announcing deaths during the current lockdown. 

Again, attention to detail isn't your thing. It's not just in this instance, it's a recurring theme with you. It's probably not that important in the greater scheme of things, but your posts end up being misleading as a result and you just further muddy the already muddy waters. It's tiresome.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2712

  • TheTeapot

    1466

  • Gladys

    1364

  • Nom de plume

    1100

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Ashie said on that that there's a 1 in 100 chance of developing a "stroke event" from getting covid itself. I find that a little alarming, considering i haven't even had a letter yet and the kids are back at school tomorrow, and neither have they. 1 in 100, is that correct?0

No it's nonsense and proof that Ashford's expert medical advice is still being provided by Courtney Heading's cat or whatever.  As often with Ashford you can see where it came from.  A paper published in February states:  A total of 103 (1.3%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 8163 patients with COVID-19.  But this needs to be set in context of the whole paragraph:

Results:

A total of 103 (1.3%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 8163 patients with COVID-19. Among all patients with COVID-19, the proportion of patients with hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, atrial fibrillation, and congestive heart failure was significantly higher among those with acute ischemic stroke. Acute ischemic stroke was associated with discharge to destination other than home or death (relative risk, 2.1 [95% CI, 1.6–2.4]; P<0.0001) after adjusting for potential confounders. A total of 199 (1.0%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 19 513 patients without COVID-19. Among all ischemic stroke patients, COVID-19 was associated with discharge to destination other than home or death (relative risk, 1.2 [95% CI, 1.0–1.3]; P=0.03) after adjusting for potential confounders. [my bold]

In other words the comparative risk went up only from 1% to 1.3%.  between those who had been hospitalised with Covid and those who didn't have it and were hospitalised for something else.  Put simply someone who is in hospital is more likely to have a stroke afterwards because having been ill is more likely to lead to a stroke.

More important these figures are only for hospitalised patients, only a small percentage of those who were diagnosed with Covid at any time (around 2% in the recent outbreak here).  So the actual figure will be 1% of 2%, even assuming that these figures are confirmed beyond this study.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Three levels as far as I know, Bronze, Silver & (of course) GOLD Command. All in line with UK Emergency Services with some aspects drawn from the military (which is hardly surprising given the Chief Secretary's background in the MOD).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold–silver–bronze_command_structure

And that's it. Any specialisms required will drawn on from whatever the UK has in place, except for Manx solutions for Manx problems. After that it's down to the politicians.

...........and it will cost much more than even in the UK.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No it's nonsense and proof that Ashford's expert medical advice is still being provided by Courtney Heading's cat or whatever.  As often with Ashford you can see where it came from.  A paper published in February states:  A total of 103 (1.3%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 8163 patients with COVID-19.  But this needs to be set in context of the whole paragraph:

Results:

A total of 103 (1.3%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 8163 patients with COVID-19. Among all patients with COVID-19, the proportion of patients with hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, atrial fibrillation, and congestive heart failure was significantly higher among those with acute ischemic stroke. Acute ischemic stroke was associated with discharge to destination other than home or death (relative risk, 2.1 [95% CI, 1.6–2.4]; P<0.0001) after adjusting for potential confounders. A total of 199 (1.0%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 19 513 patients without COVID-19. Among all ischemic stroke patients, COVID-19 was associated with discharge to destination other than home or death (relative risk, 1.2 [95% CI, 1.0–1.3]; P=0.03) after adjusting for potential confounders. [my bold]

In other words the comparative risk went up only from 1% to 1.3%.  between those who had been hospitalised with Covid and those who didn't have it and were hospitalised for something else.  Put simply someone who is in hospital is more likely to have a stroke afterwards because having been ill is more likely to lead to a stroke.

More important these figures are only for hospitalised patients, only a small percentage of those who were diagnosed with Covid at any time (around 2% in the recent outbreak here).  So the actual figure will be 1% of 2%, even assuming that these figures are confirmed beyond this study.

He should be asked to retract that statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I know Gladys but it will still have associated costs. Premises, secretarial, printing, headed notepaper, refreshments etc.

Yes, there will be a cost, but it won't, or shouldn't,  be huge.    Let's hope they get some people in there without articulated heads.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He should be asked to retract that statement. 

Based on previous form, he'll just claim his words just didn't mean what they clearly do mean.  Admitted that anyone in Manx Government is ever wrong about anything is forbidden.  Especially if it's true.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I want to get in early on bingo today I bet he says something about the missing 75 baskets at Kirby garden centre

You see, you can't relay accurate information either! It was 85 baskets!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Based on previous form, he'll just claim his words just didn't mean what they clearly do mean.  Admitted that anyone in Manx Government is ever wrong about anything is forbidden.  Especially if it's true.

Its like Fight Club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I want to get in early on bingo today I bet he says something about the missing 75 baskets at Kirby garden centre

plenty of basket cases over here that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

No it's nonsense and proof that Ashford's expert medical advice is still being provided by Courtney Heading's cat or whatever.  As often with Ashford you can see where it came from.  A paper published in February states:  A total of 103 (1.3%) patients developed acute ischemic stroke among 8163 patients with COVID-19.  But this needs to be set in context of the whole paragraph:

 

I have a lot of time and respect for the bloke, but I really do wish he'd stop talking about things that he's not qualified so to do. If he does insist, he at least needs to qualify it with 'it is my understanding, but would need to be confirmed by a clinician..'

The pseudo doctor trait has become more apparent recently. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...